Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Help!! DD pierced ears causing lots of trouble

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 1:40 pm
My 7yr old daughter is having problems with her pierced ears. She lost 1 earring and it took a few weeks to get new ones. Her holes are not closed up, but they are filled with "gook", for lack of a better word. It was very painful to put in the new earrings and 1 ear was infected. She complained too much so I decided that she should take a break from earrings.

Some questions:

Are certain types of earring backs easier to get in the holes?

Should we start with the earrings as though they are her first pair, putting on antibiotic cream every day?

Should she sleep in her earrings, or take them off every night?

If anyone knows the answers, it would be a huge help. DD is very sad that she doesn't have earrings.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 1:41 pm
Dab on a little hydrocortisone cream a few times a day to clear up the rash.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 1:57 pm
Keep putting on antibiotic ointment every day.

If the earrings are inside already then use a q-tip to gently put some under the earring stud in front and on the ear under the post in the back every day. Also turn the earring gently every day so it doesn't get crusted in.

If the earrings are not in - leave them out until the infection clears and apply antibiotic ointment every day. This way it will heal much faster - much better option.

Make sure to use gold k earrings that are good for sensitive ears. And I find that huggies / leverback earrings are essential for these sensitive ears since they allow the lobe to breathe and the earrings don't get stuck.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics