Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Quilt Storage

penguin

Post Sat, Mar 30 2019, 9:56 pm
I am tired of having the spare comforters sitting around getting dusty. I realize now I should have saved those zipped plastic bags they came in... okay, can you buy such a thing? Should I just put them into garbage bags?

penguin

Post Sat, Mar 30 2019, 10:34 pm
Ah. Thank you. Now kicking myself I threw out the bags they came in. Look how much I could have saved! But, NO! Do not encourage self to hoard! Okay!

dankbar

Post Sat, Mar 30 2019, 10:37 pm
I bought by ikea a pretty white fabric holder with zipper for my extra fuzzy blankets for $6.

SingALong

Post Sat, Mar 30 2019, 11:05 pm
I put mine and extra pillows in space saver vacuum bags, they are amazing! Th stop shelf of my linen closet previously fir only 2 blankets and 2 pillows. With the space saver bags I’m able to keep at least double that amount up there! I love those bags

penguin

Post Sat, Mar 30 2019, 11:09 pm
Very interesting information here.

However, what happens when you take a quilt out of a vacuum bag? Does it take a long time to fluff up?

In other words, do you now have a very flat quilt which doesn't trap enough air to be very warm, I'm wondering? As in, if you get last minute guests & didn't get a day's notice, do you have enough time to properly prepare their beds?

I know when I buy a memory foam mattress topper, it takes a day to emerge from its flat state, but probably those are shrunk with more heavy-duty commerical machinery.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 6:52 pm
It looks like fluffy quilts should not be stored in vacuum bags and that roll up bags are a better option.
I've seen them at a local store for about $3-4 each and they're very big.
https://themvacuums.com/vacuum.....thes/

penguin

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 2:47 pm
Great, thank you, ra_mom & everyone else. I ordered regular breathable boxes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics