Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Baby crying, going crazy!
Previous  1  2

ShishKabob

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 12:20 pm
Rappel wrote:
Mazal tov!!!!

This won't help with the crying - for that, you need on-site diagnosis and help, like everyone else said.

But when you're going crazy, getting angry, feeling completely overwhelmed:

1. Make sure your baby is in a safe location
2. Walk away, and do whatever you need to do to feel calmer - breathe, take a drink of water, nap, shower.

Given a choice between being held by a stressed, tense, and lost mom, or being put in the crib for a bit until a gracious and loving mom is ready to care for baby, the latter is much better for baby and much better for you.

Excellent Advice! And this is a major service for all new mothers. Thank you for posting.

caza

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 7:54 pm
might be tongue or lip tie, my little one had it, for 7 weeks he was such a difficult baby. He had the tongue tie snipped at 7 weeks, it wasnt magic but he eventually settled. Now at 18 months I see that he also has a lip tie. (a posterior tongue tie can be more diffcult to spot).
For now, try to make sure you are getting rest so you will have more energy to cope with it...
Hatzlacha

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 8:13 pm
At 2 months this started happening to my baby, almost like a nursing strike. I had an amazing lactation consultant that showed me to nurse laying down with the baby laying flat on me and lifting his neck to nurse. Apparently at about a month or two of age they gain cognitive function that tells them that them nursing in the position in our arms causes their necks to shorten and airway to close so they stop nursing more than necessary to keep surviving. It may be different for you but definitely worth the try.
Hatzlacha

oneofakind

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 8:49 pm
Could totally be reflux without spit up. Start keeping track of what you eat. Eliminate milk first. Get help with the tongue tie. Keep looking until you find somebody who could help you. Good luck.

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 9:24 pm
Surprised no one's mentioned (or maybe I just didn't see)..if a baby cries 5 minutes into feeding it is most likely due to an intolerance in something you're eating.
Completely eliminate: dairy, chocolate = the 2 biggest offenders. You need to be fanatical about that - like not even a chocolate chip.

If that doesn't help, you may need to eliminate wheat too. Try it, give it a few days and see.

Also don't eat gassy foods such as cabbage, brocolli, beans, anything overly spicy.

All 4 of my babies would not allow me to eat any of the above foods. If I gave in to my cravings and ate so much as a chocolate chip or bite of pizza, you'd better believe they were back to their horrible screaming!

Try to find out what food you're eating that's bothering baby before medicating him. https://www.aappublications.or.....50417

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 12:05 am
Shes little, but it may be an ear infection. I would bring her to the dr to check. We just did for the same reason and baby had a raging double ear infection. Although my baby is a few months old already.

anonymrs

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 12:33 am
Sounds like OP knows that her baby has a tie. One of the symptoms of ties is reflux. You can put bandaids all you want, but without correcting the tie, the problem will still be there.

Op, where are you located?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 8:00 am
amother wrote:
Surprised no one's mentioned (or maybe I just didn't see)..if a baby cries 5 minutes into feeding it is most likely due to an intolerance in something you're eating.
Completely eliminate: dairy, chocolate = the 2 biggest offenders. You need to be fanatical about that - like not even a chocolate chip.

If that doesn't help, you may need to eliminate wheat too. Try it, give it a few days and see.

Also don't eat gassy foods such as cabbage, brocolli, beans, anything overly spicy.

All 4 of my babies would not allow me to eat any of the above foods. If I gave in to my cravings and ate so much as a chocolate chip or bite of pizza, you'd better believe they were back to their horrible screaming!

Try to find out what food you're eating that's bothering baby before medicating him. https://www.aappublications.or.....50417

Had this with one of my kids. Every time he nursed he cried. He was allergic to dairy and wheat. Once I went off those two he calmed down a lot. Try eliminating from your diet dairy and wheat for 2 weeks and see if you see a difference. Then try adding one for a few days to see if it’s either one or both.

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 8:11 am
Make sure she isn’t OVERfed
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics