Home

Mueller Report Is In, he recommends no more indictments
Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> In the News -> Politics

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Fox




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Mar 25 2019, 5:49 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Why has Trump never admitted that there was Russian interference? Why has he never walked back on his bizarre comment that he "trusts" Putin's denials, not his intelligence community? Why has he not only not sanctioned Russia for its actions, but attempted to lift sanctions on companies tied to Oleg Deripaska?

Ah, the goalposts shift -- or Schiff-t, as it were.

For the past two years, much of the MSM and their Imamother defenders have assured us that the Mueller investigation would conclusively demonstrate beyond anyone's doubt that Trump had conspired to steal the election.

Months ago, it began to look increasingly likely that process crimes and various offenses unrelated to both Trump and Russia would be the net result of the investigation. Yet Rep. Adam Schiff, et. al., claimed special knowledge of irrefutable evidence against Trump. John Brennan and James Clapper made the rounds of the MSM news shows, always intimating but never quite claiming that their intelligence background gave them special knowledge of Trump's impending downfall.

Were all these people lying or just incompetent? And regardless of which one is true, Trump would seem to have ample reason to be leery of the intelligence community -- if these are the shining examples of it.

As for releasing the full report, Rep. Jim Jordan said it best, "Release it all." That is not something Democrats are enthused about, though, since "release it all" would mean releasing all of the information gathered regarding the soft coup orchestrated within the FBI. The higher the level of the Democrat, the more muted the "release" demands. They know that a full release would certainly not help them and could potentially unleash information harmful to their party.

As for taking Russian interference seriously, this is hardly a new or unique issue. Countries regularly meddle in one another's elections, including the U.S., which famously attempted to prevent Netanyahu from returning to the PM post in Israel.

Now we learn that Ukraine, too, may have attempted to tilt the election -- toward Clinton. I suppose we could investigate whether Russians are more adept at election meddling than Ukrainians.

The biggest losers, though, are the news outlets that breathlessly covered this story and stoked the expectations of Trump opponents.

Far better than any of us here could document, Matt Taibbi lays out the case that the media may not be able to regain their credibility or audience. It should be noted that Taibbi is by no means a Trump apologist or supporter. In fact, his book about the 2016 campaign is called Insane Clown President.

Matt Taibbi

All those blue-checked journalists duped a lot of people, and instead of facing any consequences, they will say, "let's just move on from here" and work at spinning their next saga.
Back to top

Fox




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Mar 25 2019, 5:56 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Except, of course, that's a completely made up fantasy of Republicans. Clinton played little to no part in this approval process because as secretary of state, she headed an agency that was just one of many involved in the approval process — and even then, it was likely a lower-level staffer who handled the approval.

Like Brennan and Clapper, this is another case where denying the charge may be worse than not.

Either Clinton tacitly promoted the sale of the uranium to companies with possible links to Clinton Foundation donors . . . or she was so incompetent at her job that she allowed a deal connected to U.S. security to sail through with little to no input from her.

So if your argument is, "She wasn't a crook; she was just incompetent," well, okay, then.
Back to top

SixOfWands




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Mar 25 2019, 5:58 pm
Fox wrote:
Ah, the goalposts shift -- or Schiff-t, as it were.

For the past two years, much of the MSM and their Imamother defenders have assured us that the Mueller investigation would conclusively demonstrate beyond anyone's doubt that Trump had conspired to steal the election.


Nope. Never said it. Ever. Nor have I ever heard anyone else here -- or elsewhere -- say it. its just another one of those Republican fantasies.

Fox wrote:


As for releasing the full report, Rep. Jim Jordan said it best, "Release it all." That is not something Democrats are enthused about, though, since "release it all" would mean releasing all of the information gathered regarding the soft coup orchestrated within the FBI. The higher the level of the Democrat, the more muted the "release" demands. They know that a full release would certainly not help them and could potentially unleash information harmful to their party.


You mean all of the Democrats who have been demanding a release of the full report. The ones who voted for it. For gosh sake, even Fox News says that they want it. https://www.foxnews.com/politi.....ole-report

ETA -- McConnell just blocked Schumer's resolution to release the report. https://thehill.com/homenews/s.....gPnvvIod94 Lindsay Graham did the same thing earlier. I guess they didn't get your memo about all the Republicans wanting it released, and the Democrats opposing it.

But I guess you have that super-secret knowledge that when Democrats demand release of the report, they really mean not to release it. Sort of like your super-secret knowledge that when Trump praises Putin or Kim Jung Un, he doesn't mean it.

Fox wrote:


As for taking Russian interference seriously, this is hardly a new or unique issue. Countries regularly meddle in one another's elections, including the U.S., which famously attempted to prevent Netanyahu from returning to the PM post in Israel.


As I said elsewhere, so if the Arab countries interfered to elect a pro-BDS president, you'd be OK with that.

Its just plain shocking to me that conservatives don't give a darn about the fact that Russia interfered. Because ... they won.
Back to top

Fox




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Mar 25 2019, 7:04 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Nope. Never said it. Ever. Nor have ever heard anyone else here -- or elsewhere -- say it. its just another one of those Republican fantasies.

Did you actually read the Taibbi article I linked? If you haven't heard of anyone claiming the existence of incontrovertible evidence that Trump's colluded with Russia . . . then you literally haven't consumed a drop of news regarding this topic in the past two years.

As for Imamother, a quick perusal shows acceptance on the part of a number of individuals for the Russian collusion story, either explicitly or in terms of whether Trump will be forced to resign or be impeached:

Imamother

Imamother

The second thread, btw, has you asking repeatedly for examples of lies told by the NYT in matters related to Trump. Again, I'd refer you to the Taibbi article, where he breaks down the reporting malfeasance of the NYT and others.

SixOfWands wrote:
As I said elsewhere, so if the Arab countries interfered to elect a pro-BDS president, you'd be OK with that.

Its just plain shocking to me that conservatives don't give a darn about the fact that Russia interfered. Because ... they won.

What does it mean to "be OK" with something? Do you think I approve of it? Don't be ridiculous. Do I see is as an existential threat to the Republic? Not at the present time. I'm far more concerned about China's spying than I am about the efforts of Russia and Ukraine to meddle in elections. That doesn't mean I condone it; I just see it as a fact of life that occurred prior to 2016 and will occur again in the future. We should obviously take whatever steps we can to prevent it, but it doesn't alarm me in the same way China does.

I have no doubt that if Clinton had won, we wouldn't have heard a word about Russian interference. Nor about corruption in the FBI, nor the Awan brothers, etc.
Back to top

gold21




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Mar 25 2019, 7:20 pm
Liberals, we get it. You hate Trump and you're certain of it. There is nothing he can do, nothing he can say, and no new information on him, that will change your mind. I don't understand the rigidity and inflexibility. Sigh.

Yes, the Mueller report is positive news for Trump. Yes, it is. Yes, it was a huge waste of taxpayer money. If you can't see that, then that's intentional on your part.
Back to top

sky




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Mar 25 2019, 7:47 pm
Isn’t it a good thing that trump was voted in fairly? It would have been such a mess had mueller found anything.
Back to top

Cheiny




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Mar 25 2019, 7:53 pm
Fox wrote:
So there's still hope of finding a pony in there somewhere, eh?


That’s exactly what dems are now doing. After carrying on for so long with the lie that Trump would fire Mueller, and that Mueller MUST be allowed to finish his investigation because he’s such an upstanding person, now that his results haven’t produced the noose dems were hoping they’d get to hang Trump with, suddenly his results aren’t good enough! They’re promising more extensive investigations! So why did they allow so much time and taxpayer dollars to be wasted by Mueller if they weren’t prepared to accept the results (if they didn’t find crimes committed by Trump) anyway?
How can anyone not see through their dishonesty, conniving, and lack of any sense of integrity? Never mind that they aren’t working on any policy changes for the betterment of this country, only investigations into Trump in order to try to impeach. Is this what you voted them in to do?

https://www.foxnews.com/politi.....-hume-says

https://www.foxnews.com/politi.....ever-asked
Back to top

PinkFridge




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Mar 25 2019, 8:02 pm
imasoftov wrote:
Far from it. I believe in perfect faith that the report is full of nothing but the highest praise and I want it publicized so that everyone can see that.


And even though it seemed far away, and even though it did delay, you stood erect and you said every day that you waited for the report every day.
I am inspired!
Wink
Back to top

imasoftov




 
 
 


Post  Tue, Mar 26 2019, 6:19 am
PinkFridge wrote:
And even though it seemed far away, and even though it did delay, you stood erect and you said every day that you waited for the report every day.

Erect?
Back to top

imasoftov




 
 
 


Post  Tue, Mar 26 2019, 6:20 am
gold21 wrote:
Yes, the Mueller report is positive news for Trump. Yes, it is. Yes, it was a huge waste of taxpayer money. If you can't see that, then that's intentional on your part.

How do you know that if you, like the rest of us, haven't been allowed to see it?
Back to top

gold21




 
 
 


Post  Tue, Mar 26 2019, 6:26 am
imasoftov wrote:
How do you know that if you, like the rest of us, haven't been allowed to see it?


Because the report showed no collusion with Russia. That much we do know. How do you know Trump slept with Stormy Daniels, if you weren't there to see it happen?
Back to top

imasoftov




 
 
 


Post  Tue, Mar 26 2019, 7:24 am
gold21 wrote:
Because the report showed no collusion with Russia. That much we do know.

How do we know even that?
Back to top

2cents




 
 
 


Post  Tue, Mar 26 2019, 7:43 am
imasoftov wrote:
How do we know even that?


Are you suggesting that Barr is lying? And Mueller is quietly letting it go? And Barr is just hoping that everything will just go away and the truth will never come out?

That seems very far fetched.
Back to top

gold21




 
 
 


Post  Tue, Mar 26 2019, 7:45 am
imasoftov wrote:
How do we know even that?


Because that's what the report stated. Or do you disbelieve anything you haven't seen & read yourself? In which case, I'll assume you never believed the Russia-Trump conspiracy to begin with. It was all hearsay anyway, and you wouldn't fall for that. Smile
Back to top

2cents




 
 
 


Post  Tue, Mar 26 2019, 7:47 am
imasoftov wrote:
How do you know that if you, like the rest of us, haven't been allowed to see it?


"Havent been allowed"

By law, the letter is confidential and has to be redacted before being released.

At the end of his letter, Barr quoted the relevant law and says that he has asked Mueller himself to redact the report as neccessary so that Barr can release it.

It doesnt get much more transparent (while still protecting classified/private info about all many many ppl interviewed and subpoenaed) than that.
Back to top

Squishy




 
 
 


Post  Tue, Mar 26 2019, 8:06 am
Right now the liberals sound pathetic. I say this dispassionately. I have been watching this thread hoping they had valid points to make as I like to see both sides.

It's like if a jury declared a guy not guilty, they are going on with what about his friends, etc.? We didn't hear the deliberations. The judge didn't show us the slip of paper that said not guilty. They are trying to say he must be guilty because the jury didn't say he was innocent.

It's over. Trump is vindicated. Averatti faces 100 years in jail, and the Pentagon releases a billion dollars to build the wall.

It's time the Democrats move on. It's ridiculous to be sore losers because your president didn't collude with Russia.
Back to top

allthingsblue




 
 
 


Post  Tue, Mar 26 2019, 8:11 am
SixOfWands wrote:
As I said elsewhere, so if the Arab countries interfered to elect a pro-BDS president, you'd be OK with that.

Its just plain shocking to me that conservatives don't give a darn about the fact that Russia interfered. Because ... they won.


Are you equally concerned with the dossier?
Back to top

imasoftov




 
 
 


Post  Tue, Mar 26 2019, 11:09 am
2cents wrote:
Are you suggesting that Barr is lying? And Mueller is quietly letting it go? And Barr is just hoping that everything will just go away and the truth will never come out?

That seems very far fetched.

I have no idea one way or the other. Guess what he can do to convince me he's telling the truth.
Back to top

imasoftov




 
 
 


Post  Tue, Mar 26 2019, 11:18 am
gold21 wrote:
Because that's what the report stated.

Which report? Mueller's or Barr's?


Last edited by imasoftov on Tue, Mar 26 2019, 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top

imasoftov




 
 
 


Post  Tue, Mar 26 2019, 11:23 am
2cents wrote:
"Havent been allowed"

By law, the letter is confidential and has to be redacted before being released.

At the end of his letter, Barr quoted the relevant law and says that he has asked Mueller himself to redact the report as neccessary so that Barr can release it.

It doesnt get much more transparent (while still protecting classified/private info about all many many ppl interviewed and subpoenaed) than that.

It may be transparent after classified information has been removed. Currently that is not the case.
Back to top
Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 2 of 3 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> In the News -> Politics

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Comment on report card
by amother
35 Tue, Mar 19 2019, 2:14 pm View last post
Book suggestion needed for book report
by amother
0 Sun, Feb 17 2019, 11:49 pm View last post
Mueller tactics questioned; double standards
by Cheiny
6 Sat, Dec 15 2018, 8:55 pm View last post
Report cards!
by amother
4 Tue, Nov 27 2018, 6:15 pm View last post
Update: Credit report and dental bill - wwyd?
by amother
14 Tue, Nov 27 2018, 2:17 pm View last post

Jump to: