Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Does Lakewood need these businesses?
1  2  Next

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 2:31 pm
Affordable children's clothing
Affordable children's shoes
Affordable women's clothing
Affordable women's gowns (nothing over $500)

Are any of these viable business ideas?

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 2:34 pm
I think you're going to have to define affordable.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 2:36 pm
Affordable women's clothing: I am not sure
Children's clothing: $10-20 for pants/skirts
$50 for dresses
$20-30 for shabbos shirts/sweaters

Shoes: no shabbos shoes over $50

Notsobusy

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 2:40 pm
I think yes. There are a lot of people who can't afford or don't want to spend a lot of money. There are some options for clothing, such as Clover, Kidichic, Fashion Wholesalers. Whenever I walk into any of these stores they are all very busy.

I think Clover is the only cheaper option for ladies clothing, the other two are only kids.

I don't know of any cheap shoe stores, I think there is definitely a demand for those.

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 2:41 pm
amother wrote:

Children’s clothing has plenty of affordable stores. There’s tottini, clover, fashion wholesalers...
Don’t know if any of the others exist

Simple1

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 2:41 pm
There's for sure a need. I can't tell you if it's viable because I'm not a business person.

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 2:52 pm
I would go if they had nice things...

keym

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 3:50 pm
I would go if 1) there was parking
And 2) later hours.
I love Clover and KidiChic. But the parking situation makes me think three times before going.
I love Fashion Wholesalers, but they don't usually have night hours. 10:30-6 is not so helpful if I work ft etc. I end up going to places that have 8-10pm at nights.

Notsobusy

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 3:59 pm
keym wrote:
I would go if 1) there was parking
And 2) later hours.
I love Clover and KidiChic. But the parking situation makes me think three times before going.
I love Fashion Wholesalers, but they don't usually have night hours. 10:30-6 is not so helpful if I work ft etc. I end up going to places that have 8-10pm at nights.

I find that there's always parking in the lot between Rt 9 and Clifton, 1st and 2nd.

Mommyg8

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 4:02 pm
Notsobusy wrote:
I find that there's always parking in the lot between Rt 9 and Clifton, 1st and 2nd.

Good to know. Thanks!

SuperWify

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 8:15 pm
amother wrote:

Affordable Children shoes especially for first walkers and toddlers is definitely in demand. Prices nowadays are $80-200 which is simply crazy.

Affordable clothing not so much because there are Bh options as people mentioned up thread.

Affordable gowns are also very much in demand as making a wedding and spending $700 for yourself, your daughters, DILs, and granddaughters is a big crazy....

My question is how you will keep the prices down while still delivering quality and stylish clothing or shoes as the average Lakewood consumer can be very discerning.... 😉

groisamomma

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 9:09 pm
Affordable bigger-teen and women's size clothing. Right now Clover is the only one.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 9:31 pm
SuperWify wrote:
Affordable Children shoes especially for first walkers and toddlers is definitely in demand. Prices nowadays are $80-200 which is simply crazy.

Affordable clothing not so much because there are Bh options as people mentioned up thread.

Affordable gowns are also very much in demand as making a wedding and spending $700 for yourself, your daughters, DILs, and granddaughters is a big crazy....

My question is how you will keep the prices down while still delivering quality and stylish clothing or shoes as the average Lakewood consumer can be very discerning.... 😉

I'm not sure but I'd love to try to figure it out, especially children's shoes and gowns. I have nice taste but I think the prices are ridiculous so I sacrifice my taste for cheaper, less trendy items.
I think gowns are doable; the prices rose like crazy over the past few years so there must be a way to get them back down a bit.
As far as shoes, those need to be really quality, so I'd need to figure that out.

SuperWify

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 9:34 pm
amother wrote:
I'm not sure but I'd love to try to figure it out, especially children's shoes and gowns. I have nice taste but I think the prices are ridiculous so I sacrifice my taste for cheaper, less trendy items.
I think gowns are doable; the prices rose like crazy over the past few years so there must be a way to get them back down a bit.
As far as shoes, those need to be really quality, so I'd need to figure that out.

Well Hatzlacha and keep us posted! I’d definitely shop in your store!

mommyla

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 9:45 pm
SuperWify wrote:

$200 shoes??? Where? I just paid a lot for well-fitted Shabbos shoes for my daughter, but it was under $100 and I still think that's crazy. I buy her weekday and school shoes at DSW and Zappos but like to have her professionally fitted at least once a year.

I'd definitely say there's a need for an affordable shoe store, but it must have a good fitter. I pay more for that because my kids are hard to fit, at least when they're little.

Not sure about gowns (haven't had to get one in a while), I'm sure there's a need for women's clothing (I usually shop at the mall or online). There's a selection of affordable children's clothing stores between Kidichic, Clover, and Fashion Wholesalers.

Chew21

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 10:07 pm
I would love an affordable but trendy kids nd baby clothing store with options for shabbos. As mentioned, the hours and parking of fashion wholesalers and clothing dony work for me. May e something closer to the other end of the 9 and near Tom's river. I def think there is a need.

Notsobusy

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 10:12 pm
amother wrote:

The few times I bought the expensive shoes in the Jewish stores they didn't seem to be any better quality than the cheap shoes I buy in Stride Rite, Burlington, on line, etc. As far as I can tell it's all hype.

sky

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 10:52 pm
Clover and fashion wholesalers have such great clothing. And amazing prices on weekday($15-30), Shabbos ($40 -50) robes ($42). I wish there were more options. As soon as they put out a style they seem to be selling out.
Even off second was packed with customers and they raised their prices this year.
I would LOVE another affordable clothing store to visit.

For shoes I don’t find the quality of the expensive shoes always great. Good shoes last me 12 months if the kid doesn’t grow too much. But sometimes I get a expensive shoe were the front peels and the store could care less.
People buy Zara shoes for cheap and seem happy...

(Btw if looking for a cheaper shoe shoe spot sometimes does. They have the cheapest little boys shoes that last forever).

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 10:57 pm
Do Clover and Fashion Wholesalers have website's for non-Lakewood natives?

OP: if your selling point is low pricing, be prepared for lots of volume. Which means lots of staff and razor thin profit margins at the beginning. If you can handle that, and have a solid business plan, Hatzlachah!

sky

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 11:09 pm
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
Do Clover and Fashion Wholesalers have website's for non-Lakewood natives?

OP: if your selling point is low pricing, be prepared for lots of volume. Which means lots of staff and razor thin profit margins at the beginning. If you can handle that, and have a solid business plan, Hatzlachah!

Clover and fashion wholesalers really are the same store. - just different locations.

https://www.instagram.com/cloverlkwd/?hl=en

This store in monsey carries similar styles:

https://www.instagram.com/desi.....hl=en

I also love the stores because I find the girls dresses are cut generous and cover knees nicely unlike a lot of other places.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries