Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
WW nubie here. Support and tips please.

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Mar 28 2019, 5:52 am
Title says it all. I desperately need to lose 25 lbs because of health reasons. I am in "immediate risk" according to my doctor. Nutritionist isn't working.

All the zero point foods are my favorite foods. I eat a healthy diet already - just too much. My first question is portion sizes.

Every little bit of support and encouragement is welcome.

Thanks

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Mar 28 2019, 9:40 am
The zero point proteins are a bit much, if you ask me. I liked WW before this Freestyle (can't remember what they called it) and was very successful, for the first time in my life. Stick to normal sized portions (e.g. 4 oz. chicken) and you should be OK. Even if u eat 6oz! Or, maybe you could research how many points some of the zero point foods now were in the past. Hatzlocha!

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 12:25 pm
keep track of what and how much u eat. I know ww promotes that u dont necessarily have to write down how much f the zero points foods you consume- but please DO write approximate portions sizes down.

I love the new programme and im sucessful, I believe you can learn to eat a healthy balanced diet via the programme, which is what I would like to aceve. I rather lose weight slowly and steadily and keep it off, tahn a quick very restrictive diet. to eahc their own Smile

there are excellent recipes , even shabbes and yontef are managable and you dont sick out beacuse you do eat yummy real food.

im very lucky to have foudn an excellent coach and a really supportive group. it took me a while and I visited several different centers/sessions until I found what fit s me most. I believe 75% of my sucess was due to the gentle weekly a'brainwash' . I love the meetings and look forward to meetning my 'friends' there and keep up with our sucesses and 'failures'.

so basically
1) get acquainted with the system
2) find reciepes that you like, enjoying the meals is key Wink
3) PLAN and keep track of what and how much you consume (this is tricky in the beginning but becomes second nature after some weeks)
4)always have snacks around and take along food with you: if someone brings a chocolate cake to a meeting and you are hungry and have no alternative at hand chances are high that you will fall into the trap. if you have pineapple, pomeganate, your favorite veggies or even a delicious low point muffin with you and if you ate veggy soup or chicket before, you can resist temtations easier. even if you take a bit of the cake and want to taste it thats fine., its not forbidden, but you will have eaten ONE PIECE Smile
4) try to keep the journmey enjoyable, reward yourself with selfcare etc

hazlacha Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise