Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Are snoods back in style, or are pre-tieds still "in?
1  2  3  Next

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 12:11 pm
I would like to treat myself to some new headcoverings for yomtov. Just want to know what is "in" for headcoverings around Pesach time? I don't like the squares that need to be tied by myself, because they never stay on tight and look strange on me. So my question is, what is more in style, a fancy pre-tied Or are Snoods back in style. Help!

Maryann

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 12:14 pm
I see a lot of people wearing the scarves you tie yourself, they look beautiful and they hang down your back... But I really don't think I look good in them and I constantly need to fix them! So I just wear regular snoods, I just buy different colors

tweety1

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 12:19 pm
You have to buy what you look better in and what you feel more comfortable in. I live in my snoops. For me there's nothing as comfortable as snoods. Also for my hairline the snoods are better. The pretieds I found move around up down all around much more than the snoods but that might just be me. Pretieds on the other hand, you can find gorgeous ones, really stunning an elegant.
Eta: the pretieds stretch much faster. That was a big issue for me also.

Aylat

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 12:30 pm
Have you tried long rectangular headscarves? They stay on better for me and are more in style nowadays than square ones.

OutATowner

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 12:33 pm
First and foremost, wear what is comfortable for you.
I haven't seen pretied snoods in a few years. Where I live most people wear the chenille type snoods. I happen to think those are the most comfortable for me, but you have to pick what's best for you.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 2:15 pm
In Chassidish circles the most updated is chenille snoods versus pretied bandanas or turbans, for home use or in bungalow colony when sheitels are not worn, although you see all.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 2:21 pm
Let's define snood. I have a hunch you mean chenille (which I have no idea how people wear when it's warm). When I started out, snood meant this sack like thing with a band.

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 2:24 pm
OutATowner wrote:
First and foremost, wear what is comfortable for you.
I haven't seen pretied snoods in a few years. Where I live most people wear the chenille type snoods. I happen to think those are the most comfortable for me, but you have to pick what's best for you.

I also see a lot of the chenille, but I never wore them because I look like a big puff. Maybe my face is too round? Anyway, I prefer to not wear latest and just look normal.

seeker

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 3:35 pm
I think snoods are more in now but if you feel comfortable and like the way you look in pretied, they're still fine too.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 4:34 pm
https://www.themimiboutique.com/ has lots of tichels and snoods. I like the pretied tichels with the inside velvet band, since they stay on so well!

kenz

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 4:36 pm
My teens forbade me from wearing pre-tieds anymore. It’s very well and good to say, “Who cares, wear what you like,” but if you have teenage daughters good luck with that. Most people I see are wearing chenille snoods. What’s definitely out are the t-shirt snoods with the knots on top.

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 4:38 pm
I'm petite and have a small face, so only chenille snoods for me.
The long kerchiefs look terrible on me. I think they look better on taller women.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 5:22 pm
OP here, I am embarrassed to ask, but what are CHENILLE snoods? Is that a specific fabric or is it crocheted? Also, are there any snoods that do not have Knots on the top?

Skippy!!

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 5:29 pm
https://doubleheaderusa.com/re.....nood/

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 5:30 pm
amother wrote:
OP here, I am embarrassed to ask, but what are CHENILLE snoods? Is that a specific fabric or is it crocheted? Also, are there any snoods that do not have Knots on the top?

They look like this.
https://doubleheaderusa.com/re.....D_BwE
Click on the option WITH LINING to see what it looks like on a mannequin.

octopus

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 7:05 pm
The chenille snoods have been around a long time. I wear them but can't stand them. It looks like a bathing cap. So unflattering.

Simple1

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 7:06 pm
octopus wrote:
The chenille snoods have been around a long time. I wear them but can't stand them. It looks like a bathing cap. So unflattering.

I'm waiting for them to go out of style. While some ladies look good in them, they look awful on me to the point where I can't wear them. So lately I'm wearing my shaitel more than I used to.

octopus

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 7:15 pm
Simple1 wrote:
I'm waiting for them to go out of style. While some ladies look good in them, they look awful on me to the point where I can't wear them. So lately I'm wearing my shaitel more than I used to.

I wear them but feel so ugly in it. I've also taken to wearing my shaitel more because of it. Really awful. Not only is it not complimentary, it makes everyone looks worse.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 8:01 pm
I always feel love a mushroom in them. I live bennies.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 9:03 pm
I see an equal amount of pretieds and chenille snoods. I like the snoods with a soft band around it. It fits more flattering.

I do think that whatever is more flattering for your face is the one you should choose, regardless of how "trendy" it is.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics