Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Five Towns/Far Rock Moms, Please Chime In - Braces

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 7:47 am
Hi all,

DC desperately needs braces. Her teeth are crooked and one sticks out terribly in the front.

Looking for as much info as possible. Recommendations? Price range? Did they take insurance?

Dentist recommended Dr. Rubin. I am really nervous about the expense, but DC is starting to get embarrassed. Any and all input appreciated.

TIA.

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 9:00 am
PLease?

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 9:31 am
I use dr. Paley. Very happy with him. He’s located near trader joe

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 9:31 am
And he accepts some insurances I believe

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 9:34 am
amother wrote:
I use dr. Paley. Very happy with him. He’s located near trader joe

Thank you!!!

Can I ask how much he charges?

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 9:36 am
No idea, not up to braces yet.. but he’s really nice I would go for a consultation

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 9:53 am
I have 2 children using dr rubin now. I'm very happy with the care and they try to work with your insurance if you have any. They are all very sweet to deal with too.

Good luck

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 10:17 am
We use Dr. Oppenheimer. We good and very friendly. I think he charges $5500. We pay around $200 a month.

eagle

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 10:51 am
I used Dr. Paley as well for myself just a few years ago.(I think I only met him once but the 2nd Dr. on staff was really phenomenal and she saw me). A small amount was covered by my insurance and there was a payment plan set up for the remainder. I can't recall the exact amount of the total but it was reasonable.

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 11:23 am
Thank you so much, everyone!

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 11:30 am
I urge you to get orthodontia for your child. My mother was upset her entire life that her parents didn't fix her teeth. It effected shidduchim, her self esteem, etc. I used Dr. Rubin. I liked him, and he does offer new patient discounts, and payment plans. He and most other orthodontists offer a free consultation, so you can comparison shop. Don't be afraid to respectfully ask for a discount (I have received a discount in the past). You might want to try contacting the various dental schools in the area, which can offer dental services for a greatly reduced cost. Here's a link to Columbia. You can try NYU, NY Med, etc.

httpss://www.dental.columbia.edu/teaching-clinics/orthodontic-clinic

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 12:00 pm
Dr Oppenheimer is very popular. Good bedside manner and easy to work with financially and otherwise.

dv

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 12:51 pm
We’re starting with Dr Oppenheimer now even though we’re not up to braces yet...I found that he as very good bedside manner and speaks to the kids like they are people and not at them which is very important since he will be seeing your child very often....he also tries to work with insurance and works out a payment system with you...

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 4:31 pm
We use Dr. Rubin and are very happy. They do whatever they can to help you get it covered by insurance. And they have reasonable payment plans for whatever isn't covered. Very pleasant office and Dr. Rubin is a real mentsch.

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 8:55 pm
bump!

my husband is in need of braces. well probably go with traditional metal braces over invasalign.
have any of you ladies used these 5t/fr orthos recently and can quote an average price of the braces?

tysm!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics