Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Anyone have an electric cooktop or oven? Help ASAP pls.

amother
Black

Post Thu, Mar 21 2019, 10:15 pm
I would like to purchase an under the counter/electric wall oven, and an electric (non-induction ) cooktop. Please advise if you have one or both that you are happy with, and what the approximate cost is. Thanks a ton!

etky

Post Thu, Mar 21 2019, 11:45 pm
I have both.
The oven because that's what nearly eveyone cooks with here in Israel. I've never cooked with anything else so can't compare. Overall I think it's fine. Get a good make and one that has various modes of cooking. I find that convection (fan), regular top/bottom heat, grill, defrost and the self-clean cycle are the most helpful to me.
As for the cooktop - I have a smooth ceramic glass cooktop. It has it's advantages - mostly ease of cleaning and no exposed flame that can inadvertently go out -but overall I was happier with gas. I find that although it's a breeze to clean, it does need cleaning more frequently as spills really show up on the cooktop, look ugly and impede proper cooking if not promptly cleaned up. I have no complaints about the actual cooking though and like the fact that I can simmer at really low temperatures w/o worrying that the flame will go out.

amother
Black

Post Fri, Mar 22 2019, 7:41 am
Thanks so much Etky! Im wondering if I should pay extra for the convection feature, as I need it just for pesach.
Anyone in the U.S can tell me what brands they have?

amother
Black

Post Sat, Mar 23 2019, 5:43 pm
Bump

etky

Post Sat, Mar 23 2019, 10:06 pm
If we're talking about a European sized (60 cm.) electric wall oven I would definitely spring for the convection feature. It allows you to cook 2 things simultaneously and often gets things done quicker than conventional heat. I find that most of my Pesach cooking takes place in the oven so the convection cycle for me is indispensible. I use convection for nearly everything other than cakes (though when pressed for time I will lower the temperature and use it for that too). In fact I just got a new oven because my convection element broke on my (very) old oven and I couldn't imagine not having the option for convection.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries