Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
How to minimize MMR complications
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sat, Mar 30 2019, 11:14 pm
[IMHO, the right way to convince someone of something is not to ignore their concerns, put massive societal pressure, or scream at them.]

In that vein, I am sharing some information on ways to minimize side effects of vaccination, especially as regards the MMR.

Although measles is arguably the most effective vaccine, and the most contagious wild virus, it is also the vaccine linked to the most negative side effects - and I am not referring to autism diagnoses.

This leaves families in an area of outbreak only two responsible choices: Either rely on the fact that measles in a healthy child is rarely dangerous and deliberately expose them to measles, and place yourselves in quarantine until the measles is no longer contagious; or accept the MMR.

For those who feel that the latter is more palatable, there is a way to significantly lower the chances of negative repercussions from the vaccine.

Vitamin C, especially in the sodium ascorbate form, is well-known by natural-minded families for its incredible immune-system boosting capabilities. (Incidentally, as per the CRC, plain sodium ascorbate is acceptable without a hechsher.) If you take sufficient amounts of it during a cold, for example, you may notice that while your body has enough, symptoms disappear!

Your tolerance for Vitamin C increases dramatically as the body is stressed. Vaccination is obviously a very stressful event for the body. By preparing the body by dosing until tolerance level prior to and following the vaccine, the body's ability to rid itself of the toxins effectively is magnified.

("Tolerance" is defined as the beginnings of bowel involvement, like gas. Continuing to dose beyond this point will cause diarrhea for the body to rid itself of excess vitamin C, which is obviously not what you want!)

By trying it, you will notice that while a child might usually reach tolerance level after a quarter teaspoon of sodium ascorbate, after vaccination they might be able to tolerate twice that amount or more!

The doses should be spaced out, as the body uses up Vitamin C pretty quickly, as it is a water soluble vitamin.

Some also recommend using Vitamin A around the time of the MMR, which is also a good idea, and increases the likelihood of the measles part of the vaccine being effective.

(Here is a great article about this: http://orthomolecular.org/reso.....shtml)

May we all be blessed with good health for ourselves and our families, and for Klal Yisrael!

amother
Silver

Post Sat, Mar 30 2019, 11:45 pm
amother wrote:

Vitamin C, especially in the sodium ascorbate form, is well-known by natural-minded families for its incredible immune-system boosting capabilities. (Incidentally, as per the CRC, plain sodium ascorbate is acceptable without a hechsher.) If you take sufficient amounts of it during a cold, for example, you may notice that while your body has enough, symptoms disappear!

Your tolerance for Vitamin C increases dramatically as the body is stressed. Vaccination is obviously a very stressful event for the body. By preparing the body by dosing until tolerance level prior to and following the vaccine, the body's ability to rid itself of the toxins effectively is magnified.

This is not obvious to me. How would I perceive this?

southernbubby

Post Sat, Mar 30 2019, 11:49 pm
I got vaccinated yesterday and have not noticed anything yet. Am I supposed to?

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 12:10 am
amother wrote:

If you would educate yourself about the amount of toxins in vaccines, you wouldn’t be asking this.

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 12:11 am
Thank you so much op for this information.

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 12:13 am
amother wrote:
If you would educate yourself about the amount of toxins in vaccines, you wouldn’t be asking this.

If it requires me to educate myself - then its not obvious.

ectomorph

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 12:13 am
Vitamin C in high doses causes miscarriage.

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 12:15 am
amother wrote:
If it requires me to educate myself - then its not obvious.

So you’ve never before heard anything about toxins in vaccines? Rolling Eyes

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 12:17 am
ectomorph wrote:
Vitamin C in high doses causes miscarriage.

All supplements, especially in high doses, should be taken under Dr supervision. However, if we're discussing the MMR, we're not discussing miscarriage risks because that vaccine can not be taken while pregnant

flowerpower

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 12:20 am
Why are you anonymous? What are you embarrassed about?

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 12:21 am
amother wrote:
So you’ve never before heard anything about toxins in vaccines? Rolling Eyes

I just don't agree with this statement.

Quote:
Vaccination is obviously a very stressful event for the body.

Its not obvious.

Sebastian

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 12:25 am
I think my body would be more stressed getting measles than the MMR. And since you said measles aren't dangerous for a healthy person....

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 1:41 am
amother wrote:
well-known by natural-minded families for its incredible immune-system boosting capabilities.

Medically you cannot really "boost" your immune system. Eating a balanced diet with lots of fruits and veggies, minimizing stress, getting sunshine, spending time with friends and family, sleeping and exercising help your immune system work the way it should. Your immune system is not a single entity - it is a complex system - comprised of different cells that have different functions (I.e. some fight viruses, some bacteria, some identify viruses to tell the system which cells to use to fight it, etc.).

"Boosting" your immune system would be the equivalent of giving yourself an allergic reaction, bad cold ch'v or very sore muscles. Individuals with auto immune diseases have immune systems that are very effective and boosted - but unfortunately just focus on one area and often ignore others.

Last edited by amother on Fri, Dec 04 2020, 3:12 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 2:16 am
Sebastian wrote:
I think my body would be more stressed getting measles than the MMR. And since you said measles aren't dangerous for a healthy person....

This! I was on the fence ant giving my medically fragile child vaccines. Discussed it with my friend, a picu dr (upon many other drs) who said your dc getting the flu, measles etc will stress him out/ push him over the edge more than anything else.
So we bh gave, on a delayed schedule to accommodate his surgical needs etc, and bh bh no adverse reaction.

pknt

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 2:21 am
Thank you for the post OP!! Very useful!!

WastingTime

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 4:57 am
🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 7:54 am
amother wrote:

I apologize, you are correct. It is presumptuous to assume, in a very broad audience, that any given piece of information is necessarily basic or obvious. I should have said "well-known."

Stress on the body is quite common. Temperature extremes or swings, illness, or generalized lifestyle stresses are some of the common causes of stress.

Vaccination is functionally DESIGNED to stress the body. In addition to the inactivated virus cells, it includes adjuvants (a type of toxin) which provoke the body to mount an immune response, creating antibodies which will give it immunity to the measles in this case. That's a good thing! Some of the most common side effects (which are benign, incidentally) are swelling and fever - signs that the body is doing its job.

Those who are so upset about this post - I wonder why. It isn't good enough to vaccinate, you must also believe that vaccination is completely risk-free? Does the vaccine not otherwise work, or is anything other than blind faith threatening to you?

Most who take the MMR will have few to no side effects. Fact. However, most healthy people who have measles will ALSO have no lasting effects. Fact. (Even per the CDC, there were estimated 1 out of 10,000 deaths from measles before the vaccine was introduced. 4,000,000 cases annually and 400 deaths. This presumably included infants and immunocompromised persons.)

Still, as mentioned, if you do not want to purposely give your child the measles (few do), the vaccine is the logical conclusion.

So for those who are apprehensive about vaccinating but feel it is a necessary evil might be happy to hear that there are ways to minimize even those small risks.

If you take issue with calling Vitamin C an immune-system booster, let's rephrase it. Vitamin C in large doses known to help the body rid itself of toxins sooner. There are various studies involving large-dose Vitamin C or IVC (intravenous vitamin C), quite a few of which indicate that it is beneficial in various situations. I suggest you look them up.

For me personally, seeing how vitamin C helps ME was as incredible as reading TCOYF.

If you feel that vaccination is no problem, feel free to ignore this post. If you are hesitant about vaccinating, this information might be helpful for you to feel more confident about doing it.

NovelConcept

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 9:06 am
I'm just curious what you recommend doing to rid our bodies of all toxins, seeing as we are exposed to 30-50 thousand other chemicals in life. Basically everything, everywhere is contaminated with some sort of "toxin." That includes drinking water and soil.

This world is polluted. Fact.

Pretty hard to completely escape life and detox from everything.

Don't get me wrong; I'm all for trying our best, but you have to live in reality.
Choose stainless steel pots over Teflon-coated.
Choose fruits and veggies over fried snacks on a daily basis.
And so on and so forth.

But you can't stop breathing. You can't stop drinking or eating.

And sometimes, you just have to take the best of the options presented, such as with vaccines (for the average person).

IMO, detoxing is a bunch of baloney. And in fact, more stressful to the body than gradual health-betterment changes.

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 9:47 am
amother wrote:
I apologize, you are correct. It is presumptuous to assume, in a very broad audience, that any given piece of information is necessarily basic or obvious. I should have said "well-known."

Stress on the body is quite common. Temperature extremes or swings, illness, or generalized lifestyle stresses are some of the common causes of stress.

Vaccination is functionally DESIGNED to stress the body. In addition to the inactivated virus cells, it includes adjuvants (a type of toxin) which provoke the body to mount an immune response, creating antibodies which will give it immunity to the measles in this case. That's a good thing! Some of the most common side effects (which are benign, incidentally) are swelling and fever - signs that the body is doing its job.

Those who are so upset about this post - I wonder why. It isn't good enough to vaccinate, you must also believe that vaccination is completely risk-free? Does the vaccine not otherwise work, or is anything other than blind belief threatening to you?

Words matter.

I'm happy to take education about the usefulness in Vitamin C. But when you start to tell me things are obvious when they are not - I feel like I'm reading quackery.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 10:07 am
Why all the negative responses????

It is well-known that vaccines can cause fever, inflammation, crankiness and more rarely seizures, low platelet count, and difficulty breathing. It's listed as possible side effects to be on the lookout for after the MMR. Any responsible doctor will tell you what is to be expected and what is cause for concern before administering the shot.

Thank you, OP. I already gave the MMR to all my unvaccinated children and gave them some Vitamin C, not nearly as much as you're advocating. Half of my kids had no side effects except soreness at the site of injection but the other half had a variety of side effects such as fever and rash. BH no lasting side effects AFAIcan tell.

And also, OP, I've learned in the last couple of weeks that the mindset of many who vaccinate is not that "this is what we need to do to protect our kids from these diseases" or that "vaccines are unavoidable unsafe and therefore I want to give the least that are necessary."
The attitude of many who vaccinate is "why not? The more the merrier" and that not only are vaccines not harmful or possibly dangerous in any way but "vaccines make you healthier" and that how effective the vaccine is barely weighs in on their decision to give it because they see nothing problematic with the vaccine, so for even that 1% chance of it working, "why not?" If you're getting something for free that might maybe be useful or helpful to you, first you take it, right? Unless you see that something free is actually a gun.

It's a whole different mindset than those of us who've come to the conclusion that as helpful as vaccines may be, there's too much wrong with them to embrace them wholeheartedly with no questions asked.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics