Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Bklyn restaurants with evidence of mice

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 4:45 am
A small percentage of restaurants in Brooklyn (both Kosher and non Kosher, so we cant yell anti-semitism) were found by the NYC Dept. of Health to have evidence of live mice and roaches, etc. and/or other unsanitary conditions.

One of the most popular places has this record:

5 violations
no grade issued.
Last inspected:
09/27/2018

Critical Violations
04L: Evidence of mice or live mice present in facility’s food and/or non-food areas.

06D: Food contact surface not properly washed, rinsed and sanitized after each use and following any activity when contamination may have occurred.

04N: Filth flies or food/refuse/ sewage-associated (FRSA) flies in facility’s food and/ or non-food areas. Filth flies include house flies, little house flies, blow flies, bottle flies and flesh flies. Food/refuse/sewage associated flies include fruit flies, drain flies and Phorid flies.

Non-Critical Violations
08A: Facility not vermin proof. Harborage or conditions conducive to attracting vermin to the premises and/or allowing vermin to exist.

10F: Non-food contact surface improperly constructed. Unacceptable material used. Non-food contact surface or equipment improperly maintained and/or not properly sealed, raised, spaced or movable to allow accessibility for cleaning on all sides, above and underneath the unit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do we want to know about this?

https://labs.enigma.com/nyc-re.....ades/

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 5:00 am
Which stores?

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 5:04 am
amother wrote:
Which stores?

See link and search by name and neighborhood for individual restaurants.

If Id give you any names, Id be attacked.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 6:25 am
I don't want to look. My stomach can't handle it. Can't Believe It But I check the rating before entering an establishment. Grade pending is a huge red flag.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 6:29 am
Ratings don’t mean anything to me.
There are dirty restaurants with A ratings, and food establishments that appear clean with lower ratings (Klein’s ice cream store comes to mind).
I’ve seen restaurant employees wearing gloves-giving the appearance of being hygienic-using their germy cell phone with same gloves and then touching the food with the same gloves.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 7:25 am
What's surprising to me is that from the few establishments I checked based on this link, some scored an A yet still have violations, INCLUDING evidence of mice...

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 8:19 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
What's surprising to me is that from the few establishments I checked based on this link, some scored an A yet still have violations, INCLUDING evidence of mice...

Yes, which is exactly why ratings are meaningless.
I assume that the Health department gives the establishment a chance to address the violation.
They come to inspect the place again and give them the A rating.
The day after the inspection things condition could be as horrible as they were before the inspection but the A rating is displayed, giving a false impression of sanitary conditions.

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 12:48 pm
amother wrote:
Yes, which is exactly why ratings are meaningless.
I assume that the Health department gives the establishment a chance to address the violation.
They come to inspect the place again and give them the A rating.
The day after the inspection things condition could be as horrible as they were before the inspection but the A rating is displayed, giving a false impression of sanitary conditions.

Im sure there are degrees that arent that simple to see in one page. Its probably sort of like explaining Hilchos Kashrus to a non-Jew or teaching any language to someone who has never heard it spoken before. Im sure the Board of Health has more reliability that non-reliability. It cant be a total joke or disgruntled angry employees would go to the media and tell the world. There are no secrets these days. If it was a senseless system, wed be made aware of that in the age of the internet.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 1:07 pm
amother wrote:
Im sure there are degrees that arent that simple to see in one page. Its probably sort of like explaining Hilchos Kashrus to a non-Jew or teaching any language to someone who has never heard it spoken before. Im sure the Board of Health has more reliability that non-reliability. It cant be a total joke or disgruntled angry employees would go to the media and tell the world. There are no secrets these days. If it was a senseless system, wed be made aware of that in the age of the internet.

These video clips do appear regularly.
Do a google/YouTube search if you want.

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 4:04 pm
I feel like puking. Quite a few I've checked have mice, flies, or roaches Sad

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 4:33 pm
amother wrote:
I feel like puking. Quite a few I've checked have mice, flies, or roaches Sad
Yum. And definitely more Kosher. And if anyone thinks the $2000 +++ per person Pesach programs aren’t a mix of the good the bad and the ugly, they’re mistaken.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries