Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Hearing megillah postpartum

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 9:25 pm
Do you know the halacha? Just gave birth ladt week and dont feel up to going out to heqr megillah tonight both physically and emotionally.

teachkids

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 9:27 pm
Is there anyone in your community who can come to read for you at home?

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 9:41 pm
Honestly, im an emotional wreck, so hormonal and exhausted and dont want anyone to see me or come over right now.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 9:44 pm
amother wrote:
Honestly, im an emotional wreck, so hormonal and exhausted and dont want anyone to see me or come over right now.

Can you reach out to a rav? One you can send a text to? You're an honest choleh and needs to be taken into account.
Hug

imasinger

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 9:48 pm
Mazel tov! AYLOR. Nobody here can authentically posken for you, but your rav is the right one to let you know if you can be off the hook.

Rachel Shira

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 9:53 pm
If you need to hear it, could someone come and stand outside your bedroom door so they don’t see you and you can just listen?
Mazal tov!

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 9:57 pm
Rachel Shira wrote:
If you need to hear it, could someone come and stand outside your bedroom door so they don’t see you and you can just listen?
Mazal tov!

I've had guys come blow shofar for me and a minyan in my house for Barchu. Each time I stayed in my bedroom with the door open and didn't have to be seen or dressed. If someone is available to read for you, then you could have such a set up. I also think there may be a possibility of hearing someone Lein over the phone but you have to ask your Rav.
Mazal Tov. Lots of nachas

Iymnok

Post Thu, Mar 21 2019, 2:59 am
I had a baby taanis Esther (he’s 7!) Dh babysat for a friend so that he could read for me. I stayed on the couch and gave his wife an apple and an orange for MM. Can you do something like that?
Maybe someone has a screen or portable mechitza you could borrow.

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Mar 21 2019, 3:19 am
Have high fever. Couldn’t even make it to my neighbors house to heat Megillah. My husband read it for me and even that was hard for me to get out of bed...good luck! Hope you feel better soon!

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Mar 21 2019, 8:32 am
Please find out the Halacha.
I heard that within a certain amount of time from giving birth a woman does not need to hear megila.
I’m not sure if it’s 24 hours, 3 days, 10 days, 30 days.....
Depending on the answer, you might be exempt.
Mazel Tov! Next year will be much easier on Purim...

flowerpower

Post Thu, Mar 21 2019, 8:51 am
I thought I’ll get away with it if the baby is under a week. But dh asked his rav and he said I have to hear megilla. Last night dh read it to me. Soon I’m going to treck over to a nice neighbors house to listen.

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Mar 21 2019, 9:19 am
I had a similar shayla , pregnant and on bed rest , no way I can make it to a shul with parking and crowds but I was told I am not patur and dh should read from me (even though he doesn't know the leining so well that I should correct him as needed and he should borrow a mehillah)

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Mar 21 2019, 9:49 am
flowerpower wrote:
I thought I’ll get away with it if the baby is under a week. But dh asked his rav and he said I have to hear megilla. Last night dh read it to me. Soon I’m going to treck over to a nice neighbors house to listen.

I must have missed this. Mazel tov!

ra_mom

Post Thu, Mar 21 2019, 4:16 pm
Mazel Tov flowerpower! Very Happy

Ruchel

Post Thu, Mar 21 2019, 4:17 pm
My husband
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics