Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Being short rant
1  2  3  Next

Beingreal

Post Thu, Mar 28 2019, 11:20 am
Sometimes I don't like to be so short. I went shopping this morning and half the items I needed were up so high! There was nobody around to help me, and besides I feel embarrassed to ask for help. Needed to get that off my chest....thanks! Very Happy

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Mar 28 2019, 11:23 am
I'm pretty short and bh bh it never bothered me. Bh I'm not embarrassed to ask the workers at the stores to reach things for me.

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Mar 28 2019, 11:33 am
I’m five foot three and have been asked
To reach for things I’m happy to help
My grandma was 4 foot 11 and my grandfather was six foot four she would stand on something when they took pictures

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Mar 28 2019, 11:34 am
I'm 5'2". If I have my sheitel on. I wish so much I was tall. Not so tall that I towered over most guys. But to me even to be 5'6" would be tall and amazing.

Beingreal

Post Thu, Mar 28 2019, 11:37 am
Op here ok, so now I feel dumb for ranting...I am 4"9 by the way...

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Mar 28 2019, 11:51 am
Tall here. Always happy to help pull things from shelf.
Hate that all skirts are too short for me.

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Mar 28 2019, 11:52 am
I can manage the logistics of being short. It's the "you're so cute" attitude I can't stand.

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Mar 28 2019, 11:56 am
Beingreal wrote:
Op here ok, so now I feel dumb for ranting...I am 4"9 by the way...

4”9 is really short... Hug thank you for making me feel tall at barely 5 ft!

Are your parents/ siblings all short?

Beingreal

Post Thu, Mar 28 2019, 12:01 pm
No but my grandparents were.My dh is 5"4. I once went out with a boy who was 6 feet. I didnt say no because of that btw..

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Mar 28 2019, 12:02 pm
I’m 5’9 . I help people all the time reach high up items ! Sorry I wasn’t around to help you

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Mar 28 2019, 12:03 pm
BeingReal! Is this something that you are blaming your mother for today? Smile

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Mar 28 2019, 12:08 pm
I'm 4'10" so I relate.
I don't mind asking people to reach things at the store because they're total strangers.
But standing around shmoozing at a Kiddush, I feel like I'm up to everyone's belly buttons or something.
When I was younger, I would wear heels always. Now my feet can't tolerate heels for too long.
When my 12 yr old hit 4 10 and is not done growing, I was so happy for her.

Beingreal

Post Thu, Mar 28 2019, 12:11 pm
No, not blaming my mother. ;l .or anyone! .just wish in fantasyland I was a liitle taller...I used to daven to Hashem when I was a kid to be tall...Smile

Thanks royalblue for offering to help!

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Mar 28 2019, 12:16 pm
I'm 4'10". The store didn't have a grabber thingy? Anyway, being short comes with its annoyances, but honestly, I find being left handed way more frustrating than being short LOL

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Mar 28 2019, 12:19 pm
I'm short and so is my husband. My kids blame me for marrying someone so short because they have no hope! It is a handicap sometimes, but didn't realize it until I saw how much easier things could be with just a few more inches. The hardest is for my daughter in shidduchim~someone keeps giving information that she's tiiiiiny ! Mothers don't like to hear that!

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Mar 28 2019, 12:21 pm
amother wrote:
I can manage the logistics of being short. It's the "you're so cute" attitude I can't stand.

What’s wrong with being cute? I’m just about 5’4” and people tell me I’m cute all the time. Some people are just cute. Nothing to do with being short.

Undefined

Post Thu, Mar 28 2019, 12:22 pm
I often climb the shelves when there's no one around to help me. Hey, if there's no one there to help there's also no one around to complain I'm climbing Wink

Beingreal

Post Thu, Mar 28 2019, 12:25 pm
Someone once called my mother during shidduchim and asked if
I was a midget.

Thamks for making me feel better!

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Mar 28 2019, 12:47 pm
Beingreal wrote:
Sometimes I don't like to be so short. I went shopping this morning and half the items I needed were up so high! There was nobody around to help me, and besides I feel embarrassed to ask for help. Needed to get that off my chest....thanks! Very Happy

Oh! That's my job! I even take the stuff down for the employees at the store ! That's what happens when you are six feet tall. But trust me , bumping your head often is no fun either 😀

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Mar 28 2019, 12:51 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
What’s wrong with being cute? I’m just about 5’4” and people tell me I’m cute all the time. Some people are just cute. Nothing to do with being short.

I'm a grandmother. That's too old for cute. I have a Ph.D but sometimes get dismissed when talking about my field because I'm cute.

Once you are out of pigtails and Mary Janes, cute is just not appropriate.

And I'm 5 foot 1. 5'4" is a whole other planet.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette