Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Would you allow dr to see your w2?

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 1:26 am
Dc is on a very expensive medication. We've been having issues with insurance approval and reimbursement. The medication manufacturer has an assistance program where income eligible families can get med for free.

In order to do that dr has to submit an application which includes a copy of w2.
Due to dc condition we are currently very low income. I am extremely uncomfortable for dr to see this info, but being that she will handle it is very possible she will.

A generic formulation of this med became available last month, so we are still looking into seeing if this will be an option, but for now we are sticking to brand.

Wwyd?

amother
White

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 2:12 am
Doctors want their patients to get well. They are also used to keeping things confidential. Go ahead and do what you have to do. May you be blessed with health and wealth.

amother
White

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 2:12 am
Deleted double post.

pesek zman

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 5:00 am
Absolutely. I’ve appllied for these programs (both for myself and for my patients at the hospital that I work at. I’m not a doctor) and they’re great!

(How is showing your doctor your w2 form different than showing it to schools for financial aid?)

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 6:22 am
Your dr could care less what you make. Getting medication to your child is the thing your dr is interested in. Plus, your doc probably won't be filling out the form. His staff is, and no one cares.

anon for this

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 6:32 am
I agree with other posters that there is no issue, and that the application is probably handled by a staff member anyway. But the assistance programs that I am familiar with allow the patient/ parent to obtain the prescription and letter from the physician and submit the application themselves. If you are still uncomfortable with the doctor seeing your W2 perhaps you can do that?

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 8:49 am
amother wrote:
Dc is on a very expensive medication. We've been having issues with insurance approval and reimbursement. The medication manufacturer has an assistance program where income eligible families can get med for free.

In order to do that dr has to submit an application which includes a copy of w2.
Due to dc condition we are currently very low income. I am extremely uncomfortable for dr to see this info, but being that she will handle it is very possible she will.

A generic formulation of this med became available last month, so we are still looking into seeing if this will be an option, but for now we are sticking to brand.

Wwyd?

I have applied for a medical assistance program in the past. Does the Dr. have to submit, or just fill out a part of the application? The application I filled out was in multiple sections. I had first asked the doctor to fill out the sections that she needed to fill out, and I then proceeded to fill out the rest and faxed it over to the program headquarters myself.

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 4:27 pm
amother wrote:
I have applied for a medical assistance program in the past. Does the Dr. have to submit, or just fill out a part of the application? The application I filled out was in multiple sections. I had first asked the doctor to fill out the sections that she needed to fill out, and I then proceeded to fill out the rest and faxed it over to the program headquarters myself.

Dr. Has to submit. Otherwise I wouldn't have this issue.
To poster above, school is different.
Anyway I had discussed it with dr in past and I had given her application only missing financial info. She's very hands on & I mostly deal directly with dr.
I ended up printing it out again, folding up the financial info part & gave it to NP. Hopefully she'll be sensitive enough to not stare at it...

ra_mom

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 5:26 pm
Good luck! I'd do the same in such a situation.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics