Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
When do you start putting your girls in dresses?
1  2  Next

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 8:13 pm
In the summer. 2? Not sure what to do...looking for Pesach clothes but my daughter is that funny age where she looks funny in a lot of rompers (17 months). I'd love to find nice shabbos tops for leggings but no luck yet Sad Can she start wearing dresses? I feel like she'll look silly in them too....

yidisheh mama

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 8:23 pm
I didn't put my daughter in dresses until the winter in which she was turning 3.
For the summer I for sure wouldn't! My daughter wore short shorts/leggings/bloomers at that age with cute short sleeved/sleeveless tops.
Dresses are just going to ride up when they sit, play, etc. and look silly.

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 8:23 pm
I love rompers on toddlers until around 2/2.5. Or a dressy top with bloomers.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 8:24 pm
I think a dress for shabbos looks fine and sweet as long as the child has a decent amount of hair (of course a cute headband is a must) and they're walking. It should fit well, not be too long.

newlywed613

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 8:25 pm
Yeh I wudnt do dresses till like around 4ish.. im probobly doing bloomer style on my baby (20 mnths)

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 8:27 pm
Dresses are cute if you hem them short and pair with leggings or bike shorts or bloomers

Chew21

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 8:28 pm
Please post if you find any cute links! My daughter will be 3 this summer and I wld love to find a cute mini dress for shabbos

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 8:30 pm
DD wore a dress at her baby naming, and I never looked back (for shul outings)

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 8:31 pm
I got some from next for about $25 for my toddler.
No patience to get the links now.
One was blue with white embroidery. The other was light pink with floral embroidery. Very sweet looking on my little girl.

bsy

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 9:12 pm
My daughter loves dresses and basically refuses pants or leggings.... since before she's 2.

pesek zman

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 9:36 pm
I stated dresses as soon as she was cruising/walking (14 months or so) I dont care for the rompers look, especially in shul.

Zehava

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 9:39 pm
Love leggings and tunics for that age. I used to get these adorable sets from Macy’s some were great for shabbos.

Fabulous

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 9:46 pm
Zehava wrote:
Love leggings and tunics for that age. I used to get these adorable sets from Macy’s some were great for shabbos.

I also like leggings and tops for that age. I feel like they look funny when they have diapers and dresses because dresses look cuter shorter and then you see the diaper. You can put a diaper cover, but still looks slightly odd Imo. I found cute tops on sale in the jewish stores from previous years and just matched cute coloring leggings. Pm me if you want pic ideas.

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 9:55 pm
Depends on the kid. One DD had no hair and is built small, short, skinny. She was in pants as long as the school didn't demand dresses. Another DD had long hair, is built solid - not fat, just big for her age - tall, wide, chubby legs. She looked ridiculous and outgrown in leggings, and she was toilet-trained, so by age 2 I did above the knee dress with frilly socks, nice matching headband, and she looked (as my 5 y.o. would say) "Presh!"

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 9:55 pm
Fabulous wrote:
I also like leggings and tops for that age. I feel like they look funny when they have diapers and dresses because dresses look cuter shorter and then you see the diaper. You can put a diaper cover, but still looks slightly odd Imo. I found cute tops on sale in the jewish stores from previous years and just matched cute coloring leggings. Pm me if you want pic ideas.

The tunic tops and dresses I’ve seen this season seem pretty similar. They sell leggings to match up to both

Fabulous

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 10:16 pm
amother wrote:
The tunic tops and dresses I’ve seen this season seem pretty similar. They sell leggings to match up to both

Could be. I had a daughter that age one-two years ago.

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 10:22 pm
Thanks everyone! So those of you that think I should keep her in rompers, do I do the same romper look as last summer when she wasn't walking and still very much a baby or is there a more mature version that I should look out for?

Thanks Fabulous! I'll pm you Smile

dankbar

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 10:30 pm
At two they can wear both. Some short dresses some short sets some leggings. You can have a variety in wardrobe. My dgtr was 2 1/2 last summer & had all types of clothes. In summer I think dresses for shabbos are cuter. In winter you want them more cozy & warm with leggings.

srbmom

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 10:37 pm
Something like this could be cute alone or with leggings
https://m2.hm.com/m/en_us/prod......html

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 10:49 pm
My kids are in dresses from about 3 1/2-4, depends on their birthdays. If they turn 3 from September till april its pants till the summer. If they turn 3 in the summer, it's dresses.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics