Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
S/O imamother teachers Purim Question

amother
Sienna

Post Fri, Mar 15 2019, 8:59 am
The "wives of Rebbes" gave me the idea of asking a question I've been very curious about , here on Imamother.
Dear, devoted teachers, what are your favorite MM? I'm thinking of doing a nice box of chocolate, but I always imagine that teachers receive endless piles of unnecessary chocolate. I don't know if a teacher would eat my homemade goodies. I usually get a gift card (several grateful moms together , but I still like to include something edible. I also am planning on writing a personal letter, because some teachers really make a difference in my kids' days.
So teachers, what would you love to receive from my adorable DDs?
Reported my post because it somehow is not under Purim, like I selected

watergirl

Post Fri, Mar 15 2019, 9:11 am
I moved it for you.

amother
Sienna

Post Fri, Mar 15 2019, 9:13 am
Thanks!

Metukah

Post Fri, Mar 15 2019, 9:18 am
I'm not a teacher, but as I like to give cash/gift cards I'm not too concerned about the actual mm. I usually just send the regular family mm which contains a drink, bar of chocolate and one or 2 other things. Usually in line with the family theme.

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Mar 15 2019, 9:33 am
I'm a teacher.
I like personal thank you cards Smile
Re. Homemade - if I know the family, in same community, I will eat their homemade. They are my friends and I trust their kashrus. I teach within muy community, so I will eat 99% of homemade, unless it's not my taste.

Optione

Post Fri, Mar 15 2019, 11:03 am
Re chocolate: if it's nice chocolate, I always save it for myself Smile

Ruchel

Post Fri, Mar 15 2019, 11:49 am
I prefer a system of no give no get.

But I'd take anything except odd message/perfume/personal thing

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, Mar 15 2019, 12:01 pm
Is there ever such a thing as too much chocolate? What

As a high school teacher I never get MM or tips, but back when I taught younger grades I appreciated small - and convenient to carry home (most kids brought MM to school.)

I save all the personal cards because they are most meaningful.

Ravenclaw

Post Fri, Mar 15 2019, 12:45 pm
THE TERM “UNNECESSARY CHOCOLATE” IS A PARADOX.

never forget that

teachkids

Post Fri, Mar 15 2019, 3:05 pm
The main thing is the card/ thought, but you so can't go wrong with chocolate, I love those packages, especially because chocolate doesn't go bad. I've also gotten nice boxes of teas, or small packages of bought baked goods.
Don't bother sending alcohol, you don't know what type they use and might not sell Chometz if its anything other than wine.
I teach in more modern schools than my actual affiliation so I carefully pick which families I'm willing to eat homemade food from.

amother
Ivory

Post Fri, Mar 15 2019, 3:19 pm
That is so sweet of you!
A note & gift card are both really appreciated and more then enough!
If you do want to give an actual sholoch monos -agree that u can never have enuf chocolate, I always save the chocolate in a separate special stash!
Wine is also appreciated -since me & my spouse are both teachers, and on a tight budget, we appreciate having a nice wine on occasion, and we save it for shabbosim which is a big help.
Home baked stuff are also really appreciated -if you are close community members /eat the same hechsher... but that can get tricky due to hechsheirim, & allergies.
Thanks for asking!!

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sat, Mar 16 2019, 8:25 pm
I once got A box of cherry tomatoes sliced cheese in a package and a box of breadsticks arranged on a wooden cutting board. It was wholesome and delicious and yet nothing was homemade so no issues in that regard.
Or a container of dip and box of crackers.
Sometimes the chocolate is just too much.

aricelli

Post Sat, Mar 16 2019, 10:32 pm
Ravenclaw wrote:
THE TERM “UNNECESSARY CHOCOLATE” IS A PARADOX.

never forget that

The term “unnecessary chocolate” is an oxymoron
Never put the two words in the same sentence

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 12:57 am
I am a nursery age Morah.
Some years I receive a lot of mishloach manos from my students, other years I will get 1 or 2. I will be honest and say that those sparse years, I wonder if it means that I am not doing a good job as a mOrah, do the parents not like me etc Sad It leaves me feeling terribe, because I dont care what the parents and kids give to me, I just care that they care enough about me to give something!

and if I have to say my favorite things to receive, its:
kosher lPesach wine/grape juice /chocolate. (ie something to help me save money on my pesach shopping)
also, I like getting fruit or nuts.
Once a parent gave me a small but nice candy tray - my kids were so happy! we used it for shabbos treats the next two shabbosos.

Worst thing to receive is unwrapped candies or unwrapped home made food.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics