Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Moadim lisimcha order- why can't I?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

ectomorph

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 9:25 am
amother wrote:
Any organizations that give fully free? im going nuts. My son had a Major health problem A ew months ago and Im so broke. I spent on him BH 2800 monthly. Im in Williamsburg -Brooklyn.
tomchei shabbos. Also speak to your Rav- he probably knows the local places that give

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 9:59 am
Chayalle wrote:
I don't order the meat. It's basically fat. Last time I ordered I thru it in the garbage, and that was a loss of $$$ for me.

And it's a looong time since the chicken was alive....

The matza, wine, and papergoods are worthwhile.....

My kids complain that the meat is fatty, but otherwise we wouldn't have any meat for Yom Tov. I'll take their meat and chicken over no meat and chicken.

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 10:07 am
amother wrote:
Any organizations that give fully free? im going nuts. My son had a Major health problem A ew months ago and Im so broke. I spent on him BH 2800 monthly. Im in Williamsburg -Brooklyn.

Please call tomchei shabbos in Williamsburg. They send almost everything you need. No one will know you called. When they deliver it just looks like you got a regular grocery delivery.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 10:44 am
amother wrote:
Please call tomchei shabbos in Williamsburg. They send almost everything you need. No one will know you called. When they deliver it just looks like you got a regular grocery delivery.

OP here. Um I live oot.

To the amother who said that I should,t judge who needs- that's exactly the point!!! In my town, they gave the info to rebbeim and don't let anyone else order. Urghh. Why do they know who needs? The administrators who live in mansions can order but people who really need can't? Can someone please give me the phone number?

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 11:08 am
try contacting Masbia of flatbush 718-534-7410

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 11:13 am
try tomchesshabbosbp.org

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 11:13 am
One of the reasons they specify chinuch is local stores felt like they weee losing a huge chunk of their income. So to even it out they tried to limit the initial offering

Btw stores in Lakewood have really major sales that are better priced and you can take your pick. Just have to shop sales.

nosher1

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 11:15 am
This is the number in Lakewood to call after distribution if you have any questions or problems with your order. Maybe they can give you the number to your local branch. And Lakewood deadline is tonight so you might not be too late. 732-905-7136 ext 2. Hatzlacha.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 11:16 am
The last few posts were about Lakewood, Boro Park or Flatbush. When I say I live out of town, I mean really out of town. I just want a phone number for the national program that I can call and ask questions to. I can't get to Lakewood or New York that would take me all day!

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 11:16 am
nosher1 wrote:
This is the number in Lakewood to call after distribution if you have any questions or problems with your order. Maybe they can give you the number to your local branch. And Lakewood deadline is tonight so you might not be too late. 732-905-7136 ext 2. Hatzlacha.

Thank you!

amother
Green

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 11:38 am
Try moadimlsimcha.org
The website doesn't list any criteria for participating.
Hatzlocha and chag kasher v'sameach

ectomorph

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 11:44 am
Op please tell your rav that you are struggling. My rav gives private maos chitim. Is totally anonymous. Sometimes he'll call a major donor in the community and say, a family you know can't afford to buy matza - please help. He doesn't say which because there's no need to know. And they usually donate because they know it is going to a good place.

doodlesmom

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 2:02 pm
Masbia in boro park keeps having food distributions weekly and will definitely have distributions before pesach. His might not work for the op but for the rest of you out there contact them it's worth it.

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 2:17 pm
Moadim lesimcha is not tzedaka by any standard. It is not at all subsidized it is just the power of buying in mass quanities. The prices are pretty much standard sale prices if u are located in Brooklyn however, it is every single item on sale at once. If you want to join ask a shul/school but like others said I’m sure it’s too late for pesach but think ahead for succos.

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 2:34 pm
In some cities it is subsidized or there are donations. For example some years in our city they gave a free roast with every order.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 2:55 pm
metcouncil.org

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 3:38 pm
B”H I don’t need but I understand OP.
For us that live OOT, we don’t have MOISHAS, KRM, etc. These prices are VERY VERY VERY good.
For example corn beef by us ((FL) $12.99/lb
Chicken Legs $3.29, Heart of Palm $2.89
Compared to $6.30, 1.99, 0.83

Frozen cauliflower and spinach - by us $8, compared to $3.83

Op you are right it should be open to anyone that needs it
I don’t consider it Tzeduka. It’s bulk shopping.
The tzeduka is in being able to order 1 case instead of 10 cases.

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 5:18 pm
I'm in Detroit and here iim pretty sure you can order if not in chinuch they give them out in the schools but then everyone passes them along to family members and splits cases with neighbours. Just keep in mind not everything is that good nor that cheap.

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 5:21 pm
amother wrote:
B”H I don’t need but I understand OP.
For us that live OOT, we don’t have MOISHAS, KRM, etc. These prices are VERY VERY VERY good.
For example corn beef by us ((FL) $12.99/lb
Chicken Legs $3.29, Heart of Palm $2.89
Compared to $6.30, 1.99, 0.83

Frozen cauliflower and spinach - by us $8, compared to $3.83

Op you are right it should be open to anyone that needs it
I don’t consider it Tzeduka. It’s bulk shopping.
The tzeduka is in being able to order 1 case instead of 10 cases.

Yes but then I got the case of hearts of palm and it had an aweful metal taste to it. And I had a whole case! Tuna is over a dollar a can and it's 65 cents in Walmart. Just saying don't assume everything is cheaper.

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 5:25 pm
amother wrote:
Yes but then I got the case of hearts of palm and it had an aweful metal taste to it. And I had a whole case! Tuna is over a dollar a can and it's 65 cents in Walmart. Just saying don't assume everything is cheaper.

I wouldn’t eat tuna from Walmart on pesach... that’s actually a good price for Dagim tuna.

People should buy what they normally need. Matzoh, wine, chocolate... whatever it is that you know your family will use.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics