Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Does Lakewood need these businesses?
Previous  1  2

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Mar 18 2019, 12:36 am
I find kidichic to have much more stylish clothes than fashion wholesale and clover. I wish an affordable shoe store would come and bring some competition. I find shabbos shoes and toddler shoes especially an issue. Easter shoes just dont look like shabbos shoes and they are not as dainty, pretty. Department shoes for toddler same thing department shoes are not made well except for those real clunky sneakers

SuperWify

Post Mon, Mar 18 2019, 8:16 am
mommyla wrote:
$200 shoes??? Where? I just paid a lot for well-fitted Shabbos shoes for my daughter, but it was under $100 and I still think that's crazy. I buy her weekday and school shoes at DSW and Zappos but like to have her professionally fitted at least once a year.

I'd definitely say there's a need for an affordable shoe store, but it must have a good fitter. I pay more for that because my kids are hard to fit, at least when they're little.

Not sure about gowns (haven't had to get one in a while), I'm sure there's a need for women's clothing (I usually shop at the mall or online). There's a selection of affordable children's clothing stores between Kidichic, Clover, and Fashion Wholesalers.

For the people that shop in frum stores those are the prices. I try to avoid that (especially for me) but for a toddler and especially when I needed to buy his first shoes I needed a good fitter and excellent quality shoes so a frum store was the only option.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Mar 18 2019, 8:20 am
sky wrote:
Clover and fashion wholesalers have such great clothing. And amazing prices on weekday($15-30), Shabbos ($40 -50) robes ($42). I wish there were more options. As soon as they put out a style they seem to be selling out.
Even off second was packed with customers and they raised their prices this year.
I would LOVE another affordable clothing store to visit.

For shoes I don’t find the quality of the expensive shoes always great. Good shoes last me 12 months if the kid doesn’t grow too much. But sometimes I get a expensive shoe were the front peels and the store could care less.
People buy Zara shoes for cheap and seem happy...

(Btw if looking for a cheaper shoe shoe spot sometimes does. They have the cheapest little boys shoes that last forever).

The truth is I find clover to have great weekday pieces for ladies but not so much shabbos and definitely not for simchas so maybe you can find a niche with dressy woman’s clothing at good prices.

Where is shoe spot and do they carry toddlers?

Notsobusy

Post Mon, Mar 18 2019, 8:25 am
SuperWify wrote:
For the people that shop in frum stores those are the prices. I try to avoid that (especially for me) but for a toddler and especially when I needed to buy his first shoes I needed a good fitter and excellent quality shoes so a frum store was the only option.

Stride Rite has great fitters and very decent quality shoes. You can do really well in the outlets. There is really no reason why our kids need such expensive first shoes. The rest of the world manages just fine without the frum shoes.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Mar 18 2019, 8:40 am
Notsobusy wrote:
Stride Rite has great fitters and very decent quality shoes. You can do really well in the outlets. There is really no reason why our kids need such expensive first shoes. The rest of the world manages just fine without the frum shoes.

I have tried with no luck but thank you anyway. I have been since successful since Bh with shopping online in Nordstrom rack and the like now that I know his size.

Notsobusy

Post Mon, Mar 18 2019, 8:56 am
SuperWify wrote:
I have tried with no luck but thank you anyway. I have been since successful since Bh with shopping online in Nordstrom rack and the like now that I know his size.

I guess you can't always get lucky. It does make it much easier once you know their size and you can always go up a size or two as needed.

sky

Post Mon, Mar 18 2019, 9:46 am
SuperWify wrote:
The truth is I find clover to have great weekday pieces for ladies but not so much shabbos and definitely not for simchas so maybe you can find a niche with dressy woman’s clothing at good prices.

Where is shoe spot and do they carry toddlers?

Yes. Glatt bite plaza. I never used them to fit a toddler. Mainly bought boy Shabbos shoes there.

I think sole connections - near Molly jewelry does a great toddler fit and his toddlers shoes are up to about $85.

rikki 1

Post Mon, Mar 18 2019, 2:25 pm
New cheap shoe stores needed now that Payless is going out of business.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Mar 18 2019, 3:19 pm
Theres a new ladies clothing store that I think is a little cheaper but I didnt go in. Its in the old DB electronics across from bagel nosh. The name is "Burgundy"

debsey

Post Mon, Mar 18 2019, 4:32 pm
groisamomma wrote:
Affordable bigger-teen and women's size clothing. Right now Clover is the only one.

Yes. Even NOT affordable clothing stores that have clothes that work for larger size girls. It's a wonder we don't have fourth graders with anorexia in Lakewood - the clothing is all cut for much slimmer girls.

if you have a kid who isn't even all that overweight - just with that disproportionate figure and maybe that baby fat stomach - you just can't find clothes! I've been desperate enough to try stores at every single price point and really had a hard time some years.

If someone could create a line that has the colors and embellishments that are in this year - with some flattering cut dresses, so the kid looks somewhat like her peers - it would be such a chessed, as well as an in-demand business.

Tries2BGoodMom

Post Mon, Mar 18 2019, 5:11 pm
debsey wrote:
Yes. Even NOT affordable clothing stores that have clothes that work for larger size girls. It's a wonder we don't have fourth graders with anorexia in Lakewood - the clothing is all cut for much slimmer girls.

if you have a kid who isn't even all that overweight - just with that disproportionate figure and maybe that baby fat stomach - you just can't find clothes! I've been desperate enough to try stores at every single price point and really had a hard time some years.

If someone could create a line that has the colors and embellishments that are in this year - with some flattering cut dresses, so the kid looks somewhat like her peers - it would be such a chessed, as well as an in-demand business.

Yes totally agree!!! I’m struggling to find clothing for Yom Tov with my teenager and preteen daughters who aren’t so thin.

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Mar 18 2019, 6:50 pm
TriesToBePerfectMom wrote:
Yes totally agree!!! I’m struggling to find clothing for Yom Tov with my teenager and preteen daughters who aren’t so thin.

My neices have done very well at little women. They have hard to fit figures but always look fabulous on the clothes they get there.

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Mar 18 2019, 7:03 pm
I just got little girl shabbos shoes for $25 at ai stone. They have weekday shoes too for 25.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Mar 18 2019, 7:30 pm
Just give me some girls' clothes with LENGTH. It's ridiculous that I should have to size up my 5th grade DD's clothes in FRUM stores for length, when she's not particularly tall - she's actually on the shorter end of her class. It makes no sense to me. And I'm no Rebetzin - all I want is for it to cover her knees!

I very much appreciated that this past season, Junee had some options of dresses with a bit of a hem. Even with that, I sized up (which made the dresses a bit wide on her, and I had to take them in) and took the hem down pretty quickly.

We're all frum, we are shopping in your stores for a reason. GIVE US LENGTH!!!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Mar 18 2019, 7:42 pm
Thanks for the feedback.
I'd love a business that's not just fashion; I love the idea of being able to better people's lives with affordable clothing or special sizes (longer, or sized for larger girls/women). Im going to think about this ideas. I imagine clothing would be easier than shoes.

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Mar 18 2019, 7:58 pm
Chayalle wrote:
Just give me some girls' clothes with LENGTH. It's ridiculous that I should have to size up my 5th grade DD's clothes in FRUM stores for length, when she's not particularly tall - she's actually on the shorter end of her class. It makes no sense to me. And I'm no Rebetzin - all I want is for it to cover her knees!

I very much appreciated that this past season, Junee had some options of dresses with a bit of a hem. Even with that, I sized up (which made the dresses a bit wide on her, and I had to take them in) and took the hem down pretty quickly.

We're all frum, we are shopping in your stores for a reason. GIVE US LENGTH!!!

Applause

Seriously, the stuff is made for supermodels with tiny heads. I’ve been unable to get T-shirts on over my head! And I’m thin and wind up in larges and extra larges in some frum stores.

Now try to imagine what it’s like for us tall folk to shop. It’s a nightmare. I’d love a store with longer lengths, and that goes for tops and sleeves too! (Extra points for options for tall slim women... a girl can dream, right?)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries