Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Looking for info on Yeshivat Frisch in Paramus NJ

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 12:22 am
Hi,

I figured this might be a good place to ask since people can post anonymously.

I want to hear the reasons why you love that school.

What are your concerns about it.

Anything I should know??

We are considering sending our child there and don't know who to ask to get real answers.

Thanks

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 8:14 am
Hi,
My daughter goes to Frisch and loves it!!!
It is really the perfect place for her. We are thrilled with it for many reasons. She loves school and (almost) every morning is actually excited to go to school (not days with math or chem tests), has great friends, teachers who she has connected with and who are amazing role models, a sense of independence, and a belief that she-herself can make the world a better place. Religiously, she has been very inspired to take ownership and to have kavanah(both in davening and intent/ focus of mitzvot) and feels very comfortable asking both philosophical questions and sheilahs. To quote her, if I believe in Hashem, why wouldn't I do every mitzvah as best I can, it would be crazy not to.

That being said, you need to know your child. It is an intense place. They work hard and play hard. They is/can be a lot of stress both academically and social- at least in the higher classes and with kids who are like that socially. It is "big tent", some kids are looking to grow in Torah and others less so. What kind of a child do you have and what are you comfortable with?
You are more that welcome to private message me (I am new on this site and don't actually know how it works) and I am happy to speak to you on the phone as well.
Good luck with your decision. We are very privileged to have many wonderful schools in the area, none are a bad choice, it's just finding the best choice and fit for your child.

amother
Mulberry

Post Sun, Dec 10 2023, 10:38 pm
Looking for current information. I have a daughter with anxiety, specifically social anxiety. She is intense often with obsessive thoughts, that sometimes relate to a teacher/peer and can cause issues. Though she is good as academically, these factors impact her school functioning. She is getting help, but this is a process and I am wondering if a big school like Frisch with many resources may be good for her. Or any other ideas?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics