Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Best place to do WIC shopping in Monsey?

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 6:18 pm
Hi,
We recently hit a financial bump (mountain?!) and I was advised to get onto WIC which I did and I am so grateful for that.
I was told that some supermarkets are more accommodating than others.
For those of you who are on WIC and live in Monsey can you please tell me where you have the best experience?
Tia!

happyone

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 8:08 pm
what does best experience mean? WIC is WIC and AFAIK you exchange your check for allotted food items on your checks. what difference would one store have over another?
Unless I dont know much about that program.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 8:12 pm
The stores are now really painful about it cuz there’s a new electronic system u need to use.

I’m almost sure I heard monsey glatt was the best place, it’s otherwise more expensive but might be worth a special trip just for wic items. Been online in rockland just to see ppl with wic told they need to go to another register so if u go there double check with costumer service what u need to do...

(not on wic but know a few ppl on it, it has a higher threshold than other programs and can be a lifesaver for baby formula)

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 8:13 pm
Some stores would allow to cash in the check for store credit or let take other things instead. But I don't think any store does this anymore.

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 8:17 pm
amother wrote:
The stores are now really painful about it cuz there’s a new electronic system u need to use.

I’m almost sure I heard monsey glatt was the best place, it’s otherwise more expensive but might be worth a special trip just for wic items. Been online in rockland just to see ppl with wic told they need to go to another register so if u go there double check with costumer service what u need to do...

(not on wic but know a few ppl on it, it has a higher threshold than other programs and can be a lifesaver for baby formula)

Thanks for this response.
To the other amothers, they recently changed the system. No more checks...
Hence, my question.

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 10:36 pm
Monsey Glatt or Wesley. Other stores enter each item twice and it is a big pain. In these stores, you simply swipe your ewic card, and any wicable items come off. Then, you can pay the rest. Its way easier then the checks! Good luck!

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 10:37 pm
amother wrote:
Monsey Glatt or Wesley. Other stores enter each item twice and it is a big pain. In these stores, you simply swipe your ewic card, and any wicable items come off. Then, you can pay the rest. Its way easier then the checks! Good luck!

Excellent! It seems like tomorrow I'll be heading there. Thanks!

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 10:54 pm
LOL me too!
Wink

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 10:56 pm
amother wrote:
LOL me too!
Wink

See ya there! LOL