Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Such silly problems with my cleaning help
Previous  1  2

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 8:42 pm
shoshiesavannah wrote:
Also not a micromanager. I oversee a staff of 35 at work and 1.5 at home. I’m talking about basic standards of professionalism and productivity here.

I'm using Micromanaging as a synonym for " “be on top of” a person".

Cheiny

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 10:01 pm
dankbar wrote:
I don't tell her a word what to do because she likes to do her own thing & gets upset if I tell her. Today without asking me she decided she wants to wash the walls of the hallway for pesach. I usually let her do whatever she wants. This time I tried telling her that it's a waste to do it today because I remember from other years that the hallway walls get fingerprinted from the face paint that's done by hallway mirror. She stopped in midst & ran home.
Now I got a text from her daughter that her mom suffers depression & I made her mom very depressed today.

Then she needs medication. If she works for you, you have every right to express your preferences are what you want her to do and not do!

dankbar

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 10:10 pm
I totally don't micromanage her because I know she's sensitive so I just don't look what she does...or I even leave the house then she does her thing....if I tell her one word what she should do or how to she's already blowing & running home. So I totally let her be. Today I just advised her that I don't think it's a good idea to do hallway walls today because after Purim it will need to be redone.

Laiya

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 10:11 pm
Dankbar, you're doing nothing wrong. It sounds like this cleaning lady is not working out for you. Maybe you'll have better luck with an agency?

dankbar

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 10:16 pm
The funny part is that today she is blaming me because I didn't tell her what to do. She didn't tell me she's going to do walls. She didn't ask me. I didn't tell her to. When she started out I tried telling her it's not a good idea, but she was busy yacking on phone & didn't even hear me. Once she was halfway through, she got upset when I told her & dropped everything like a hot potato.

kenz

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 11:19 pm
dankbar wrote:
The funny part is that today she is blaming me because I didn't tell her what to do. She didn't tell me she's going to do walls. She didn't ask me. I didn't tell her to. When she started out I tried telling her it's not a good idea, but she was busy yacking on phone & didn't even hear me. Once she was halfway through, she got upset when I told her & dropped everything like a hot potato.

I really don’t think your behavior is the problem. It sounds like she is unwell and possibly looking for a way out. Perhaps you should try to replace her immediately, before it gets even closer to Pesach.

dankbar

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 11:27 pm
Yes she's extremely moody & trying to get away from doing the heavy work or pesach cleaning. Keeps having appts to her psychologist & to Pt for pain & has a lot of stress which is not related to job just from home but blames me for her stress. Her family wants her to stop working & to go on to disability. Whatever. It's just she's with me for a while & knows my house etc....
It's hard to find a new one & till they get trained into your home.
So ye after pesach....she can go on disability & rest up in her bed

ShishKabob

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 1:56 pm
Dankbar, I can't get used to your thingy.
I don't think you're being unreasonable. I don't think you should wait for her to leave you high and dry before Pesach. I think you should actively start looking for someone else.
Bhatzlocha! Ah Freilichen Purim!

toysrus

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 2:01 pm
amother wrote:
But it does sound like you’re very on top of her while she cleans which can be annoying.

Gosh she's the one paying her she's entitled to ask for things she actually wants cleaned to get done, and if the cleaner takes it as annoying she probably isnt fit to be working under someone, it did not sound like OP was disrespectful or demanding in the slightest

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 5:18 pm
dankbar wrote:
Yes she's extremely moody & trying to get away from doing the heavy work or pesach cleaning. Keeps having appts to her psychologist & to Pt for pain & has a lot of stress which is not related to job just from home but blames me for her stress. Her family wants her to stop working & to go on to disability. Whatever. It's just she's with me for a while & knows my house etc....
It's hard to find a new one & till they get trained into your home.
So ye after pesach....she can go on disability & rest up in her bed

She sounds like she needs a mental disability. She is far from normal. My friends and I had one like her who could clean like a dream, but she was bossy and nasty. We got rid of her one by one and all felt a big sense of relief. I laugh when friends tell me they are being bullied by their cleaning lady. Because it often turns out to be her. She is still cleaning in the Monsey area and torturing Jews.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 7:05 pm
Keep looking for someone. As soon as you have a replacement, let her go.

imasinger

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 9:57 pm
I agree with ra_mom.

If you spend more time and energy tiptoeing around her sensitivity than you wish, then it's wise to replace her ASAP.

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Mar 21 2019, 1:22 am
I don't know about the long term, but in the short term, you should give her a written list of what you want to have done whenever she comes. Right now, you're telling her to do whatever she likes, and then when she does what she likes, you say, no not that.

dankbar

Post Thu, Mar 21 2019, 1:40 am
I told her that next time I will give her a written list.

Learning

Post Thu, Mar 21 2019, 5:48 pm
I would be scared to have such an unstable person and on medication in my house.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics