Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Weight loss program - recommendations?

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 4:28 pm
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a weight loss program that they did? Not like optavia, or noom or weight watchers, but one that involves personal consultations (with a dietician etc.., and is individualized)?

Has anyone tried Alan Freishtat's 10 weeks to better health program?

Please advise!

Thanks

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 4:29 pm
Btw, please no lashon hara. I'm only looking for positive experiences.

Thanks

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 5:20 pm
Which area are you located in?

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 8:55 am
I’m not in tri state area but there are programs via Skype so location should not be an issue.

Amalia

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 11:02 am
I am not the OP, but I have the same question. Thank you, OP, for posing it!

I am in Passaic.

I’ll be following this thread for leads, too, if OP does not mind.

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Apr 03 2019, 10:36 am
bump.

Any leads please?

Thanks!

(and sure thing Amalia, I don't mind at all)

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Apr 03 2019, 8:57 pm
I am not sure if I can help but I'll try.
I was looking for a nutritionist as well and ended up finding an amazing program called
'2be mindset'.
It's a program started by a registered dietician, Ilana Mulstein along with beachbody.
Ilana herself was heavy most of her life and lost 100 lbs on this diet.
In general it's more about a lifestyle change than a diet. She helps you with the 'emotional/mental' shift and the actual food. She gives you ratios of what to eat at each meal (no calorie counting etc).. explains how to shop for groceries, portion control, what to do at parties, eating out.. really prepares you for every scenario.
This is an online program that costs $120 (one time charge) and comes with 40 amazing videos that walk you through all the principles of the program plus cooking videos teaching you to make amazing foods that are on plan and how to read food labels.
You also get a nice big water bottle and a food tracker along with some other materials in the mail.
In addition, you get a coach. There is a frum coach as well and a frum group of women that have a video chat twice per week (this is optional but can help you work out yom tov, shabbos etc..) and your coach is available by email etc..
You can also follow Ilana on social media to see her posts etc..
I'm going anon but if you would be interested I would be happy to be in touch with you if you think this is something that can help you.
I started not that long ago after feeling like n/t was working for me. I have been losing 2lbs per week consistently, making way better food choices, feeling healthier and full the entire journey.. This program taught me how to enjoy veggies, drink tons of water and track what I eat to keep me accountable.

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 6:32 pm
thank you amother grey

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 6:36 pm
TLC- great program, amazing support, free I am on it for 4.5 yrs bh- its a jewish version of OA

pesek zman

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 7:40 pm
Noom
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise