Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Moadim lisimcha order- why can't I?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 10:16 pm
amother wrote:
I wouldn’t eat tuna from Walmart on pesach... that’s actually a good price for Dagim tuna.

People should buy what they normally need. Matzoh, wine, chocolate... whatever it is that you know your family will use.

Kfp tuna here is $3. That's a good price.

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 9:15 am
amother wrote:
I wouldn’t eat tuna from Walmart on pesach... that’s actually a good price for Dagim tuna.

People should buy what they normally need. Matzoh, wine, chocolate... whatever it is that you know your family will use.

Oh, and I would eat tuna from Walmart.
I'll explain.
We are makpid on hechsheirim for tuna year round. I've heard that OU-P tuna addresses the year round concern so we would feel comfortable eating it. Thanks for the heads up as I plan to go to Walmart this week, be"H.

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 1:56 pm
We are not in chinuch, last year our Rav who was aware we were in a difficult financial situation, gave the form to DH and said I'm not sure if you need it, but I wanted to let you know. No where on the form did it require being in chinuch. I think its just the assumption, unfortunately.

I went through the list really thoroughly. I guess if you are hosting or have a really big family its worth it. But the amounts of food were really big. For me, it just made more financial sense to buy one roast in the store and then be creative in stretching it to more than one meal so that we'd have something festive for the chag but not overspend. I didn't have anyone to share with, so the prices and quantities just weren't worth it. Pesach is only one week, even though there are a lot of meals. We do live in a large Jewish community, and by watching the sale items, we had a very nice yomtov.

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 2:13 pm
amother wrote:
Kfp tuna here is $3. That's a good price.

Yes for pesach it's good but most ppl use this to stock up for year round.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics