Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Jussie Smollett's charges all dropped??????????
1  2  Next

Mevater

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 2:43 pm

In a stunning reversal, Chicago prosecutors on Tuesday dropped all charges against "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett just weeks after he was indicted on 16 felony counts for allegedly filing a false police report.

Smollett, 36, was seen arriving at a Chicago courtroom around 10:30 a.m. on Tuesday for an emergency hearing. Following his court appearance, his attorneys released a statement saying that the actor's "record has been wiped clean of the filing of this tragic complaint against him."

"Jussie was attacked by two people he was unable to identify on January 29th. He was a victim who was vilified and made to appear as a perpetrator as a result of false and inappropriate remarks made to the public causing an inappropriate rush to judgement," the statement read.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/u.....87446

Who attacked him? What do the Osundairo brothers say now?

ectomorph

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 2:58 pm
We have the checks made out to the brothers
the video of the brothers buying the Red Hats
and the brothers confession that he told them to fake a hate crime
We also have complete surveillance of the night with only 30 sec missing. During those 39 sec nothing appears to have happened to him

Even Rahm Emanuel is upset about this

Fox

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 3:02 pm
Nobody believes Smollett is innocent of the hoax. Otherwise, he wouldn't be forfeiting his bond. Nor would "prior community service," whatever that is, matter. If you're not charged with a crime, how can the state legitimately keep your bond, and why would community service matter.

There's either enough evidence to charge the defendant, which the grand jury in this case believed there was, or there isn't. Since when are innocent victims of crimes required to give the state money and/or do community service?

But, poof, everyone is suddenly talking about Smollett instead of the Mueller report. Look for Kim Foxx to be rewarded sometime after 2020 with a plum position as either an elected official or in a cushy judgeship.

princessleah

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 3:12 pm
Look, there was a thorough investigation (witch hunt)!!! Even though we knew there was never any conspiracy/collusion. And now he is proven right!

Charges were dropped which means he is TOTALLY EXONERATED!!! Smollet 2020!

Fox

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 3:13 pm
Though life may yet imitate art.

Right now, Smollett is so reviled by so many different groups in Chicago that it wouldn't surprise me if an ad hoc committee of representatives from the law enforcement community, the black community, the gay community, the black gay community, and the African immigrant community all banded together to beat him up, splash bleach on him, and drape a clothesline around his neck.

1untamedgirl

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 3:16 pm
Collusion.. Oh wait. that only works for Trump. Fine. White privilege.. oh white, he's black. Heteros-xual privilege! Oh wait, he's gay. Male Privilege! Finally got one! Lol. What is going on in this world?

gold21

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 4:20 pm
The mayor of Chicago is a Democrat and he's upset with this outcome.

If someone intervened to help Smolett, and charges were dropped due to internal pressure, that should bother everyone across the board, Republican or Democrat. Kind of like the college scandal. It goes beyond politics.

gold21

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 4:25 pm
1untamedgirl wrote:
Collusion.. Oh wait. that only works for Trump. Fine. White privilege.. oh white, he's black. Heteros-xual privilege! Oh wait, he's gay. Male Privilege! Finally got one! Lol. What is going on in this world?

Celebrity privilege.

1untamedgirl

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 5:01 pm
gold21 wrote:
Celebrity privilege.

Or Democrat Privilege--

agreer

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 5:05 pm
How sad. The Chicago police finally get the job done and nothing comes of it.

This is a travesty. How many hate-crime hoaxes will this inspire?

Mevater

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 5:27 pm
agreer wrote:
How sad. The Chicago police finally get the job done and nothing comes of it.

This is a travesty. How many hate-crime hoaxes will this inspire?

I cant find the VOMIT emoticon.

I want to know if Smollett will get the raise he so badly wanted.

Banging head

Everyone has always said that Chicago politics is extremely corrupt. crooked!

If we only knew how exactly Obama rose to fame in Chicago and who benefited most!

One day there will be a book. Someone will talk. Maybe when Obama dies.

2cents

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 6:03 pm
1untamedgirl wrote:
Or Democrat Privilege--

Yup. You can bet that if it was a white trump supporter who faked a crime where two black democrats attacked him for racial/religious/s-xual orientation/political reasons, he wouldnt be coddled by the press and "justice" system.

dancingqueen

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 6:16 pm
2cents wrote:
Yup. You can bet that if it was a white trump supporter who faked a crime where two black democrats attacked him for racial/religious/s-xual orientation/political reasons, he wouldnt be coddled by the press and "justice" system.

Rich people and/or celebrities who are white get away with stuff ALL the time. Except for poor Aunt Becky.

dancingqueen

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 6:16 pm
princessleah wrote:
Look, there was a thorough investigation (witch hunt)!!! Even though we knew there was never any conspiracy/collusion. And now he is proven right!

lol nicely played.

Mevater

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 6:26 pm
How will Anderson Cooper and his like-minded buddies spin this?

Lesia

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 6:39 pm
2cents wrote:

Lol. Because yes, white men are an oppressed minority group. I can’t believe you said that with a straight face.
This political forum is wild. 😄

Fox

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 6:45 pm
princessleah wrote:

Uh huh. This joke has been making the rounds on Twitter all afternoon. And the ratios have been stunning. Cathy Young even had to put up extra cute otter videos to walk back this take.

When you've lost even David Axelrod, it's time to hang it up.

Last edited by Fox on Tue, Mar 26 2019, 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fox

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 6:46 pm
Lesia wrote:
Lol. Because yes, white men are an oppressed minority group. I can’t believe you said that with a straight face.
This political forum is wild. 😄

Only among hateful progressives.

Fox

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 6:55 pm
princessleah wrote:

Could you please refer me to the indictments returned by a grand jury against Trump, et. al.? Because that's the claim you're making by promulgating this analogy.

I'll wait . . .

Lesia

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 6:58 pm
Even progressives are against this outcome. No one thinks he deserves to have the charges dropped, and everyone realizes it’s the result of corruption in Chicago. What’s wild is how conservatives on this forum are up in a tizzy to prove themselves victims of white oppression and bringing in stuff about Obama that is irrelevant and just being hysterical all around.

Chill, people. No one is disagreeing with you here. 😄

Fox, I anticipate your list of obscure twitter accounts that prove that a fringe of progressives are not upset with this outcome. I can see it coming, and I’ll say to you, don’t bother. It’s not worth the effort. It doesn’t matter to anyone.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics