Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
White tile floors

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Mar 18 2019, 11:41 pm
I need to pick tiles for a new home and looking for advice. I love the look of white tile with thin grey streaks, but it’s mostly white. Will probably do a glossy porcelain. How practical is such a color? It would be the floor for entrance, living room, dining room and kitchen. Anyone have this color and can tell me if it’s easy to clean? Or every speck of dirt shows up?

reality mom

Post Mon, Mar 18 2019, 11:50 pm
Easy to clean, which is a good thing, because youll be doing it more than youd like to.

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Mar 18 2019, 11:56 pm
I have white porcelain. Have to sweep it a couple of times a day and washing it is not easy either. You have to dry it very well after you wash it otherwise it has horrible streaks. It does look beautiful though!

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 12:02 am
I wouldn't do it personally because it seems high maintenance. I just put glossy grey/beige with white streaks (marble look) porcelain tile in my basement and it is so pretty and everyone complements it! It hardly shows dirt and is very low maintenance! Good luck!

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 7:37 am
I have white in a couple of rooms, and it makes a statement. It makes the rooms look larger and grander. The area gets a lot of traffic. I love the look. In the small room, they don't show dirt.

I also have mostly black tiles. They show dirt faster than white. I have white marble tiles. They are about equal with the white for showing dirt.

Get yourself one of those robo vacuums, and the problem is solved.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 7:46 am
What every you choose, GET DARK GROUT!

There is nothing worse than white grout, that is dark brown or gray in the middle of the room, and still white at the corners. No matter how you bleach and scrub (do you really want to do that every week?) it will still look grungy.

If you seal the grout, it won't make one bit of difference. It might look nice for an extra few months, and then you're stuck with ugly grout again.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 7:58 am
My master bathroom is solid white tile. It looks beautiful at first glance, but I find I can clean it just about daily to keep it that way (and I don't have full time cleaning help.) I would never have chosen this.

Maybe something of a more white-marble look would be better.

Blessed4

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 8:13 am
I have it in a few areas. Really beautiful but The streaks are horrible if you don’t wipe right away after washing. Doesn’t show as much dirt as dark though. Would also recommend dark grout. It gets dark anyway after a while and just saves so much aggravation.

kollel wife

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 9:28 am
I have white tiles in my laundry room only - a small room and absolutely hate it!!! It never, ever looks clean!!!

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 10:32 am
My sister has it and she says she’s a slave to her kitchen floor! Constantly busy sweeping, and she has to mop at least once a day. It does look beautiful, but really not practical.

clowny

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 10:51 am
amother wrote:
I need to pick tiles for a new home and looking for advice. I love the look of white tile with thin grey streaks, but it’s mostly white. Will probably do a glossy porcelain. How practical is such a color? It would be the floor for entrance, living room, dining room and kitchen. Anyone have this color and can tell me if it’s easy to clean? Or every speck of dirt shows up?

Op, I have white and gray marble look, glossy porcelain floors. I have it in my entry hallway and dining room. I absolutely love it. It washes very easily. In the summertime when kids are running in and out of the house all day it’s gets dirty faster and easier but is extremely easy to wash. In the wintertime it’s usually clean all the time. But, the kind of household you have and the type of kids you have, play a very big factor.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics