Home

Shore Children's Dental (near Lakewood)

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




Honeydew


Post  Thu, Mar 14 2019, 11:35 am
Does anyone have experience with this dental group? Are any of the dentists better than others? Does anyone have any experience with Dr. Jason? Is he good?

TIA!
Back to top

amother




Firebrick


Post  Thu, Mar 14 2019, 12:06 pm
amother wrote:
Does anyone have experience with this dental group? Are any of the dentists better than others? Does anyone have any experience with Dr. Jason? Is he good?

TIA!


Following Smile Tongue Out
Back to top

mommy201




 
 
 


Post  Thu, Mar 14 2019, 12:09 pm
Yes! Amazing Dentist practice. Very kid friendly. I especially like Dr. Jason. He is calm, nice and capable.
Back to top

amother




Violet


Post  Thu, Mar 14 2019, 12:11 pm
Is that the place that sedates kids to fill cavities?
Back to top

amother




Turquoise


Post  Thu, Mar 14 2019, 8:32 pm
amother wrote:
Is that the place that sedates kids to fill cavities?

My son had several cavities filled there. I didnt even hear an option about sedating him. They numbed his gum and filled the cavity
Back to top

amother




Lilac


Post  Thu, Mar 14 2019, 8:45 pm
amother wrote:
Is that the place that sedates kids to fill cavities?

Yes. They use laughing gas
Back to top

amother




Honeydew


Post  Today at 12:45 pm
OP here. I took my daughter there this morning for some work and I am quite upset. They had told her at her checkup that if she did not wiggle out two baby teeth by the time she came back, they would take them out at this visit. She did wiggle them out, but they decided to pull two other baby teeth instead. One of them does not even have the permanent tooth visible yet underneath - there was no reason for them to pull that tooth except that they had decided to collect money for two extractions in advance. It is painful and bloody, and was totally unnecessary.

They had also scheduled her for sealants on three teeth. But they put sealants on SEVEN teeth, four of them the teeth adjacent to the canines - which were very smooth and no reason for sealants. Those sealants were unnecessary and are probably liable to do more harm than good. Again, probably so they can collect insurance for them.

See images. Image 1 is what they had planned. Image 2 is what they did - and I doubt teeth 5, 12, 28, & 29 should have gotten sealed.

Picture resized

Picture resized
Back to top

amother




Linen


Post  Today at 12:53 pm
That's not good at all. Wasn't a parent with your dd? How did all of this take place without consent? I definitely wouldn't continue using a practice after that experience.
Back to top

amother




Honeydew


Post  Today at 2:39 pm
I was with dd. We were coming in mainly to fill a cavity. Here's how the visit went:

Dd sat in the chair. The hygienist told me that they are going to take two x-rays. I said - huh? Why? I don't want her to have x-rays, we are here to fill a cavity. She said - would you rather speak to the dentist before we do it? I said yes.

Dr. Jason came in and said we need to do x-rays on both sides (she had a cavity on one side.) I asked why. He gave me the speech about not being able to see between the teeth. And that if there is a cavity in the tooth that is being filled, insurance won't cover a second cavity for a year after a filling. So we need to find out now if there is a cavity between the teeth (ok, not sure why they wanted to do x-rays on the other side). Mind you, at her checkup, I had asked not to do x-rays and the hygienist had told me no need for x-rays since there was space between her teeth. Anyway, I fought Dr. Jason for no x-rays. Turns out, he pulled the tooth next to the one with cavity, so he was PERFECTLY able to see the ENTIRE surface of that tooth - so there was CERTAINLY no need for an x-ray.

Then he told me that he's going to pull the teeth. I said - the teeth already fell out. So he said, well there's two more that he needs to pull. One was pretty shaky. I said OK for the shaky one, but I don't want you to pull the other one. He said he needs to because otherwise it will cause issues with her gum. I asked - is there a tooth already growing in underneath. He said yes. I said OK. But it was a lie - there is no tooth erupting yet where he pulled that tooth. There was absolutely no reason for that tooth to come out. I made a mistake for consenting to it and I feel terrible.

Then he said he needs to do sealants. I said OK. I did not dream he would do them on the teeth so close to the front, I thought he would only do them on the back molars. I did not ask him which teeth he plans to do them on since I have never had such an experience at a dentist before (we are new to this practice). My kids have gotten sealants before at other dentists - but only on teeth that actually needed them! I could not believe that he was putting sealants on such smooth teeth. Once I realized, though, it was too late. And besides, he already had gotten a hard look on his face and was not very receptive to what I had to say at that point.

I do not plan to continue using them. I plan to pay out of pocket and use a dentist that is not covered by our insurance.
Back to top

amother




Lemon


Post  Today at 2:45 pm
amother wrote:
I was with dd. We were coming in mainly to fill a cavity. Here's how the visit went:

Dd sat in the chair. The hygienist told me that they are going to take two x-rays. I said - huh? Why? I don't want her to have x-rays, we are here to fill a cavity. She said - would you rather speak to the dentist before we do it? I said yes.

Dr. Jason came in and said we need to do x-rays on both sides (she had a cavity on one side.) I asked why. He gave me the speech about not being able to see between the teeth. And that if there is a cavity in the tooth that is being filled, insurance won't cover a second cavity for a year after a filling. So we need to find out now if there is a cavity between the teeth (ok, not sure why they wanted to do x-rays on the other side). Mind you, at her checkup, I had asked not to do x-rays and the hygienist had told me no need for x-rays since there was space between her teeth. Anyway, I fought Dr. Jason for no x-rays. Turns out, he pulled the tooth next to the one with cavity, so he was PERFECTLY able to see the ENTIRE surface of that tooth - so there was CERTAINLY no need for an x-ray.

Then he told me that he's going to pull the teeth. I said - the teeth already fell out. So he said, well there's two more that he needs to pull. One was pretty shaky. I said OK for the shaky one, but I don't want you to pull the other one. He said he needs to because otherwise it will cause issues with her gum. I asked - is there a tooth already growing in underneath. He said yes. I said OK. But it was a lie - there is no tooth erupting yet where he pulled that tooth. There was absolutely no reason for that tooth to come out. I made a mistake for consenting to it and I feel terrible.

Then he said he needs to do sealants. I said OK. I did not dream he would do them on the teeth so close to the front, I thought he would only do them on the back molars. I did not ask him which teeth he plans to do them on since I have never had such an experience at a dentist before (we are new to this practice). My kids have gotten sealants before at other dentists - but only on teeth that actually needed them! I could not believe that he was putting sealants on such smooth teeth. Once I realized, though, it was too late. And besides, he already had gotten a hard look on his face and was not very receptive to what I had to say at that point.

I do not plan to continue using them. I plan to pay out of pocket and use a dentist that is not covered by our insurance.



I went recently and felt the same way. they told me that my insurance pays very well and then proceeded to tell me all the work my daughter needs (14 cavities) after I had gone to another dentist the week before who told me 2... more to the story but im never going back there.
Back to top

amother




Honeydew


Post  Today at 2:53 pm
amother wrote:
I went recently and felt the same way. they told me that my insurance pays very well and then proceeded to tell me all the work my daughter needs (14 cavities) after I had gone to another dentist the week before who told me 2... more to the story but im never going back there.


Wish you would've posted earlier... before I went....

At least my daughter's cavity was real - I did not make an appointment to fill it till I actually poked in a dentist tool and felt the cavity myself. I think I felt it, at least. I am not a dentist...
Back to top

amother




Linen


Post  Today at 2:57 pm
That's horrible. I'm so glad you're publicizing it.
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Does Lakewood need these businesses?
by amother
30 Today at 5:11 pm View last post
Cake platters from Lakewood 2 Today at 1:40 pm View last post
Help me find my son a school (lakewood)
by amother
10 Yesterday at 8:24 pm View last post
Dentist Dr Venditto in Lakewood?
by amother
3 Yesterday at 1:09 pm View last post
Fake leather couch lakewood
by grivky
7 Yesterday at 1:05 pm View last post

Jump to: