Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Bas Mitzvah HELP!!

Soul on fire

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 4:34 pm
Can anyone tell me how to throw a bas mitzvah? My daughter will be 12 in Iyar and I am clueless. What is the easiest cheapest way to feed the guests? We are in NJ but like way south where very few frum Jews live. We live in a kiruv community right now. We will likely have it on a Sunday afternoon so our few out of town friends can come. And we will invite the community, which isn't too large. So...ideas? Oh and I don't think we can have dairy meals at the shul, and my daughter is pescatarian so I need some meatless options too. I know you can't really help me plan it but ideas on how you kept prices down for your own daughter's bas mitzvah would be great.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 4:39 pm
Find out if your daughter is comfortable having chicken/meat at her Bas Mitzvah - for any of the guests.

Sunday afternoon you could do pasta salad with salmon.

What a Bas Mitzvah looks like really varies by community. (Like will she speak in front of men?)

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 4:51 pm
You can do a build your own taco bar with fish instead of meat and have separate rice, regular and refried beans, salads, etc. -- http://ohthatstasty.com/recipe.....-bar/

I would suggest sushi as well but not sure of pricing in your area.

A baked potato bar could also work as well-- https://www.dishingdelish.com/.....deas/

Or you can do falafel with fish sticks and sweet potato fries as well but it would depend on what your daughter would want. Talk to her and see what she thinks.

DrMom

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 5:41 pm
Lots of the posts center around menu planning, but you don't necessarily have to have a sit down meal. You could do some sort of participatory tzedaka project, or bread-baking, etc.

Just throwing that out there.

Soul on fire

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 10:37 pm
DrMom wrote:
Lots of the posts center around menu planning, but you don't necessarily have to have a sit down meal. You could do some sort of participatory tzedaka project, or bread-baking, etc.

Just throwing that out there.

Her friends have had meals...she wants a meal and a cake. But I may try to get her to incorporate this idea too. Thanks!

advocate

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 10:49 pm
For one of my daughters we had a sort of open house (think Sunday kiddush!), and then her friends stayed and we had a project and a seudah.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 7:05 am
Why not comfy with meat? we did on shabbes for seudas mitsva
You can do a buffet with platters instead of sit down meal
You can negociate
Ask if she wants games. You can use a comp for music. My daughter didn't want "baby stuff" (games, video)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics