Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Niagara for Chol Hamoed
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 6:57 am
Quote:
for the record, whoever leads the minyan is the nusach they follow. my son (mod orth) led regularly when he worked for me. there is no regular leader. avelim get priority then others.

during chol hamoed there are so many minyans and they will all be led by different men. I am unaware of any hotels that have minyanim scheduled.

rabbi zaltzman knows niagara like the back of his hand. he gets the best prices on hotels and supports the niagara community (which is very not frum and he works hard to mekarev) which proceeds from tourist activity. it costs him a FORTUNE to run kosher food in niagara falls. I think $40 a person is VERY fair.

Anyone who knows my history knows that I know what I am talking about here.

Andrea, thanks for this info, it's very helpful. I do just want to clarify that when I said I wasn't planning on doing the Chabad activities because they cost a ton, I didn't mean that the price is unreasonable for what they are/where they are. Just that our family is on a very tight budget so we won't be doing the touristy stuff. We'll be doing whatever's free or very low cost. And we bring our own food whenever we go somewhere Chol Hamoed. Matzah, avocado, cream cheese, sliced cheese, salad, yogurt is fine for us. Sometimes we'll bring a burner and put down lots of aluminum foil, and make scrambled eggs.

I'm really surprised at the obnoxious entitled attitudes of some people on this thread, I can only assume everyone's getting grouchy from all the Pesach cleaning?? Chill guys!

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 7:48 am
1untamedgirl, why would they believe you over anyone else that you have allergies? Every other person can claim they have food restrictions to weasle themselves in for free. A policy is a policy. And if you think you need a special exception, talk to the manager about it instead of bashing the policy on a public forum.

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 7:51 am
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
Quote:
for the record, whoever leads the minyan is the nusach they follow. my son (mod orth) led regularly when he worked for me. there is no regular leader. avelim get priority then others.

during chol hamoed there are so many minyans and they will all be led by different men. I am unaware of any hotels that have minyanim scheduled.

rabbi zaltzman knows niagara like the back of his hand. he gets the best prices on hotels and supports the niagara community (which is very not frum and he works hard to mekarev) which proceeds from tourist activity. it costs him a FORTUNE to run kosher food in niagara falls. I think $40 a person is VERY fair.

Anyone who knows my history knows that I know what I am talking about here.

Andrea, thanks for this info, it's very helpful. I do just want to clarify that when I said I wasn't planning on doing the Chabad activities because they cost a ton, I didn't mean that the price is unreasonable for what they are/where they are. Just that our family is on a very tight budget so we won't be doing the touristy stuff. We'll be doing whatever's free or very low cost. And we bring our own food whenever we go somewhere Chol Hamoed. Matzah, avocado, cream cheese, sliced cheese, salad, yogurt is fine for us. Sometimes we'll bring a burner and put down lots of aluminum foil, and make scrambled eggs.

I'm really surprised at the obnoxious entitled attitudes of some people on this thread, I can only assume everyone's getting grouchy from all the Pesach cleaning?? Chill guys!

Chag sameach! There is a ton to do in Niagara Falls!

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 7:54 am
Edited for my own bad behaviour.

Last edited by Chana Miriam S on Thu, Apr 11 2019, 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 8:13 am
This is one of the most ridiculous conversations I have ever read. If the meal ticket policy actually affects you negatively, call them up and ask what could be done. If it doesn't actually affect you then why are you badmouthing a wonderful organization? Niagara Falls are fun, the Zaltzmans are wonderful, the food is yummy, Pesach is exciting, why on earth would you be so bitter and rude about something that can probably be figured out with a polite phone conversation?

giselle

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 8:20 am
doctorima wrote:
Yes, as long as you're driving. If flying, I believe even kids need a passport. Also, the birth certificate must be an original, not a photocopy.

Stop sticking to the topic.

Wink

giselle

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 8:22 am
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
And your post sounded very entitled.

What’s with imamother and accusing everyone of being entitled? Usually hiding behind amother.

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 8:24 am
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
If people dont want to spend this kind of money on meals (they may not even like), what are they taking along to eat for (adults)

breakfast

lunch and

suppers,

and if they want to reheat supper how will they reheat?

We did niagra last year. We don’t mish and many others there didn’t either. We were beyond impressed with Chabbad there and all the things they organized,!it was a blast.

We brought burners to make eggs in the morning, a toaster oven big enuf for 2 9*13 for the night with ready food in pans to heat up from home, one night we bbqd. We have to do this because we don’t mish and we were a big crowd so FOR US the Chabbad prices, that are very reasonable, would add up to too much.

Like a previous poster listed we brought snacks and yogurts and knives etc. big schlepp but we really enjoyed it!

1untamedgirl

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 9:36 am
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
1untamedgirl, why would they believe you over anyone else that you have allergies? Every other person can claim they have food restrictions to weasle themselves in for free. A policy is a policy. And if you think you need a special exception, talk to the manager about it instead of bashing the policy on a public forum.

Tell the kid with the feeding tube or the autistic kid that won't eat anything that they have to sit outside by themselves. Banging head But whatever. I am done with all the attacks from amothers who are clueless and ignorant about people who have disabilities. I won't be responding to any other attacks on this thread so go clean your house or something and move on with your life. Enjoy your Pesach.

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 9:41 am
1untamedgirl, if you have a child with a feeding tube or disability, TALK TO THE MANAGEMENT!! I'm sure they will accommodate you. (If you talk to them respectful). Bashing their policy on here won't be of any help! No one is clueless about people with disabilities, but your sense of entitlement is astounding. Having a child with disabilities doesn't automatically make you exempt of any policies & rules. You need to notify them before to make the proper arrangements.

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 9:46 am
andrea levy wrote:
How would you reheat your own food? Get a grip!

At home, I reheat in my oven. Im not at home. And whatever toaster ovens I may have for use when I travel, are Chometz. Which means I have to buy something for Pesach, and Im looking for recommendations.

So sorry if the question offended you, sheesh!

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 9:49 am
1untamedgirl wrote:
Tell the kid with the feeding tube or the autistic kid that won't eat anything that they have to sit outside by themselves. Banging head But whatever. I am done with all the attacks from amothers who are clueless and ignorant about people who have disabilities. I won't be responding to any other attacks on this thread so go clean your house or something and move on with your life. Enjoy your Pesach.

Earlier you said you couldn't understand why anybody would pay these prices for meals. So this is really a major nonissue - as nobody should be purchasing these meals.

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 9:54 am
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
We did niagra last year. We don’t mish and many others there didn’t either. We were beyond impressed with Chabbad there and all the things they organized,!it was a blast.

Thanks for the recommendations!

How did you benefit from Chabad if you brought all your food?

Whats still available from Chabad, outside of food?

Is this the "6417 Main St, Niagara Falls, ON L2G 3W2, Canada" location, that everyone is talking about? Is there more than one Chabad Niagara?

This might be a stupid question, but here goes:

Do you have to pay to daven with Chabad at the above location?

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 9:58 am
If you buy tickets to attractions through chabad, they come out cheaper. Chabad also arranged separate hours for the indoor waterpark. No, you do not have to pay to daven with them.
Check out jewishniagara.com for all info you need.

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 10:22 am

Is this the "6417 Main St, Niagara Falls, ON L2G 3W2, Canada" location, that everyone is talking about? Is there more than one Chabad Niagara?

The minyanim.
I believe someone in our groups used the Mikva not sure if it was women’s or the men were just discussing theirs...
We got tickets to some places through them. They rented a hotels indoor water park and had separate boys and girls hours.... they had a special showing of the imax where they covered the one kiss lol- it’s was so fun to go to the theater with a full house of Jews and we wouldn’t have done the imax otherwise.

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 1:36 pm
At home, I reheat in my oven. Im not at home. And whatever toaster ovens I may have for use when I travel, are Chometz. Which means I have to buy something for Pesach, and Im looking for recommendations.

So sorry if the question offended you, sheesh!

You were specifically saying how would you reheat Chabad food? Isn’t this the same as whatever food you’d bring? I’m not offended. I can’t understand what your issue is.

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 4:45 pm
andrea levy wrote:
You were specifically saying how would you reheat Chabad food? Isn’t this the same as whatever food you’d bring? I’m not offended. I can’t understand what your issue is.

If people dont want to spend this kind of money on meals (they may not even like), what are they taking along to eat for (adults)

breakfast

lunch and

suppers,

and if they want to reheat supper how will they reheat?

Who said anything about reheating Chabad food????????

And even if I had, why the nasty answer?

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 5:10 pm
Who said anything about reheating Chabad food????????

And even if I had, why the nasty answer?

I apologize that I misunderstood and answered in an unpleasant way. This thread feels very unpleasant in general and I let it get the best of me.

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 5:14 pm

Nothing required. It is customary for many to donate over their trip. He spends a fortune getting everything ready for visitors. There’s a mortgage to pay. It is appreciated. He is making it possible for Frum Jews to have something where there is otherwise nothing.

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 5:21 pm
I’m not chabad so I have no biases here, but they are amazingly giving, in literally every location in the world.
The poster who keeps bashing chabad making up ridiculous scenarios like rabbi Saltzman not letting in a child with a feeding tube is beyond comical. Like I said before, The Saltzman’s are incredible, generous, kind people.
Their entire life is dedicated to helping people. It really disturbs me that a poster here is being so nasty about the most Erlich, generous people that she never even met.
I have benefited from chabad every time I go to Niagara Falls. Like Andrea recommends take advantage of chabads generosity, they will help with anything you need!
Page 5 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics