Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Advice needed!!!!!

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Mar 13 2019, 3:18 pm
I'm looking to move this June, and have been searching for places to rent already. Because of a few restictions (and apparently it's a bit too early to get any real listings yet) it has been difficult so far. Also, because I know what's in the area, I know finding a place we need will be difficult!

While searching last night I found an apartment that seems perfect!!! It's within budget, with the amount of bedrooms and bathrooms that we need, AND in an area we need. The only catch: it's ready NOW! I made an appointment to view it anyways, but I'm scared bc if we like it, what do we do? Do I see if they would be willing to wait for us to rent in June, (3mnths away!!!) or would that be an automatic loss of the apartment?
I need to be in current city (which is about an hrs drive-without traffic) until my daughter "graduates" from kindergarten. (Aka finishes school year) I'm at a loss for viable options/ideas.

Anyone been in this position before? What did you do?
Or do u have ideas?

TIA!!

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Mar 13 2019, 3:21 pm
I know that people pay a few months of rent for their children that are getting married just to have the apartment. If they find an apartment now and it will be hard to find later they take the apartment and pay the rent starting now. In your case that would be double rent and extremely expensive. I don't have advice.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Mar 13 2019, 3:44 pm
If it's really perfect for you, I would pay the rent till June. No landlord will agree to hold an apartment for you without rent.

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Mar 13 2019, 3:48 pm
Yeah, that's what I figured. There's no way we can afford that, oh well Sad

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Mar 13 2019, 3:49 pm
Do you have a school already for next year? Would she be able to start now? Or go to a kiddie group till the end of the year?

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Mar 13 2019, 3:52 pm
I can't pull her out, she's improved so much in this class, I'd like her to finish. Plus, we've already payed to have her in this year, so then I'd have to pay double for that! Plus, it's only 3 months left in the year. It wouldn't work Sad

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Mar 13 2019, 3:55 pm
My only other option I can think of is driving the hour/he and a half (one way!!) every day. But I don't have a car, so... I'd need to figure that out 🙄
And then, what would I do with myself and baby while she's in school? No way can I drive back and forth 2x a day!

Uchhh, so annoying!!

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Mar 13 2019, 3:58 pm
amother wrote:
My only other option I can think of is driving the hour/he and a half (one way!!) every day. But I don't have a car, so... I'd need to figure that out 🙄
And then, what would I do with myself and baby while she's in school? No way can I drive back and forth 2x a day!

Uchhh, so annoying!!

I would pull her out. She is so young that the transition won't matter.

I had to pull my kids out around Purim because of an illness in the family. I home schooled for a few months. They were a little bit older than your daughter.

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Mar 13 2019, 4:00 pm
amother wrote:
I would pull her out. She is so young that the transition won't matter.

I had to pull my kids out around Purim because of an illness in the family. I home schooled for a few months. They were a little bit older than your daughter.

I guess. I'd just feel bad for my daughter. Idk. She's only 4 (going on 5)

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Mar 13 2019, 4:26 pm
OP, I would pull her out, she's just 4, she'll be fine. Find out if there's a kiddie group for 4 year olds in the new area she can attend. She won't miss out on anything if she doesn't finish the year in her current school.

dancingqueen

Post Wed, Mar 13 2019, 5:07 pm
And I would absolutely not pull out a child who is doing well at this point in the year unless it was an emergency. For apartment rentals you can’t really look until the month or two before usually.

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Mar 13 2019, 5:24 pm
Are you able to afford both apartments for a short time? Are you an excellent rental candidate (great credit, references, income, etc)? You might be able to negotiate with the landlord to split the difference. I once paid a month’s rent for the landlord to keep an apartment off the market for two months before moving in.

doctorima

Post Sat, Mar 16 2019, 11:21 pm
Any option to take the new apartment now and find somebody to sublet it from you for the next few months, or even part of them (if that's allowed by the lease)?

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 12:04 am
doctorima wrote:
Any option to take the new apartment now and find somebody to sublet it from you for the next few months, or even part of them (if that's allowed by the lease)?

Most likely. But that wasn't my question. I wanted to know of a way to have the new apartment for June, so I don't have to pull my daughter out of school B4 school ends!
Thanks anyway

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 12:05 am
amother wrote:
Are you able to afford both apartments for a short time? Are you an excellent rental candidate (great credit, references, income, etc)? You might be able to negotiate with the landlord to split the difference. I once paid a month’s rent for the landlord to keep an apartment off the market for two months before moving in.

Unfortunately no Sad

dankbar

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 12:32 am
If you sign for the apt now, & sublease it for next few months till you are ready to move. This way you can stay till end of year & have help to pay the rent that you take upon yourself to pay for next few months. Win-win.

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 4:59 am
dankbar wrote:
If you sign for the apt now, & sublease it for next few months till you are ready to move. This way you can stay till end of year & have help to pay the rent that you take upon yourself to pay for next few months. Win-win.

Oh, that's true sorry I misunderstood 😳
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating