Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Sirens went off in Tel Aviv - two rockets fired from Gaza
Previous  1  2

amother
Apricot

Post Fri, Mar 15 2019, 12:24 pm
SacN wrote:
Quote:
It was so scary! I was home alone with 2 kids and not expecting it at all. My first real siren since I made aliyah. At first didn’t know if it was real or not. Then I heard the bang!
Took me a while to stop shaking.
Davening it doesn’t happen again.

You have my sympathy. We made aliyah with two little kids right before Tzuk Eitan to an area that had multiple sirens per day for the first time ever. Welcome to Israel!
I still remember being scared to shower if I was home alone and rushing to the stairs with my neighbors in a bathrobe and snood with shampoo dripping down my back and the two sleeping babies in my arms. On the upside, I got to know my neighbors well, and now I know to just always expect it. It took a while after that for any siren to not make me jump.

But for perspective, talk to people who were here during the Gulf War. Gaza is a time bomb, unfortunately. Such a shame.

And yet the left in Israel still says it was right to give them land and there all for giving them more land! Sick no?

amother
Apricot

Post Fri, Mar 15 2019, 12:24 pm
etky wrote:
Yesterday there was a protest march in Gaza over the high cost of living and the dire economic situation in the Strip.These type of protests are very rare; it is a sign that people are reaching the end of their rope. So yes, my first thought was that this was a diversion from internal problems.
Now, either to avoid the consequences or just to confound us, Hamas and the Islamic Jihad are both denying that they fired the missiles. They claim that some undisciplined fringe group fired them. Regardless, Israel is holding Hamas accountable. I mean, there's a limit Rolling Eyes

They’re the ones who voted in hamass and they deserve what they get. No sympathy for them.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed