Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Frumit...HELP
Previous  1  2

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 10:38 am
I heard of Chaya frumit . Maybe you can do something like that and call her Chaya? Or call her by another first name.

I also used a name to please my dh, a name I didn’t like at all. We added a name and call our dd by the other name. We feel it’s a brocha that we were able to name her both names but we don’t use the name too often. Her friends do not know that name.

simcha2

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 12:30 pm
Did the person you're naming for have any particular middos that stand out? Can you name for those? (I know a boy, Adin, named for the middah of the person)

jerusalem90

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 1:48 pm
Emuna? It means faith which isn't exactly the same, but there's a pretty clear connection anyway.

heidi

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 2:58 pm
My friend named her daughter דתיה - pronounced DatYa -for bubby Frumet

dankbar

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 3:07 pm
What about Adina which means eidel?

dankbar

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 3:57 pm
Also Agi, Idy & Aidel, Aidy with same meaning eidel, refined

A Little Shy

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 4:04 pm
I don't know if this is gonna help, but by one of my kidz I had to give a name that I disliked, but within time I loved the child and got used to the name.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 6:05 pm
This thread sparked a funny story that happened to me . When I was in labor the L&D nurses were all wearing their tags with their names. I noticed first that the Asian nurse had her name as "Frimit". She asked me if I liked her name. She said "Its my jewish name. We all gave ourselves Jewish names". And they all began introducing me to their jewish names. (None of were Jewish besides for one frum nurse who "gave" them their names , they decided to have fun one day because they deal with the frum world for the most part and they thought the patients would have a kick out of it.)
Anyway when she tells me her name I said "Frimit" I started laughing. She looked at me and asked "What's the matter ? It's not a nice name?" So I told her that I myself wouldn't name my child Frimit , if anything I'd name her Frumet and that I just found the whole situation amusing, especially since she says it the Chasidish way.
Later I was walking down the hall during my contractions and she pops out of the nurses station with a tichel tied on her head the way a shpitzel would be tied and then asked with an absolute straight face "So does my name suit me now?!". .. it was absolutely hysterical.
But she said she was going to research a new name for herself since I gave her a complex .
That's my "Frimit" story. Every time I hear the name in any version I automatically envision the labor and delivery room 😀

Cheiny

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 6:17 pm
amother wrote:
What is a Hebrew version for Frumit….
A name I may have to give...I HATE IT....HELP

Add a middle name and call her by that.,,

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 6:20 pm
Hey y’all! I’ve got a not-so-nice yiddish name... Not so much fun when your the owner!

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 6:21 pm
dankbar wrote:
What about Adina which means eidel?

What does frum have to do with eidel?

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 6:37 pm
My daughter is frimet. She goes by frumy. She has a few friends that are frumy. Why do you not like it?
In any case in Israel girls named frumy change it to Datya.
Whatever you name her,I wish you mazal and bracha and much yiddishe nachas.

Kiwi13

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 6:53 pm
What about finding a specific aspect of frumkeit that you want to give your child as a bracha?

For example... Aliza, Rena, Chedva, Gila, and other "happiness" names can be a bracha for "ivdu es Hashem b'simcha." Tehila can be a bracha to connect to Hashem in prayer and gratitude. Meira, Ora, or Leora can be a bracha to light up the world with goodness ("umeirim es ha'olam b"Torah uv'maasim tom"). There are many, many ways you can go with this train of thought.

Bshaa tova!

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Mar 28 2019, 1:09 am
I dont think frumit is an ugly name I know three people with this name all are called frumy.

I named my daughter a name I didnt like , we added a second name. she goes by both and the name TOTALLY grerw on my and I cant even imagine that I disliked it in the beginning.
its funny how we CAN get used to something ...but I have also heared of mothers regrettin naming their children names they disliked. so I guess it can go both ways

adding a second name is the way I would solve the issue.

beshaa tova!!!

Beyla

Post Thu, Mar 28 2019, 4:34 am
I happen to like the nickname frumy!
For some of my kids’names I’m not crazy about (but love that meaning or the person behind) we go by nicknames we find cute or appropriate to their personality.

Mayflower

Post Thu, Mar 28 2019, 5:03 am
I really like the idea of giving the name Frimet and calling her Mimi!

Or you can just add another name.

Personally, I feel that if you want to name after someone, you should give that name, not another name and "bake" some reason why it's connected.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Mar 28 2019, 1:52 pm
It's either from happy or frum
You can give it second

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Mar 28 2019, 2:00 pm
my daughter's middle name is Frimet after my grandmother .
I have a friend named Frimet who is always happy and friendly.

Dandelion1

Post Thu, Mar 28 2019, 2:22 pm
What if you called her Etty? Thats a cute, recognizable name, and is a totally legitimate nickname for Frimet.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names