Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Do u see H-shem’s Hand in everything?
Previous  1  2

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 8:33 am
ectomorph wrote:
Why did I have to have the bad experiences? Those were Yad Hashem too.
Like it says in Iyov- the bracha and the klala have the same source

Rabbi Reisman spoke after 9 11 and he said, that there are numerous beautiful stories of hashgacha pratis of people escaping or avoiding the Twin Towers. But there are also people who died there, and that too was hashgacha pratis.

We say Modim, for all sorts of lovely things. But we end the bracha with "V'al hakol." We thank Hashem for everything, the obvious good, and everything else.

ectomorph

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 10:19 am
PinkFridge wrote:
Rabbi Reisman spoke after 9 11 and he said, that there are numerous beautiful stories of hashgacha pratis of people escaping or avoiding the Twin Towers. But there are also people who died there, and that too was hashgacha pratis.

We say Modim, for all sorts of lovely things. But we end the bracha with "V'al hakol." We thank Hashem for everything, the obvious good, and everything else.

Beautiful thank you. Exactly.

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 12:39 pm
I’m not on a level or mindset to wonder what His message is when I rip a pair of pantyhose the first time I wear them, but I do stop to think Thank You when the elevator is waiting on my floor when I get there, the express train is right across the platform when the local I’m on arrives, tissues go on sale right when we’re running low, that sort of thing. Occasionally I’ll also stop and think “OK I probably deserved that, better to pay for it now than later” when things don’t go my way.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 9:59 am
amother wrote:
I’m not on a level or mindset to wonder what His message is when I rip a pair of pantyhose the first time I wear them, but I do stop to think Thank You when the elevator is waiting on my floor when I get there, the express train is right across the platform when the local I’m on arrives, tissues go on sale right when we’re running low, that sort of thing. Occasionally I’ll also stop and think “OK I probably deserved that, better to pay for it now than later” when things don’t go my way.

Sounds like a variation of "it should be a kapara," which works for your pantyhose scenario.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 11:15 am
I absolutely believe that everything is from Hashem, and that everything is for the good.

Does that mean that I always get it on an emotional level? Nope. The farthest distance in the world, is from the brain to the heart. ~Rebbe Nachman

I do make an effort in hard times, so search for the good. I ask myself "What does Hashem want me to learn from this?"

I have so many wonderful stories of good things coming to me when I least expect them, or when I am in desperate situations that seemed hopeless. If I wrote them all down, no one would believe me, and it would take years to compile the list. It can't all be coincidence. It just can't.

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 11:37 am
iyar wrote:
Why is there no hug button on this thread?
You sound like you need a few.
It's so hard sometimes to feel that Hashem is right there with you every second.
So hard to feel His presence when things are falling apart.
You're never forgotten but I understand you must be going through a rough time.
Sending you hugs!
I bet everyone here wants to send you some too.
iyar, wow, I didnt see your reply to my reply until now.
I wanted to say thank you for the hug reply.
I do need hugs, in real life too, but virtual ones do well too.
I know intellectually he is never far, but emotionally it is almost impossible for me to know this. Too many bad/sad things have happened in my life (and a few of those things are not things that just pass with time, but are part of my life always)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics