Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Finding a job as a dentist in Israel

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 4:15 pm
(Full disclosure: this question is not for personal purposes. I'm writing an article and want to include this point, if applicable. If you are a dentist in Israel or familiar with the field, I'd really appreciate an answer!)

How is the job market for foreign-trained dentists and orthodontists in Israel? How is the job market for dentists in general? Is there a high demand for English-speaking dentists in Israel?

The NBN site tells me that dentists are required to take licensing exams in Israel and that "most Olim in the field do successfully find employment either working in a health clinic or in private practice." Have you found this to be true?

Thank you very much!

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 3:13 am
Bump. Boker tov, Israelis Hi

2gether

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 4:57 am
I don't know about taking exams etc. But I know that there is a big shortage in the Kupot dentists, anybody has a guarteed job, but I can't imagine they pay too well, otherwise there wouldn't be such a shortage...

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 5:08 am
This is my own personal experience, having lived in 2 cities with high concentrations of English speakers. I would say that 90% of my English speaking friends pay privately to use English speaking dentists. There's a plethora in both of the cities I have lived in (Jerusalem and Bet Shemesh) and they all seem busy.

heidi

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 6:55 am
My friends who use kuppah dentists have not great experiences.
I use only private American trained dentists. As do 90% of my Anglo friends.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 10:05 am
Thank you so much! That’s very helpful! Much appreciated. If there are any dentists on here who can weigh in, I’d love that.

2gether

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 2:19 am
But do you actually all go private for you kids when you can get it free through the Kupah?!

abound

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 3:50 am
AI sometimes have no choice! It is insane how incompetent the free dentists are.

Aylat

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 4:26 am
I have a very good friend who is a dentist. The kupa working conditions and payment are appalling. She has had an awful time finding decent work. (I don't know if her experience is representative.)

Rappel

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 4:45 am
The same dentist might work private and for the kupah, but here's the catch:

The kupah doesn't pay the dentist enough to cover the cost of the usual materials used in the trade, so if the dentist wants any income, he must use the cheapest materials possible, and even then he doesn't make much.

If a dentist works a private practice, then he can afford to provide quality care, and also feel that it's worth his while.

It's a world of difference.

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 4:50 am
I and my kids all go thru the kuppa for all dental care.
I have found them to be competent and capable. Here and there we came across one we liked less, so we just switched.
If I had to do a very complicated procedure, then maybe I would go private.
The biggest disadvantage at the kupoa is the waiting time.
Braces I went private for all the kids. In any case, that's not a dentist but an orthodontist.

2gether

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 4:54 am
amother wrote:
I and my kids all go thru the kuppa for all dental care.
I have found them to be competent and capable. Here and there we came across one we liked less, so we just switched.
If I had to do a very complicated procedure, then maybe I would go private.
The biggest disadvantage at the kupoa is the waiting time.
Braces I went private for all the kids. In any case, that's not a dentist but an orthodontist.

which clinic do you use? where is it located?

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 5:26 am
2gether wrote:
which clinic do you use? where is it located?

I would rather not say, but I doubt there are any imamothers in my city. Not an anglo kind of place.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Apr 04 2019, 6:00 am
This is a spinoff question but I just heard that meuchet si offers 50% off on Braces if you use a meuchedet orthodontist. Has anyone tried this?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions