Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Jussie Smollett and the two tiered justice system
1  2  3  4  Next

ectomorph

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 9:21 am
https://www.google.com/amp/s/v...../amp/

Graham said he would ask the Department of Justice to investigate the state’s attorney’s handling of the case. State’s Attorney Kim Foxx had earlier recused herself from the case after having a conversation with one of Smollett’s family members early in the investigation.

“I don’t think justice was done here today,” Graham said, noting that Smollett could still face federal charges if he is found to have sent himself a threatening letter. “We are certainly doubling down on our quest to find justice here.”

Emanuel compared the situation to the elite college admissions scandal, saying the outcome reflects the existence of a two-tier system of justice.

“This sends a clear message if you’re in a position of influence and power you’ll get treated one way and other people will get treated another way,” Emanuel said. “This is wrong.”

Basically, if you check off enough social justice boxes, you can get away with just about anything. Rahm Emanuel claimed it's money and influence, but we all know Why a progressive would forgive smollett- because he tried to further their cause.

Jews always lose in unfair courts. We would do well to pay attention to this.

Even liberals on this website believed the story, patently ridiculous as it was.

simcha2

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 9:27 am
I've no idea about the Smollett case. I (like all the other amothers here) haven't seen any actual documents of the case. Could the dismissal be politically motivated, sure, but that could also be a figment of the qanon imagination.

But the rest of your comments that "Basically, if you check off enough social justice boxes, you can get away with just about anything" are demonstrably false.

https://www.vox.com/identities.....ooker

Last edited by simcha2 on Wed, Mar 27 2019, 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 9:31 am
ectomorph wrote:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.com/2019/biz/news/rahm-emanuel-jussie-smollett-whitewash-1203172921/amp/

Graham said he would ask the Department of Justice to investigate the state’s attorney’s handling of the case. State’s Attorney Kim Foxx had earlier recused herself from the case after having a conversation with one of Smollett’s family members early in the investigation.

“I don’t think justice was done here today,” Graham said, noting that Smollett could still face federal charges if he is found to have sent himself a threatening letter. “We are certainly doubling down on our quest to find justice here.”

Emanuel compared the situation to the elite college admissions scandal, saying the outcome reflects the existence of a two-tier system of justice.

“This sends a clear message if you’re in a position of influence and power you’ll get treated one way and other people will get treated another way,” Emanuel said. “This is wrong.”

Basically, if you check off enough social justice boxes, you can get away with just about anything. Rahm Emanuel claimed it's money and influence, but we all know Why a progressive would forgive smollett- because he tried to further their cause.

Even liberals on this website believed the story, patently ridiculous as it was.

With even the prosecutor saying Smollett is not innocent, I find it hard to believe that liberals on this site can't see what is going on. It is scary is they do.

shyshira

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 9:37 am
What is going on?

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 9:41 am
shyshira wrote:
What is going on?

Ectomorph says liberals believe Smollett is innocent. I am defending them.

ectomorph

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 9:44 am
simcha2 wrote:
I've no idea about the Smollett case. I (like all the other amothers here) haven't seen any actual documents of the case. Could the dismissal be politically motivated, sure, but that could also be a figment of the qanon imagination.

But the rest of your comments that "Basically, if you check off enough social justice boxes, you can get away with just about anything" are demonstrably false.

https://www.vox.com/identities.....ooker

That's a different issue.

The fact is, the people who beat up the 80 year old protesting planned murderhood- you didn't hear about that in the news

The illegal aliens who rape and murder daily, and in some areas are responsible for a lot of the crime- never seems to hit the media except to accuse angel moms (moms of kids killed by illegal aliens) of being racist

Even the black police chief in Chicago is enraged by the Smollett story.

ectomorph

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 9:45 am
Squishy wrote:
you're defending liberals???

shyshira

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 9:54 am
Squishy wrote:

I was asking with regard to this...

Quote:
I find it hard to believe that liberals on this site can't see what is going on. It is scary is they do.

What is going on?

simcha2

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 9:59 am
ectomorph wrote:
That's a different issue.

The fact is, the people who beat up the 80 year old protesting planned murderhood- you didn't hear about that in the news

The illegal aliens who rape and murder daily, and in some areas are responsible for a lot of the crime- never seems to hit the media except to accuse angel moms (moms of kids killed by illegal aliens) of being racist

Even the black police chief in Chicago is enraged by the Smollett story.

I'm not talking about Smollett. I'm taking issue where you claimed that if you tick enough boxes you can get away with anything.

They're have been multiple studies proving this false. Black men are prosecuted at a higher rate than white men for the same crimes and sentenced to longer sentences.

I'm not stating an opinion. It is documented fact.

ectomorph

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 10:01 am
shyshira wrote:
What is going on?

What we are seeing is the formation of a 2 tiered justice system. Where people who progressives approve of, like Clinton, Smollett, people who beat up prolife protestors, people who damage conservative property, get off with a slap on the wrist.

And people who are conservative get severely punished even for minor or imaginary crimes.

simcha2

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 10:02 am
ectomorph wrote:
What we are seeing is the formation of a 2 tiered justice system. Where people who progressives approve of, like Clinton, Smollett, people who beat up prolife protestors, people who damage conservative property, get off with a slap on the wrist.

And people who are conservative get severely punished even for minor or imaginary crimes.

Sources? Data?

ectomorph

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 10:08 am
simcha2 wrote:
I'm not talking about Smollett. I'm taking issue where you claimed that if you tick enough boxes you can get away with anything.

They're have been multiple studies proving this false. Black men are prosecuted at a higher rate than white men for the same crimes and sentenced to longer sentences.

I'm not stating an opinion. It is documented fact.

Black men are a separate issue.
Suicides Outnumber Murders 6 To 1 For Whites; Murders Outnumber Suicides 3.5 To 1 For Blacks https://www.acsh.org/news/2018.....12861

Compared to the national average, the homicide rate was 54% lower for whites, 14% lower for Hispanics, and 267% higher for blacks. Put another way, the homicide rate among African-Americans is nearly quadruple that of the national average.

My point is, black men only check off one social justice box - being black. Plus there are systemic issues.

Many black men are actually right wing politically. They recognize the destruction the welfare state has brought their community.

simcha2

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 10:23 am
ectomorph wrote:
Black men are a separate issue.
Suicides Outnumber Murders 6 To 1 For Whites; Murders Outnumber Suicides 3.5 To 1 For Blacks https://www.acsh.org/news/2018.....12861

Compared to the national average, the homicide rate was 54% lower for whites, 14% lower for Hispanics, and 267% higher for blacks. Put another way, the homicide rate among African-Americans is nearly quadruple that of the national average.

My point is, black men only check off one social justice box - being black. Plus there are systemic issues.

Many black men are actually right wing politically. They recognize the destruction the welfare state has brought their community.

Sounds great, but not backed up by data.

https://advancementproject.org.....ions/

shyshira

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 10:24 am
ectomorph wrote:

You are correct. I’m not a liberal exactly, but I’m not seeing that.

DrMom

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 10:26 am
ectomorph wrote:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.com/2019/biz/news/rahm-emanuel-jussie-smollett-whitewash-1203172921/amp/

It sounds like Rahm Emanuel was saying that if you are a famous (or sort of famous) TV star, you can get away with more than an unknown person can. He wasn't speaking about "social justice" categories, as far as I could tell.

(Both situations are unjust, of course.)

ectomorph

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 10:29 am
simcha2 wrote:
Sounds great, but not backed up by data.

https://advancementproject.org.....ions/

I said many, not most.

Here's an article in CNN that says the same. Trump is doing well with blacks. Anecdotally, I'm seeing an upturn of black conservatives on Twitter. 2 years ago it was Pearson and maybe a few others. Now you see them everywhere.

.https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/08/18/politics/poll-of-the-week-trump-black-voters/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

sky

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 10:33 am
I don’t know about court.

But in the media and the court of public opinion - if you are a conservative you are vilified

Examples:
Rosanne Barr vs Smollett
Nathan Phillips vs nick sandman
Anti abortion
Pro family values
Pro religion
Pro separate bathrooms
Pro Israel, bsd becoming main stream.
MAGA hats (many attacks on those wearing)

simcha2

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 10:45 am
sky wrote:
I don’t know about court.

But in the media and the court of public opinion - if you are a conservative you are vilified

Examples:
Rosanne Barr vs Smollett
Nathan Phillips vs nick sandman
Anti abortion
Pro family values
Pro religion
Pro separate bathrooms
Pro Israel, bsd becoming main stream.
MAGA hats (many attacks on those wearing)

I don't think that is true. I think that people are told they are vilified. Which is different. How many times have people posted on here "in the press x wasn't reported" when a simple search will prove otherwise. If your understanding of what is in the media comes from Fox news and not actually reading other outlets you may have a skewed view.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 10:52 am
shyshira wrote:
What is going on?

What's going on is yet another conservative trying to make every issue into liberal-conservative.

Y'know, I'm a liberal. I'm having some real issues with one of my husband's doctors, whom I'm pretty sure is a conservative. Ya think ....

NO. I don't think. I think the doctor is nasty, and that has nothing to do with politics.

Is Kim Foxx a Democrat? Yes. Then again, so is Rahm Emmanuel, who slammed her. As is Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson.

My guess is that there's a lot more than meets the eye. They overreached on claiming that the payment could be directly attributed to the alleged attack. Even assuming that there was a false police report, those happen not infrequently; my Facebook feed is filled with stories of white folks making false reports against people of color, and not being arrested for it. And, of course, rick folks tend to get treated better than poor folks by the justice system.
Compare Brock Allen Turner to just about anyone else.

ectomorph

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 10:52 am
simcha2 wrote:
I don't think that is true. I think that people are told they are vilified. Which is different. How many times have people posted on here "in the press x wasn't reported" when a simple search will prove otherwise. If your understanding of what is in the media comes from Fox news and not actually reading other outlets you may have a skewed view.

So Nick Sandmann wasn't vilified. He just thought he was.

Roseanne Barr didn't lose her job while Smollett walked free

Yup its all in our heads.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics