Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
How is pesach at a hotel?

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 4:21 pm
We don't go to hotels for pesach but I'd love to hear about it. I know it's not as glorious as the advertisements and not as bad as the people who make fun of it. So I'd just enjoy reading about other peoples trips. The more exotic the better.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 4:24 pm
amother wrote:
We don't go to hotels for pesach but I'd love to hear about it. I know it's not as glorious as the advertisements and not as bad as the people who make fun of it. So I'd just enjoy reading about other peoples trips. The more exotic the better.

I’ve been to a few, most higher end and one not so great. Overall, great food, beautiful hotel and accommodations, beautiful davening and Shiurim, nice entertainment on Chol Hamoed, and very friendly people...what more could you ask for?

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 4:28 pm
It's fun to be pampered. Great not to have to prepare pesach. Hard to stay dressed and look your best. Difficult to deal with kids who belong in bed but need to stay supervised by the adults.
Best for older teens and adults.

Fave

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 4:29 pm
Do must people share their room with their younger kids?

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 4:32 pm
amother wrote:

It depends on your personality. If you are more introverted and don’t enjoy meeting lots of new people, it isn’t all that great. Also, if you don’t eat a lot of meat or fish (or are vegetarian), food wise can vary depending on where you go. I find that even the private sederim are still less convenient than being at home. If you have young kids that are too old to be in a stroller, it is tough as you can’t just put them to bed like you would at home.

pesek zman

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 5:16 pm
It’s the best. We’ve gone to some amazing locations and some less amazing locations but bottom line: I’m sleeping in a bed I didn’t have to make, bathing in a bath I didn’t have to clean and eating food that I didn’t have to shop for or cook. It’s the longest vacation from that part of life (domesticity) that I get all year and it’s amazing

pesek zman

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 5:35 pm
Fave wrote:
Do must people share their room with their younger kids?

YES of course. It sounds a safety issue leaving little kids in their own room

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 5:36 pm
pesek zman wrote:

We compromised by having linked hotel rooms sometimes for privacy but by then, our kids weren’t that little.

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 5:41 pm
Only went once. Crowded, noisy, and the place we went was not welcoming to new attendees. I guess I'm glad we tried it once to see what it was like, but I would rather clean my house and have Pesach at home with my family the way we like it.

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 9:23 pm
pesek zman wrote:
It’s the best. We’ve gone to some amazing locations and some less amazing locations but bottom line: I’m sleeping in a bed I didn’t have to make, bathing in a bath I didn’t have to clean and eating food that I didn’t have to shop for or cook. It’s the longest vacation from that part of life (domesticity) that I get all year and it’s amazing

Where did you go, if I may ask? Are the locations warm? Tanning? swimming? Do you meet new people and keep up with them later? Or do you basically stick with your family? Is the food grand? I (love beautiful food.)Do you dress up every meal( I hate getting dressed)

pesek zman

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 9:41 pm
amother wrote:
Where did you go, if I may ask? Are the locations warm? Tanning? swimming? Do you meet new people and keep up with them later? Or do you basically stick with your family? Is the food grand? I (love beautiful food.)Do you dress up every meal( I hate getting dressed)

BH my family has been going away to hotels for 25+ years so I’ve been to many, many different locations. We try as much as possible, especially in the last 15 years to go to different places each year. I like the people watching but don’t feel the need to make friends for 8 days. Food is almost always beyond. I get dressed for every meal but dressing up may mean something different to you than it does to me.

Fave

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 4:17 pm
pesek zman wrote:

For this alone, I'd rather be home. My kids each have their own beds (2 kids per room). Bathtime/bedtime takes faster, as we are not all stuck waiting for the same bathroom.

When I go on vacation, I'm happy to leave the kids at home.

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 5:11 pm
fave- you never go on vacation WITH your kids?
I've been on vacation but only with my kids- never left them home so a little foreign to me.

Fave

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 6:21 pm
amother wrote:
fave- you never go on vacation WITH your kids?
I've been on vacation but only with my kids- never left them home so a little foreign to me.

I did stuff like Niagara Falls, Jiminy Peak ect. but wouldn't call it vacation - as I worked pretty hard keeping everything under control. I find that in order for me to be able to relax, I need to be able to have my own space to escape to (my own bedroom and bathroom (ect.)

On Yom Tov, I want to be able to let loose and relax.

Each to its own.

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 6:24 pm
I'm not a fan of going to a hotel either for the same reasons. just wondering about your phraseology that's all.

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 6:46 pm
I’ve been going to pesach hotels for the last 15 years. It’s has its pros and works for my family that’s why we continue to go. I enjoy it because it allows me to spend time with my family and not have to prepare the Yom Tov. Pesach is a hard holiday to make and I enjoy the break. I also enjoy being in nice warm weather so I can spend my time outdoors because it’s easier to watch the kids outdoors that indoors. I like the food. I like that my active kid who needs structure has camp to keep it busy and happy.

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 12:12 pm
my parents who are 90 years old go away for pesach at a hotel in florida they like the food

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 1:34 pm
I've been going to a hotel for the past 10 years.

I love the break from domestic responsibilities!

It's challenging with young kids who need a schedule and can't sit at a meal for an hour or more. If You have several young kids, such as a baby, toddler, preschooler, I would not recommend it unless you have a nanny. With one young kid it's doable.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics