Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections
Ouch!!

yo'ma

Post Thu, Mar 14 2019, 8:52 am
I'm not into crafts and such, but I am into sewing even though I don't sew much anymore. I did make myself and dd a dress for my nephews wedding recently. Now that purim is coming up I'm making my children their costumes. I usually sew them, but this time a lot of hot glue is needed and ouch, ouch, ouch!! I burned myself too many times to count and got two blisters.

Besides constantly burning myself I chipped my tooth two different times, once trying to cut thread with my teeth and once trying to pull a needle with my teeth. DO NOT DO EITHER OF THOSE THINGS!!! Laugh

I posted this (sewing mishaps) a couple of years back, but this is more about physical mishaps. So what about you? What was your ouch?

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Mar 14 2019, 9:33 am
I make dips for Shabbos and I use a hand blender. One Thursday I blended the techina and went to wash the stick blender so that I could make the next dip. I was running the sink and cleaning the blade but didn't pay attention that it was still plugged in and I pressed the button to blend...I blended my finger...there was more blood than dip. I had to call Hatzolah and thankfully had a sick kid at home who I gave instructions to invade I fainted because I felt faint and needed to put my head between my knees until Hatzaloh showed up. In case you were wondering, we had to buy dips that Shabbos.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Mar 14 2019, 9:56 am
When using hot glue, always keep a coffee cup full of ice water nearby. The second you feel a burn, put the finger in the ice water.

When using a leather needle, be aware that it goes through all kinds of skins, especially yours.

Needle felting is not for the squeamish. You will bleed a lot. A LOT.

Brought to you by the voice of experience. Wink

Rappel

Post Thu, Mar 14 2019, 12:28 pm
Lol. DH bought us an extremely special bottle of wine, and it broke right before Shabbat. To replace it, he ran to our neighbors, and bought a bottle of their amateur wine... Except it was still fermenting. The bottle exploded in my hand.

DH was ready to go get another bottle from them.

I said we're making Kiddush on challah this Shabbat.

My palm is still covered in scars. LOL

Rappel

Post Thu, Mar 14 2019, 12:32 pm
Another one: I was rock climbing without gear, and the face of the cliff crumbled, crushing my pinky.

It was a small injury, but I was horrified that I might lose the use of that finger - I couldn't feel it at all.

So I made a big fuss in the emergency room until they cleaned it, and all of a sudden it hurt! I was so happy... And then I felt like a fool for making a big deal about a little, tiny pinky.

Wife1

Post Thu, Mar 14 2019, 12:36 pm
Yes I also blended my finger as a kid.... that hurts noe I always unplug the stick blender the second I'm done
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics