Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Ways people made you feel welcomed
Previous  1  2

Rappel

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 3:53 am
Food, even something small, when we first moved.

Signs on our door

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 4:06 am
A number of years ago we moved to a new country right before the school year started. I did have a friend in our new neighborhood but she does not have girls my daughter’s age. She connected me (via email) to w of her friends who did. They made sure I knew which shoes were ‘in’ and what the girls were collecting so that my daughter would be able to fit in. We emailed pics of shoes back and forth, they described which types of collectibles would be more ‘valuable’, and when we arrived, they sent their girls over to play & trade. Those women became my good friends and their info allowed my DD to feel a bit more comfortable in her new surroundings.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 4:59 am
We moved into the best neighborhood ever this year.
We got supper sent over the night we moved, Shabbat invitations for the first week (organized by the chesed committee) and lots of random people brought over baked goods the first few weeks.
We also received Shabbat invitations from people for a good few months.
Everyone came over to us in the park and in shul and introduced themselves. My DD was invited for playdates right away.
We have a womens whatsapp group where everyone can get answers to any questions.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 7:43 am
amother wrote:
We moved into the best neighborhood ever this year.
We got supper sent over the night we moved, Shabbat invitations for the first week (organized by the chesed committee) and lots of random people brought over baked goods the first few weeks.
We also received Shabbat invitations from people for a good few months.
Everyone came over to us in the park and in shul and introduced themselves. My DD was invited for playdates right away.
We have a womens whatsapp group where everyone can get answers to any questions.

wow where do you live?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 8:17 am
amother wrote:
wow where do you live?

Bet Shemesh, Israel

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 9:38 am
amother wrote:
I've moved 7 times in 9 years. I always think its a milestone when a neighbor asks to borrow something. makes me feel like I belong.
same with neighbors allowing their kids to come play at my house.
its sort of the opposite of giving, but it feels like giving.

So true! The first time a neighbor asked to borrow something after we moved I felt like I won the lottery!

I also felt very welcomed when neighbors brought over cookies with a welcoming note.

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 10:02 am
amother wrote:
Don't you see the moving van?

Why not host an event for women on the block, just to get to know each other?

We are all so busy and don't have time to breathe.

Tzutzie

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 1:32 pm
I always try to make a quick cake. A bundt always looks nice. Batter cakes aren't too time consuming to make.
A little note to go with it. Makes such a differnece.
Speaking of, I gotta go make one fo my neighbors who just moved in before the cleaning lady comes.....
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette