Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Playgroup Toys
Previous  1  2

My4Jewels

Post Mon, Mar 18 2019, 11:21 pm
All the suggestions above are great!

However you should reach out to the state office of licensing and find out what things u might need as far as they are concerned. They determine how many centers you need how many kids u can legally have and other restrictions.

I would do that before investing in anything

baby12x

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 4:13 am
Type in Montessori toys into Ali Express and they have some really good educational fine motor skill toys

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 7:09 am
I really wouldn't use magnatiles if you have children who are putting things into their mouths. There are really scary stories of a magnatile breaking and a child swallowing the magnet.

Librarian

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 7:51 am
I am a licensed day care provider for many many years and a working mother. Yes, it IS important to be super-sanitary as playgroup settings are very conducive to spreading germs and communicable diseases even under the best of circumstances. While the Morah may not mind children being absent, the working (and I include SAHMs under working) moms sure do! Also, it IS a big deal to do extra laundry every night. You have to give 100% plus to this job so don't look for more unnecessary work. My playgroup is renowned for cleanliness, structure and organization in addition to the love and education I provide. Trust me on this.

SuperWify

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 7:55 am
Practically speaking you’ll need chairs and tables or high chairs (depending on the age), cubbies for each child things, a changing table, and enough rooms for napping children.

gamanit

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 12:10 pm
Librarian wrote:
I am a licensed day care provider for many many years and a working mother. Yes, it IS important to be super-sanitary as playgroup settings are very conducive to spreading germs and communicable diseases even under the best of circumstances. While the Morah may not mind children being absent, the working (and I include SAHMs under working) moms sure do! Also, it IS a big deal to do extra laundry every night. You have to give 100% plus to this job so don't look for more unnecessary work. My playgroup is renowned for cleanliness, structure and organization in addition to the love and education I provide. Trust me on this.

Being a licensed day care provider may make you more familiar with the rules or regulations. Is there anything in the regulations against it? While it may make you uncomfortable, how exactly does playing dress up get kids sick more than coughing in each others faces and playing with toy foods together? (that actually is much more likely to get kids sick since kids tend to lick these toys) From my simple google search it seems like having a dress up corner is very common in daycares and preschools. If you don't want to do the extra laundry no one is forcing you to. If OP doesn't mind it though it is something most kids enjoy. Glad your playgroup has a good reputation. How old are the kids in your group? How much time do they have for free play and how much of their time is structured?

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 11:17 pm
Did you open ? Looking for a playgroup Smile
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics