Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
What’s your favorite recipe
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Simple1

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 7:52 pm
amother wrote:
Really these are ppls most favorite things to eat?
I would think of some lucios rich dessert.
Don’t know
This is just regular Pesach fair not someone’s absolute favorite
To each palate, I guess.

I m looking for something that goes so quickly that you can never make enough of
Sorry, although I like soup and egg lukshen, as an example, I don’t see it flying off the shelves.

I find that on Pesach, there is not such a variety of filling foods to snack on - a lot of empty sweets such as macaroons and chocolate, that my family loves a simple, but hearty and filling food. Yes they all really look forward to the chicken I posted above.

Jalapeño

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 8:25 pm
cbg wrote:
For Pesach?????
Please share

They're made with tapioca starch so it's a naturally pesach-friendly recipe

I'm not loyal to any one recipe, but this one is closest to what I usually do:
https://ourbestbites.com/quick.....jo-2/

yksraya

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 9:35 pm
I make mini trifle mousse cups. Got the recipe from binah magazine yrs ago. I think it was Efrat's recipe. Sorry can't have you the exact recipe now it's stored with the pesach stuff.

I also do simple brownie cake. Make tons and freeze.

Cheese snack is very easy to make and tastes way fresher than the store bought, and doesn't cost a mini fortune.

1 cream cheese,
2 spoons sugar
A bit vanilla sugar (optional)
2 eggs

Cream sugars together, mix in eggs well. Pour into muffin cups (I like the thicker muffin ones, not the regular cupcake holders). Bake 20 min on 350.
It needs to settle about 10 minutes once you take it out of oven and best to eat it cold. Freezes very well.

My kids also love the pesach lukshen, they eat it like pancakes before I have a chance to cut it. I make it on griddle and it sometimes forms into funny shapes and looks like animals.

yksraya

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 9:37 pm
Easy supper most of my kids like:
Ground chicken dark
2-3 eggs
Salt and pepper

Fry in hot oil.
Easy and yum

lkwdlady

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 9:55 pm
yksraya wrote:

Cheese snack is very easy to make and tastes way fresher than the store bought, and doesn't cost a mini fortune.

1 cream cheese,
2 spoons sugar
A bit vanilla sugar (optional)
2 eggs

Cream sugars together, mix in eggs well. Pour into muffin cups (I like the thicker muffin ones, not the regular cupcake holders). Bake 20 min on 350.
It needs to settle about 10 minutes once you take it out of oven and best to eat it cold. Freezes very well.

Is that a whole container of whipped cream cheese and 2 tbsp of sugar?

It doesn’t sound so sweet. Is it good?

Do you think it can be baked in a 9” pan and cut slices afterwards?

yksraya

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 10:05 pm
lkwdlady wrote:
Is that a whole container of whipped cream cheese and 2 tbsp of sugar?

It doesn’t sound so sweet. Is it good?

Do you think it can be baked in a 9” pan and cut slices afterwards?

Yes, a whole container cream cheese in not that much. I double and triple the recipe and quadruple it too, lol. 2 tablespoons of sugar is sweet enough, it tastes really great.

I never tried a bigger pan, don't know if it would be that great. Besides it's easier to have single servings.

Mommyg8

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 10:56 pm
amother wrote:
Really these are ppls most favorite things to eat?
I would think of some lucios rich dessert.
Don’t know
This is just regular Pesach fair not someone’s absolute favorite
To each palate, I guess.

I m looking for something that goes so quickly that you can never make enough of
Sorry, although I like soup and egg lukshen, as an example, I don’t see it flying off the shelves.

Honestly, I got this chocolate torte recipe from here on imamother that is simply heaven - pure chocolate bliss. (For some reason it didn't fly off the shelves here, but that's because my boys are not that into chocolate OR dessert).

I also got a sorbet recipe from here that was fought over, and to go back to the mundane - potato blintzes with mushroom sauce is a huge hit here. I simply can't make enough of them.

krembo

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 11:12 pm
pavlova

thanks

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 7:32 am
1-2-3 cookies

1 sugar
2 eggs
3 cup ground nuts

Form into balls and back at 350 until done. 10-15 minutes.

cbg

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 9:43 am
Fat head dough
Simply the best dough ever
Great for pizza, quichés, etc.

It’s dairy, but this year we have a lot of days of Chol Hamoed, Shabbat doesn’t fall out in the middle

8oz grated mozzarella cheese
2 oz cream cheese
1 1/4 cup almond flour
1 egg
Seasoning optional (sweet, herbs, spices)

In a double boiler melt cheese.
Mix in almond flour and egg, and spices if using. I like to use oregano if I’m making pizza
Kneed until everything is well incorporated

Roll out between 2 pieces of parchment.

Bake blind, 350 about 20 minutes, keep an eye

Top or fill

For Purim I made these filled with spinach and cheese.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 9:50 am
amother wrote:
Can you please share the exact recipe with the measurements thx

4-5 lb. minute roast

2 Tbsp. oil
6-7 crushed garlic cloves
1 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
3/4 C red wine
3 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon

Place all ingredients in a ziplock. Rub the spices/marinade all over the meat. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.

Bake at 325 F for about 3 hours. Chill, then slice and reheat in juices.

I actually find the marinade is enough for more than 1 roast. Like I put two into the ziplock and make one for first days and 1 for 2nd days. I slice and put it with the juices into a container, and freeze.

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 3:02 pm
Chayalle wrote:
4-5 lb. minute roast

2 Tbsp. oil
3/4 C red wine
3 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon

Place all ingredients in a ziplock. Rub the spices/marinade all over the meat. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.

I actually find the marinade is enough for more than 1 roast. Like I put two into the ziplock and make one for first days and 1 for 2nd days. I slice and put it with the juices into a container, and freeze.

Thx so much!!!

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 3:04 pm
Chayalle wrote:
4-5 lb. minute roast

2 Tbsp. oil
3/4 C red wine
3 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon

Do you bake the minute roast with the marinade or do you toss the marinade?

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 3:13 pm
Chayalle wrote:
4-5 lb. minute roast

2 Tbsp. oil
3/4 C red wine
3 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon

I made this recipe for Succos after finding it here. Just warning anyone with sensitivity to spicy food, I found the cayenne pepper caused my mouth to go on fire while I was eating it. My DH and kids thought I was crazy but then one kid took a bite a different day and his mouth was on fire too. I think because I rewarmed the meat in the juices that it cooked in it absorbed a lot of the heat of the cayenne . It's tasty though.

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 3:33 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
I made this recipe for Succos after finding it here. Just warning anyone with sensitivity to spicy food, I found the cayenne pepper caused my mouth to go on fire while I was eating it. My DH and kids thought I was crazy but then one kid took a bite a different day and his mouth was on fire too. I think because I rewarmed the meat in the juices that it cooked in it absorbed a lot of the heat of the cayenne . It's tasty though.

Oh so maybe I should cut down on the cayenne pepper?

mha3484

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 3:38 pm
When I make recipes with spicy ingredients, I make the marinade or sauce etc and then add the heat in small increments until I like how it tastes.

amother
Babyblue

Post Fri, Mar 29 2019, 12:49 pm
Chayalle wrote:
4-5 lb. minute roast

2 Tbsp. oil
3/4 C red wine
3 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon

Do I bake the roast with the marinade or do I toss the marinade?

Chayalle

Post Fri, Mar 29 2019, 12:51 pm
amother wrote:
Do you bake the minute roast with the marinade or do you toss the marinade?

I bake it with the marinade.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Mar 29 2019, 12:53 pm
thunderstorm wrote:

That's funny, did you mix the marinade well? I don't feel the heat at all in this recipe, it just sort of absorbs into the meat and tenderizes it. It's very flavorful. I bake it in the marinade and heat it that way too.

However you can cut down on the cayenne pepper if it's much for you.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Mar 29 2019, 1:30 pm
Chayalle wrote:
That's funny, did you mix the marinade well? I don't feel the heat at all in this recipe, it just sort of absorbs into the meat and tenderizes it. It's very flavorful. I bake it in the marinade and heat it that way too.

However you can cut down on the cayenne pepper if it's much for you.

I wonder which company and how old your cayenne is. Very Happy
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics