Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Mortgage broker in Baltimore?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 2:08 pm
Any recommendations? Someone who will give me the best rate but is easy to work with

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 2:22 pm
Devorah Livni. Fulton mortgage company, Columbia Bank. Hands down the best. Frum lady who used to work at Chai Neighborhoods so she knows how they work ( if you plan on buying in the city that’s very helpful) and works with some realtors also. She managed to get me a mortgage with only 3% down and no PMI. I wont post her phone number here but if you post on fb in baltimommies, I will.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 2:54 pm
Thanks. I dont have Facebook but will Google her

Anyone else?

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 4:19 pm
Gabe Bensimon

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 4:29 pm
Ann Zeilingold of FM Home loans can do mortgages in Baltimore I believe.
845-354-9700

jd1212

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 4:57 pm
We love Joey Antar. He’s the sweetest and a real mensch who actually takes the time to explain the process step by step and shop around for you. He’s in NY but I know he works with people around the country over the phone. Feel free to PM me if you want me to connect you.

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 5:11 pm
OP, I very strongly recommend not using somebody who is not community-based in the actual city that you want to mortgage! For example, Devorah, Who I recommended of thread, was able to know exactly what different options were open to me and somebody not from the community would not have known that. For example, I moved onto a black that is considered a “majority minority” block. Many blocks in Park Heights qualify as such and I was able to get $1000 off of closing costs because of a grant offered only in Baltimore city for this. Baltimore city also has many requirements for programs and for first time homebuyers. And if you want a chai loan, you really need a local person. And again, only 3% down and no pmi!!! You cant beat that. Even the other Baltimore mortgage people could not get me such a deal.

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 7:27 pm
Gabe Bensimon
240-888-8808
In Columbia. Frum. Gives workshops for current or future homebuyers in Pikesville library. Knows about Baltimore. Very nice.

advocate

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 12:13 am
I strongly second Ginger's comment. Comps in the frum neighborhood must be identified by a local. Hatzlocha!

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 12:24 am
It's been quite a number of years, but we used Yitzi (Irv) Shnidman for our house in Baltimore. We were very satisfied. He found us a great rate despite our having a very poor credit rating.

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 11:45 am
We used Gabe Bensimon, but my brother used Shimmy Braun. Both are great.

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 11:47 am
Shimmy Braun

or

Irv Shnidman

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 12:48 am
amother wrote:
It's been quite a number of years, but we used Yitzi (Irv) Shnidman for our house in Baltimore. We were very satisfied. He found us a great rate despite our having a very poor credit rating.

We used him. I've never purchased a house before and no other experience in the process but he is very friendly and got back to us very quickly when we had questions about anything.

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 8:36 am
Sam Rosenblatt is who we used. He is fast, responsive, reliable, creative, great customer service, and all the Realtors love him because his pre-approval is reliable.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics