Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Dressing up as... me... and my family
Previous  1  2

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Mar 14 2019, 6:17 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Last Purim I wore one of my Renaissance Faire gowns.

Nobody noticed. LOL

Someone did say that they liked my dress. When I said it was my princess costume, they said "Oh, I thought it was just another of your pretty, funky outfits!"

I guess I'm still a hippie at heart.

If you wore any of the Ren Faire gowns I've ever seen, people in your community would DEFINITELY notice. Unless you wore something under it. TMI

zaq

Post Thu, Mar 14 2019, 6:27 pm
amother wrote:

I think it's really weird to ask someone you barely know to 'borrow' their wig. For me it's a personal article, like asking to wear my undershirt for Purim :/

There is that, which is a whole nother issue. It’s not only rude but bizarre—I mean, why would you want to? Yuck-a-doodle! Exactly like borrowing underwear—dirty underwear at that, since you’re presumably not washing your sheitel first.

Bichlal if you barely know the person it’s rude to ask to borrow something unless it’s an emergency. It’s not like asking to borrow a vaporizer because your kid has croup.

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Mar 14 2019, 6:55 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Last Purim I wore one of my Renaissance Faire gowns.

Nobody noticed. LOL

Someone did say that they liked my dress. When I said it was my princess costume, they said "Oh, I thought it was just another of your pretty, funky outfits!"

I guess I'm still a hippie at heart.

I had the opposite: I wore a pretty tailored blue blazer/suit and a drunk bil said- oh you dressed up as a waitress? Actually I hope he was drunk!

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Mar 15 2019, 10:53 am
SixOfWands wrote:
If you wore any of the Ren Faire gowns I've ever seen, people in your community would DEFINITELY notice. Unless you wore something under it. TMI

I have a chemise that goes under the gown. It has long sleeves and a high neckline. It's more of a peasant look than a royal look, but it is still appropriate for the period of the gown.

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, Mar 15 2019, 10:59 am
Delete
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics