Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Please share your best recipes
Previous  1  2

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 1:16 pm
aricelli wrote:
Did you ever try freezing this?

Never tried, but I will freeze it this year.

chicco

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 1:26 pm
Metukah wrote:
This looks amazing, what is in the batter and how do you get it to stick to the chicken?

The batter is shredded potatoes, a couple of eggs, salt and pepper. I usually coat the chicken with flour or potato starch then dip it in the latka. If it falls off, I'll pour some latka directly in the pan of oil and then put the chicken on top. Then when it is time to flip, I'll add some more latka to the pan and place the chicken flipped over on top.

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 1:29 pm
Anyone have recipes/ideas for lunch on chol hamoed to take to work? My husband and I are not big salad people, and the thought of taking matzah sandwiches makes me sad!

dankbar

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 1:47 pm
Baked apple. Hard boiled eggs. Avocado salad. Cheese snacks/yogurts. Fruit salad.
Egg salad. Mashed potatoes mixed with mashed eggs. Cheese blintzes. Mock liver made from eggplant. Carrot pineapple salad.
Apple kugel. Apple sauce.

These are lunch ideas that don't need to be warm

Last edited by dankbar on Sun, Mar 24 2019, 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 1:47 pm
amother wrote:
Anyone have recipes/ideas for lunch on chol hamoed to take to work? My husband and I are not big salad people, and the thought of taking matzah sandwiches makes me sad!

Quinoa with veggies or feta cheese or any other toppings you like
Chicken or fish
Yogurt

dankbar

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 1:51 pm
Anything you normally use crumbs to hold together like chicken patties you can use cooked potatoes instead or just use sauteed onions & grated veggies in mixture.

dankbar

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 1:53 pm
Patties or shnitzel doesn't need to be hot so those are good carry alongs

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 2:05 pm
amother wrote:

Quinoa
Potato salad
Deviled eggs
Guacamole in a container with matzah to scoop
Tuna stuffed bell pepper
Egg & avocado salad
Cheese sticks and pesto
Cold cut roll ups with pickles inside
Yogurt and coconut granola
Cheese snack or cheesecake

dankbar

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 2:09 pm
Cantaloupe with cottage cheese

smss

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 2:10 pm
Shnitzel- mix equal parts almond flour and potato starch

Other awesome pesach recipes -
@chefchaya's crackers
@thosesisterswhocook's almond butter cookies
Busy in Brooklyn's pesach granola
Between carpools mix in the pan choc chip bars

dankbar

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 2:11 pm
Chopped liver with cut up veggies & matzah on side is good for work lunch too

juggling

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 3:14 pm
amother wrote:

I once saw an idea to make a savory crepe and use it like a tortilla for deli rolls. You could also stuff it with tuna, or make tuna blintzes. How about stuffed baked potatoes for work? Or soup?

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 3:31 pm
We pretty much keep klp year round in terms of not eating any outright chametz and the only kitniyot year round are mustard seeeds and green beans. We also only use EVOO and avocado oil (never saw avocado oil klp)during the year, and we make beef tallow and shmaltz . We don't eat potatoes ever. So here's what we eat regularly.

we make our own spice mixes, by throwing stuff together- garlic, onion, herbs, paprika- salt. You decide what goes in!

Pickled vegetables
sous vide meats with variations of our spice mix and oils, finished in the oven under broil
mashed cauliflower
mashed brocooli
mashed brussels sprouts
shnitzel made with almond flour
I make my own mayo-Olive oil alone is gross in mayo so I cut it with vinegar or lemon juice. considering trying tallow or chicken fat to make it too.
deviled eggs (with shallots diced and mixed in with coarse salt on top- updated 'eggs and onions' that we had as a family tradition but no one liked.
schwarma using lamb fat and turkey/chicken
we have jamaican friend who jerks us turkey
ground dark meat chicken as 'matzah balls' don't over cook. also use wet hands to form.
bone broths which we then season into soups of varying favours. This shabbos we had masala tasting broth with diced tomato chunks- or we have vietnamese pho and we put raw veg in as accents on the table. Or classic chicken soup with celery carrot and meatza balls (ground chicken)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics