Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Niagara for Chol Hamoed
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 5:32 pm
andrea levy wrote:
I apologize that I misunderstood and answered in an unpleasant way. This thread feels very unpleasant in general and I let it get the best of me.

Apology accepted. Im an old timer here, and I never saw any of your posts as demeaning.

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 7:16 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
Thanks for the recommendations!

How did you benefit from Chabad if you brought all your food?

Whats still available from Chabad, outside of food?

Is this the "6417 Main St, Niagara Falls, ON L2G 3W2, Canada" location, that everyone is talking about? Is there more than one Chabad Niagara?

This might be a stupid question, but here goes:

Do you have to pay to daven with Chabad at the above location?

Just btw my father did give a generous donation to the Chabbad house at one of the teffilot - as he can bh afford to and does whenever he travels and benefits from them in some way.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 7:55 pm
Can you take along those packaged deli meats?

1untamedgirl

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 8:09 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
I’m not chabad so I have no biases here, but they are amazingly giving, in literally every location in the world.
The poster who keeps bashing chabad making up ridiculous scenarios like rabbi Saltzman not letting in a child with a feeding tube is beyond comical. Like I said before, The Saltzman’s are incredible, generous, kind people.
Their entire life is dedicated to helping people. It really disturbs me that a poster here is being so nasty about the most Erlich, generous people that she never even met.
I have benefited from chabad every time I go to Niagara Falls. Like Andrea recommends take advantage of chabads generosity, they will help with anything you need!

No one has criticized the Rabbi himself or Chabad for that matter. I personally never mentioned him and think that Chabad does fantastic work across the world. However, this food event is a business and is subject to criticism just like any other business. If you have a business then anyone can critique it. It's not personal, its business. That is our rights as consumers, to speak up about policies that could be discriminatory, critique the food in general, boycott, etc. Not sure why anonymous amothers think that Jewish businesses (or maybe its just Chabad businesses?) aren't subject to criticism just like any other business that provide services to the public. Not sure why anonymous amothers think its okay to put words into my mouth or try to stop me from speaking up but whatever, this is one of the most hostile websites I've been on so I am used to seeing this kind of attacks and distortions by anonymous amothers. Sad.
And now that I have said what I needed to say, I go back to my silence and watch as anonymous amothers continue to attack me for no reason other than speaking up about a business policy. Have at it Hiding Bring it on Not listening Shame on you

shyshira

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 8:20 pm
1untamedgirl wrote:
No one has criticized the Rabbi himself or Chabad for that matter. I personally never mentioned him and think that Chabad does fantastic work across the world. However, this food event is a business and is subject to criticism just like any other business. If you have a business then anyone can critique it. It's not personal, its business. That is our rights as consumers, to speak up about policies that could be discriminatory, critique the food in general, boycott, etc. Not sure why anonymous amothers think that Jewish businesses (or maybe its just Chabad businesses?) aren't subject to criticism just like any other business that provide services to the public. Not sure why anonymous amothers think its okay to put words into my mouth or try to stop me from speaking up but whatever, this is one of the most hostile websites I've been on so I am used to seeing this kind of attacks and distortions by anonymous amothers. Sad.
And now that I have said what I needed to say, I go back to my silence and watch as anonymous amothers continue to attack me for no reason other than speaking up about a business policy. Have at it Hiding Bring it on Not listening Shame on you

You used the word "barbaric" with reference to how the meal program is being run at Chabad in Niagara, which is operated by the Chabad Rabbi. Help me understand how that is not a criticism of the Rabbi.

1untamedgirl

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 8:30 pm
shyshira wrote:
You used the word "barbaric" with reference to how the meal program is being run at Chabad in Niagara, which is operated by the Chabad Rabbi. Help me understand how that is not a criticism of the Rabbi.

The policy is barbaric. That is different than saying a person is barbaric. The Policy is barbaric, not the person. Please learn how to differentiate the two so that you don't conflate them again in the future.

shyshira

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 8:31 pm
1untamedgirl wrote:
The policy is barbaric. That is different than saying a person is barbaric. The Policy is barbaric, not the person. Please learn how to differentiate the two so that you don't conflate them again in the future.

The policy didn't write itself.

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 8:32 pm
It’s kind of whimpy to have no substantial defence to your nastiness, so you resort to attacking the fact that I am amother here. A little pathetic if you ask me.
I don’t have to excuse myself to you, because I’m sure you’ll find another nice person to knock, but I use my user name 95% of the time. I almost never go amother.
I did it here because I felt there might be comments I post that may “out” myself.

1untamedgirl

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 8:38 pm
shyshira wrote:
The policy didn't write itself.

Its still a policy and subject to criticism without any reference to the person or people behind it. Think about when your child does something you don't like, do you tell her that she is bad person or do you criticize her behavior without telling her that she is a terrible person? Same with business, you can criticize a policy without criticizing the person or people who may have written it (maybe they weren't thinking too deeply about how it will effect people or something but the policy is still subject to criticism without it being a personal attack on anyone).

shyshira

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 8:42 pm
1untamedgirl wrote:
Its still a policy and subject to criticism without any reference to the person or people behind it. Think about when your child does something you don't like, do you tell her that she is bad person or do you criticize her behavior without telling her that she is a terrible person? Same with business, you can criticize a policy without criticizing the person or people who may have written it (maybe they weren't thinking too deeply about how it will effect people or something but the policy is still subject to criticism without it being a personal attack on anyone).

If I show up to a party and somebody says "Wow that dress you are wearing is hideous " - are you suggesting they are in no way shape or form criticizing me?

1untamedgirl

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 8:44 pm
shyshira wrote:
If I show up to a party and somebody says "Wow that dress you are wearing is hideous " - are you suggesting they are in no way shape or form criticizing me?

No they are not but its erev Pesach and I have better things to do that to debate this with you. Good night and Chag Sameach.

shyshira

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 8:46 pm
1untamedgirl wrote:
No they are not but its erev Pesach and I have better things to do that to debate this with you. Good night and Chag Sameach.

You are wrong.

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 8:46 pm
1untamedgirl, Its almost funny how many times you said chag semiach and that you won't come back on the thread, yet you keep coming back and commenting again and again. LOL

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 10:41 pm
1untamedgirl wrote:

a) if you can call this policy barbaric with any seriousness at all, you clearly haven't been exposed to much in life (good for you)

b) your rudeness here is pretty much unparalleled, and there are many contenders, but you have surpassed them all

c) Chabad is most certainly not a business. It's laughable that you're referring to it as such.

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 10:48 pm
This reminds me of one chol hamoed there was a huge line at the rides. After 45 minutes it was finally our turn and we got on the ride. A women comes out of nowhere, shoves us aside, and sits down on the ride with her down syndrome daughter. I calmy told her that there's a line and we waited for very long. She started screaming "you'll really make a child with down syndrome wait in line? What's wrong with you?? And so on. So I calmy said that if she would come to me and explained nicely that her daughter has a hard time waiting in line if we can please let her go ahead, I would have no problem. But she just came and shoved us away, sorry lady that's just not the way to go. She stormed off cursing us.
So tell me, was I being barbaric?? Or this women entitled?? Having a disabled family member doesn't automatically give you right of way & give you the right to be entitled.

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 1:07 am
It seems like Niagara will be rainy this coming Chol Hamoed.

Will that change many peoples choice of Chol Hamoed vacation spot?

https://weather.com/weather/te.....:1:CA

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 3:40 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
This reminds me of one chol hamoed there was a huge line at the rides. After 45 minutes it was finally our turn and we got on the ride. A women comes out of nowhere, shoves us aside, and sits down on the ride with her down syndrome daughter. I calmy told her that there's a line and we waited for very long. She started screaming "you'll really make a child with down syndrome wait in line? What's wrong with you?? And so on. So I calmy said that if she would come to me and explained nicely that her daughter has a hard time waiting in line if we can please let her go ahead, I would have no problem. But she just came and shoved us away, sorry lady that's just not the way to go. She stormed off cursing us.
So tell me, was I being barbaric?? Or this women entitled?? Having a disabled family member doesn't automatically give you right of way & give you the right to be entitled.

If its a ride or swing specifically for handicapped people then you are required to let them go ahead of you. You also cannot park in the handicapped spots no matter how long you waited for a spot. And you have to get up for handicapped people on the bus as well so not sure why able-bodied people think they are entitled to tell disabled people to wait their turn or go to the back of the line when these things are specifically designed to make life easier for handicapped people. And its ok to teach your healthy able-bodied children that they be kind to the disabled and let the disabled get ahead since they have so little going for them in the first place. You should never know what its like to be disabled and have to deal with rude able-bodied people who disregard the rights and needs of the disabled.

Metukah

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 5:35 pm
1untamedgirl wrote:

He has 200 spaces. If every family of 8 only pays for 6, he loses 50 paying customers?

Your expectations are barbaric.

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 5:40 pm
Are Mods gonna let this ridiculous thread that went off on a tangent bigtime, go on and on?

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 5:49 pm
Amother saddlebrown, it was a regular ride, not a handicapped. Do you really think I have no common sense? And btw, chai lifeline had rented out that amusement park for the day, so every person in that line had a disabled family member. No one disregarded anyone's rights. And what makes you think that people with a down syndrome child or a disabiled child have "so little going for them?" That's just not true bh. We have so much going for us and a wonderful life bh bh.
I wrote on my post that I would have let her go ahead had she asked and talked in a proper manner. But she just shoved us aside, she does not deserve my respect.
Page 6 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics