Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
What age did you toilet train and why?
Previous  1  2

ra_mom

Post Thu, Mar 28 2019, 11:40 am
Night training happens on its own when the child's body is ready. Give pull ups for wetness at night and with time you'll see it will stay dry eventually.

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Mar 28 2019, 11:44 am
amother wrote:
What about night training?

My son is 3 and a few months and I toilet trained him with a kiddie potty, but he still won't make at school on the little toilets. So I ordered a seat to put on our toilet to get him to practice. Kind of regret the kiddie potty, but he was scared of the toilet and I was desperate to get the process going..

My husband has been asking me when we night train, and I'm not sure.. unless I wake him up a few times in the middle of the night, I don't think he'll be able to wake himself up to go. When should I start working on this?

I gave my kids a choice at night. Diaper. Pull-up or underwear. It took my daughter one night to say underwear. My son took a week. Bh none of the ever had a night accident.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Mar 28 2019, 11:50 am
One of my DD's self-trained. She was just over two when she started playgroup and saw other kids going. She literally decided, cold-turkey, that she was not going to wear diapers anymore. Yep, that includes the nights too....it was a week before Y"T and I was NOT interested in dealing with that right then and there, but she did not really give me a choice. She was done, and she trained herself.

With my other two, it was more like they were the right age, 2 1/2 or so....I remember my oldest got into this lovely habit of taking her diaper off and doing her thing on the living room floor, so I took it as a sign she was ready. I trained her for the day, and a few months later when I started maternity leave in my 9th month, I took the time to train her for the night (wasn't sleeping well at night anyway, so I figured I might as well take her to the bathroom, etc...)

My youngest gave me the hardest time at night, and wasn't fully night-trained till she was almost four.

IrenaFr

Post Thu, Mar 28 2019, 12:43 pm
amother wrote:
I toilet train when they r ready. My oldest was three months before he was four. Next one was exactly 3. My youngest is 2 .5 now and I didn't start. They were 100% ready. Day and night. Each had ONE wet accident. I have never bh had a dirty accident. I personally don't think it's worth it to push early.

For me - better to deal with a few accidents than for additional two years change those diapers. When kids are breastfed , it’s ok , but when they start eating everything and walking and running in those heavy smelly diapers - it’s disgusting .
Kids also prefer being clean and no heavy diapers if they know how it’s without diapers.

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Mar 28 2019, 12:45 pm
amother wrote:
What about night training?

My son is 3 and a few months and I toilet trained him with a kiddie potty, but he still won't make at school on the little toilets. So I ordered a seat to put on our toilet to get him to practice. Kind of regret the kiddie potty, but he was scared of the toilet and I was desperate to get the process going..

My husband has been asking me when we night train, and I'm not sure.. unless I wake him up a few times in the middle of the night, I don't think he'll be able to wake himself up to go. When should I start working on this?

I have never night trained any of my kids. Then again, until my youngest, I never actively toilet trained my kids either. They just kinda did it on their own, when they were ready. I mean, I helped, but they were the active leaders. Except for my oldest, he did it all on his own.

ectomorph

Post Thu, Mar 28 2019, 12:55 pm
I always thought I would do it early. Tried diff methods. But my child wasn't ready until 4.5.

At 4.5 it was a breeze though. But this child just wanted to be babied. I'm glad I gave him his time.

It does run in my family to train late. But my other kids showed signs much earlier of being ready. So it really depends on the kid.

ectomorph

Post Thu, Mar 28 2019, 12:57 pm
And forget about accidents. My late trainer was emotionally upset every time I tried to toilet train. He totally got it and resented it and would pee all over the house. We tried every method. I'm glad I didn't make a huge deal because he's fine now.

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Mar 28 2019, 3:54 pm
You really need to wait until they are ready.
I tried with my oldest before he was 3 and he really wasn't ready. It totally backfired. He was finally toilet trained at 3 1/2 and was having accidents until he was 5. My daughter refused to look at the toilet until 3 1/2 but when she did she was fully toilet trained and refused any help in the bathroom (and did a good job). My middle kids were both done before 3. And all my kids were toilet trained through the night within a couple months of being day toilet trained.
My baby is 22 months and we started talking about it, telling her that soon she'll go to the bathroom like a big girl. Especially since she started taking off her diapers....

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Mar 28 2019, 5:12 pm
All of you whose kids were fully trained in a few days should say a big thank you to Hashem!

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Mar 28 2019, 6:14 pm
DS1 was a little over 2.5. I did it then because I wanted him to get into gan.
Many accidents.

DD1 was ready at 2.5, but I didn't train her because went to parents for Pesach and didn't want to deal with accidents there. After pesach, she was almost trained when I had a baby... And sent her to a playgroup for a month. Playgroup couldn't fall with out, so stopped again... By the time I was ready, she was really over ready and out was easy.

DS 2 was NOT interested... At all...
So trained him when he was about3 years and two weeks. Went really fast.

The only kid with multiple accidents (aaahhh!!!!) Was the one I trained when I wanted to, not when he was ready.

shirasingsalot

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 6:54 pm
You can usually tell when your child is ready to start potty training. I would say usually age 3, but really every kid is different. I personally don't like to push them before they are ready, as they can regress later on.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 2:08 pm
so late!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training