Home

DIY shaitel products
1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




Olive


Post  Wed, Mar 13 2019, 3:05 pm
Hi
Any suggestions for the best products/ shampoos to use when doing my shaitel myself? shaitelmachers or anyone do their shaitel themselves have good experience with any particular products would really appreciate it.
Back to top

trixx




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Mar 13 2019, 3:07 pm
I use any shampoo as long as it's good not like vo5
Detangler brush really works.
Back to top

amother




Olive


Post  Wed, Mar 13 2019, 3:09 pm
Thanks ya tresseme good?

trixx wrote:
I use any shampoo as long as it's good not like vo5
Detangler brush really works.
Back to top

amother




Aquamarine


Post  Wed, Mar 13 2019, 3:50 pm
My sheitel macher uses tresemee with conditioner.
Back to top

lone




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Mar 13 2019, 5:24 pm
It’s funny bc I was told by a very experienced sheital machete that any shampoo is fine (including vo5) as long as u use a good conditioner .

I also use a wet brush on my sheitals.
Back to top

amother




Lavender


Post  Wed, Mar 13 2019, 5:36 pm
Use shampoo and conditioner that is made for color treated hair.

Dove, suave, and tresseme all have great options specifically formulated for color treated hair.

If you will be styling it yourself with hot tools, be sure to use a heat protector. I like it’s a 10 leave in spray. Chi has one that I find is best if you will be using a lot of flatiron.

Good luck!
Back to top

mlc




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Mar 13 2019, 5:39 pm
lone wrote:
It’s funny bc I was told by a very experienced sheital machete that any shampoo is fine (including vo5) as long as u use a good conditioner .

I also use a wet brush on my sheitals.


I was told this too.

And that actually the cheaper ones can be better because they are more simpler formulas with no components that stay on as residue.

(Fancier ones have intentional components that stay on to enhance appearance but wouldn’t do well sitting on hair aka wig that isn’t being washed the next day )
Back to top

lone




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Mar 13 2019, 5:45 pm
mlc wrote:
I was told this too.

And that actually the cheaper ones can be better because they are more simpler formulas with no components that stay on as residue.

(Fancier ones have intentional components that stay on to enhance appearance but wouldn’t do well sitting on hair aka wig that isn’t being washed the next day )


Thanks for commenting ! Other responses made me skeptical about the shampoo, but glad to hear someone else also heard the same
Back to top

aliavi




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Mar 13 2019, 6:40 pm
Not Your Mothers 10-in-1 is a dup for the Its a 10 at a better price and doesn’t have an ingredient I can’t use.

I too use a wet brush.

I use more expensive shampoo for my hair, but Pantene works well on my sheitels and doesn’t dry or oxidize the highlights.

I spray Chi Dry Conditioner on my sheitel ends and front if I’m frizzy.
Back to top

mlc




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Mar 13 2019, 6:44 pm
Excuse my ignorance , but is there something specific called a wet brush? Or Do you all mean literally any brush that is wet ?

Thanks Hi
Back to top

chestnut




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Mar 13 2019, 6:49 pm
mlc wrote:
Excuse my ignorance , but is there something specific called a wet brush? Or Do you all mean literally any brush that is wet ?

Thanks Hi


Yes, it's a specific brush, called wet brush. Google it
Back to top

chestnut




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Mar 13 2019, 6:49 pm
What do you all use on the back hair to prevent tangling?
Back to top

mlc




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Mar 13 2019, 7:01 pm
[quote="chestnut"]Yes, it's a specific brush, called wet brush. Google it[/quote

Thank you! Looks great, Just ordered it and smcant wait to try it out
Back to top

amother




Black


Post  Wed, Mar 13 2019, 7:37 pm
I am a sheitel macher.
I use treseme shampoo and conditioner.
I use Paul mitchel super skinny serum if the wig feels too rough and knotty.
I use baking soda if theres product buildup.
Vinegar if it smells bad.
Loreal natural mask (overnight in bag) for deep conditioning.

Shampoo 2x, brushing entire time until shampoo is out. (Use a special brush for wet hair)
Condition 1x, use a lot. Brush whole way through. Try not to get a lot of conditioner on the very top.

Let dry on head.

Use heat protectant before styling. You MUST blow dry damp or wig will burn.
Back to top

amother




Black


Post  Wed, Mar 13 2019, 7:38 pm
chestnut wrote:
What do you all use on the back hair to prevent tangling?


Deep conditioner, let wig marinate overnight in bag and wash out.
Back to top

chestnut




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Mar 13 2019, 7:40 pm
Thanks.
That's to untangle them, right? Anything to put to prevent the tangling?
Back to top

amother




Black


Post  Wed, Mar 13 2019, 7:48 pm
chestnut wrote:
Thanks.
That's to untangle them, right? Anything to put to prevent the tangling?


It's to prevent and take out the tangles, but mostly to prevent because you do it after shampoo and conditioner.
I also wash it with paul mitchel super skinny serum (along with the shampoo). It's pretty expensive, so if you wanna go a little cheaper, you can use BTZ smooth criminal.
Back to top

amother




Pink


Post  Wed, Mar 13 2019, 8:00 pm
amother wrote:
I am a sheitel macher.
I use treseme shampoo and conditioner.
I use Paul mitchel super skinny serum if the wig feels too rough and knotty.
I use baking soda if theres product buildup.
Vinegar if it smells bad.
Loreal natural mask (overnight in bag) for deep conditioning.

Shampoo 2x, brushing entire time until shampoo is out. (Use a special brush for wet hair)
Condition 1x, use a lot. Brush whole way through. Try not to get a lot of conditioner on the very top.

Let dry on head.

Use heat protectant before styling. You MUST blow dry damp or wig will burn.

I was told to shampoo a wig while it's on a styrofoam head, so that the cap doesn't lose its shape.
Question: Is it bad to lightly shampoo the interior of the cap? How do I rinse out the suds from the cap's interior if it's on a head?
Back to top

amother




Olive


Post  Wed, Mar 13 2019, 8:04 pm
amother wrote:
I am a sheitel macher.
I use treseme shampoo and conditioner.
I use Paul mitchel super skinny serum if the wig feels too rough and knotty.
I use baking soda if theres product buildup.
Vinegar if it smells bad.
Loreal natural mask (overnight in bag) for deep conditioning.

Shampoo 2x, brushing entire time until shampoo is out. (Use a special brush for wet hair)
Condition 1x, use a lot. Brush whole way through. Try not to get a lot of conditioner on the very top.

Let dry on head.

Use heat protectant before styling. You MUST blow dry damp or wig will burn.

Thanks so so much!! I heard from a shaitel macher that she uses a water bottle spray constantly while blow drying
Back to top

mammale




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Mar 13 2019, 8:13 pm
amother wrote:
I am a sheitel macher.
I use treseme shampoo and conditioner.
I use Paul mitchel super skinny serum if the wig feels too rough and knotty.
I use baking soda if theres product buildup.
Vinegar if it smells bad.
Loreal natural mask (overnight in bag) for deep conditioning.

Shampoo 2x, brushing entire time until shampoo is out. (Use a special brush for wet hair)
Condition 1x, use a lot. Brush whole way through. Try not to get a lot of conditioner on the very top.

Let dry on head.

Use heat protectant before styling. You MUST blow dry damp or wig will burn.


Hair should be dry or damp while styling?
Back to top
1, 2  Next Recent Topics

Page 1 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty

Related Topics Replies Last Post
A company's products never had Shatnez
by amother
6 Today at 5:10 pm View last post
Fall Shaitel Gemach
by amother
1 Tue, Mar 12 2019, 8:49 pm View last post
DIY bathroom remodel 5 Mon, Mar 11 2019, 12:13 pm View last post
Looking to sell credit at Shaitel macher 2 Sun, Mar 10 2019, 12:01 pm View last post
Would like 2 dye my shaitel in Monsey
by KiKi
7 Thu, Mar 07 2019, 3:09 pm View last post

Jump to: