Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
My 2 year old says no when I daven

Beingreal

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 11:20 am
I try to daven every day but my 2 year old wants to play with me and when I tell her I will daven or take out a siddur she says no daven...what to do? I feel bad if I don't...

ectomorph

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 11:22 am
My kids all do this. Daven with them instead singing songs. They'll like it better.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 11:32 am
Give her a sidder and tell her to daven with you. You can prepare a toy next to you that she can play while you daven along with a snack.

mommish613

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 11:42 am
Your role in life right now is to take care of your child- if you can’t find a time to daven when he is napping or not home, please remember that davening does not have to be formal daveningg from a siddur. You can connect to Hashem with any tefila, whatever works for you in your situation. You should not feel guilty for not davening from a siddur- speak to a rabbi or mentor for clarification.

Iyh when he gets a little older or is out of the house you can resume your regular formal tefila.

HeartyAppetite

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 11:50 am
I give my son a soffit and he pretends to daven with me. I also sing the davening so it makes it more exciting.

seeker

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 12:18 pm
Keep it very short and immediately follow up with praise for her behaving so nicely while you davened. And don't stress, she's only 2 and this means nothing to her future or yours.

aricelli

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 12:27 pm
I have this friday night when I cover my eyes for candle lighting. My 18 month old just hates it! I do a quick prayer: Hashem I’m taking care of the baby you entrusted me with- you take care of me!

essie14

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 12:30 pm
I give my 2 yr old a bencher and sing as much as I can from davening as she lets. And that's that. This is my tafkid right now.

salt

Post Thu, Mar 28 2019, 4:37 am
mommish613 wrote:
Your role in life right now is to take care of your child- if you can’t find a time to daven when he is napping or not home, please remember that davening does not have to be formal daveningg from a siddur. You can connect to Hashem with any tefila, whatever works for you in your situation. You should not feel guilty for not davening from a siddur- speak to a rabbi or mentor for clarification.

Iyh when he gets a little older or is out of the house you can resume your regular formal tefila.

If your 2 year old says 'no bathroom' - does that mean you can never go to the bathroom? Do you always stop doing everything your 2-year old tells you not to do?

If she were saying she is too overwhelmed to daven/doesn't have time/ forgets to daven - I would agree with your response, but just because her child doesn't 'let' her daven, she doesn't have to not do something that she wants to do and has time to do.

salt

Post Thu, Mar 28 2019, 4:40 am
Try this 'singing siddur'

https://www.amazon.com/Talking.....C3A0O

My kids loved it when they were younger. you press the buttons and it sings or chants the tefillot - it comes on all nussachs.

Beingreal

Post Thu, Mar 28 2019, 5:46 am
Op here. If she says no bathroom that I would ignore, but since davening is so integral, special and important, for her to say no I pay attention to because I want her to have a positive experience seeing her mommy daven. Thanks for all suggestions everyone!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics