Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Kids keep growing BH - how to shop?

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Mar 18 2019, 8:46 pm
For time and budget reasons, it works best for me to order my girls' clothing online, which means Gap, Old Navy, H&M, etc. Free shipping both ways is a huge plus.

My kids grow a full size from season to season BH. This means that I often need to buy their clothes generously sized, and they grow into it soon enough. If I buy their clothes like everyone else seems to, with that perfect adorable fit, it's unwearable for tznius or comfort reasons long before the season is over.

I've run the numbers and it's almost as expensive to get larger clothing altered (and let down later in the season) as it is to buy new clothes altogether, especially on the aforementioned sites on sale.

Since I don't buy expensive clothes in the first place, should I just accept that I need to buy them more often? What am I doing wrong? Any advice?

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Mar 18 2019, 8:48 pm
I have the same issue. I just buy roomier clothing and soon enough the clothes shrink, the kids grow and before I know it it all looks awkwardly too small Can't Believe It

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Mar 18 2019, 8:52 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
I have the same issue. I just buy roomier clothing and soon enough the clothes shrink, the kids grow and before I know it it all looks awkwardly too small Can't Believe It

By the time it fits well, the clothes have lost their brand-new shine.

Related problem: at which stage to pose them for formal family photos? New and shlumpy or worn and well-fittint? LOL
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics