Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Interview Question - How would you change the world - lost

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 11:42 am
how would you suggest a 12th grader answer the following question on college interview: how would you change the world?
child does a lot of chessed, is planning to major in a technical field (computers/math),
but doesn't see how she would change the world

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 11:49 am
do mitzvos to bring Moshiach

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 11:49 am
I would answer that I really can't change the world. There is very little I can do about hunger in Africa or a dictator in North Korea. What I can do is be the very best person I am able to every single day. I can offer a warm smile to some and a helping hand to others. I cam make sure that when I have children I give them honorable values such as hard work, respect, and kindness.

Ravenclaw

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 11:50 am
Is there any computer program that could help make the world a better place? That she could see herself one day doing cheeses with? Imagine she didn’t have to worry about earning an income. What would she do with her free time? And how would that impact the world?

leah233

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 1:07 pm
If it's a frum college I would answer that I do not have the ability to change the world.

I can only work on changing myself and making the world a better place.

If it's a not frum college they probably want some glib big talking answer that has to do with social and political activism. Along with a speech about how when I graduate college I'm going to use the skills learned here to...and change the world.

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 1:14 pm
Change the world by changing myself. Change the world by making it a better place for those close to me and those I come in contact with. A pebble thrown into a lake sends ripples farther and farther outward, and small acts extend farther than you can know.

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 1:42 pm
she can change the world by getting married and bringing new neshamas down into it IY"H

believe me, they are looking for something different, yet true, that they hear all the time

go for it

Ravenclaw

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 1:51 pm
The reason I wrote what I did is because she should be writing something significant to her, not to us randos.

DrMom

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 3:11 pm
Let her use her own imagination to answer the question.

Blue jay

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 3:19 pm
How about rephrasing the question to: What can I contribute to society to make it a better place? Have your dd emphasize her special skills.
It makes the question less vague and lofty,
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics