Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What colors will be IN this spring/summer?
1  2  Next

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 9:04 pm
I want to make some jewelry and focus on just a few colors. What should they be?

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 10:30 pm
Anyone?

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 10:37 pm
I say NAVY

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 10:40 pm
I see alot of pink and gold. Some light blue as well.

dankbar

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 7:08 am
I think black & white and black & gold is still going.
Saw they are selling lot of pure white or pink as well. Or white with black trim.
I've seen yellow around too. Light blue also. Royal blue. Blue/yellow combo. Some gray still.

dankbar

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 7:09 am
Red also

dankbar

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 7:10 am
Blck/white & red together

jkw

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 7:12 am
Check out Pantone.com for the latest colors. They have one set for NY and another for London

happyone

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 7:14 am
believe it or not pink is coming in.

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 7:45 am
amother wrote:
I want to make some jewelry and focus on just a few colors. What should they be?

Living coral is the color of the year. Colors in that tone are also in. You could have a lot of fun with coral Jewelry.

Is this personal jewelry or for sale?

DrMom

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 8:09 am
jkw wrote:
Check out Pantone.com for the latest colors. They have one set for NY and another for London

Yes, they are an organization that gets together and decides which colors will be "in" for fashion, home decor, advertising, etc. each year.

It's all rather bizarre that this handful of people makes these decrees for the entire world, and all these designers listen to them.

Attention lemmings: This year, the Pantone Institute has decided that Living Coral is THE color of 2019.
https://www.pantone.com/color-.....-2019

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 9:09 am
DrMom wrote:
Yes, they are an organization that gets together and decides which colors will be "in" for fashion, home decor, advertising, etc. each year.

It's all rather bizarre that this handful of people makes these decrees for the entire world, and all these designers listen to them.

Attention lemmings: This year, the Pantone Institute has decided that Living Coral is THE color of 2019.
https://www.pantone.com/color-.....-2019

There's a company in the next county (Orange County) that is in the business of setting the shades. They make the color charts. I have been inside their building. It's actually kind of fascinating. You would think it's an hour job or less to set shades, but they have machines that calibrate colors. And they are a decent size organization.

dankbar

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 12:00 pm
Looks like our community gets the styles later because I didn't see coral yet all over the place in our town for this season. I still see stores selling for shabbos, for girls this year black/white. White. Light pink. Gray.

aricelli

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 12:20 pm
I love coral! Hope to see more coral makeup as well- looks good with my freckles!
Havent seen coral in the jewish stores yet

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 12:35 pm
Squishy wrote:
There's a company in the next county (Orange County) that is in the business of setting the shades. They make the color charts. I have been inside their building. It's actually kind of fascinating. You would think it's an hour job or less to set shades, but they have machines that calibrate colors. And they are a decent size organization.

I want to add that they calibrate the colors for use all over not just the United States which is why you can buy so many items in different stores and the colors will be similar in different countries. I love this when traveling. You can buy unique things that work with a basic wardrobe bought here.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 3:02 pm
I am so happy about coral! It's one of my favorite jewelry stones, and the color looks amazing on me.

Pantone has been doing cool tones for at least the past 3 years, and it's about time they made a key color in a warm tone.

I've been looking for coral clothing for a while, and haven't seen any in ages. I can't wait until it hits the stores.

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 3:13 pm
Thanks so much for the replies. I ordered some beads this morning and can’t wait for them to arrive. What a great new project to busy myself with instead of a Pesach cleaning!

Since I’ve never done anything like this before I thought I would just make a few pieces and see if there is any interest. And if not I will have them for myself Smile

I find the whole trend thing fascinating. Can someone explain to me what Pantone is and how they became the authority in color trends. Where did they get their knowledge from - the catwalk? And where do the clothes designers get their ideas for colors from, and how is it that many designers will come up with the same color trends?

aricelli

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 3:27 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks so much for the replies. I ordered some beads this morning and can’t wait for them to arrive. What a great new project to busy myself with instead of a Pesach cleaning!

Since I’ve never done anything like this before I thought I would just make a few pieces and see if there is any interest. And if not I will have them for myself Smile

I find the whole trend thing fascinating. Can someone explain to me what Pantone is and how they became the authority in color trends. Where did they get their knowledge from - the catwalk? And where do the clothes designers get their ideas for colors from, and how is it that many designers will come up with the same color trends?

So what colors did you go with?

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 4:46 pm
aricelli wrote:
So what colors did you go with?

For one set: Navy blue, silver, and beige

For the other: mint green, gold, white.

No coral yet - maybe I can add it in later.

aricelli

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 4:51 pm
amother wrote:
For one set: Navy blue, silver, and beige

For the other: mint green, gold, white.

No coral yet - maybe I can add it in later.

Like those combinations. Good luck doing it!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics