Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Wash clics/legos in washing machine or dishwasher?
1  2  Next

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 10:31 pm
I have a front loader washing machine, if it matters.
Which one is safer for the appliance? Washes toys better?

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 10:33 pm
Cant imagine any are good for these toys.
Put them in a bathtub.

kerem

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 10:35 pm
I find it easiest to put them in a mesh bag and wash in the machine.

thanks

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 10:35 pm
In the dishwasher.

gilamom

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 11:03 pm
Can I do this with magnatiles too?

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 11:20 pm
If something in the dishwasher, NOT in a front loader machine, it will break the machine.
Do not machine wash or submerge magnatiles, water will go in & they will never dry.

all is good

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 11:25 pm
Neither!!! Don't go crazy over cleaning your toys. Ask your LOR, but I have learned it is not necessary. Little specks of shmutz are not a problem. Just don't put the toys on your pesach counters or tables and you'll be fine! (That's what we were told, not making it up.)

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 11:29 pm
I never clean my toys for pesach.

creditcards

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 1:04 am
I put it in the bath when I bathe the kids. They play with it and it gets cleaned while they play with it in the bathtub. Then I let it dry overnight.

sky

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 1:13 am
I one put large LEGO (like duplo) I’m washing machine and some pieces were bent.

pizzapie

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 3:45 am
gilamom wrote:

I wipe down each magna tile with Clorox wipes. It sounds tedious but actually didn't take too long. And I have around 200 pieces.

someone

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 3:50 am
I use my washing machine (front loader). I have been doing it for the past few years and the machine and the toys are all fine.
And yes, for sure you don't have to do it for Pesach, to be honest, I like the idea that the toys will actually be clean once a year.

yidisheh mama

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 4:16 am
lego, mega bloks, etc. inside pillowcase in washing machine
magnatiles wipe down w clorox wipes

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 4:19 am
creditcards wrote:
I put it in the bath when I bathe the kids. They play with it and it gets cleaned while they play with it in the bathtub. Then I let it dry overnight.

If it's in the bath with your kids it's not getting as clean as in bath without the kids. I mean, isn't whatever dirt, germs and dead skin cells coming off them going to possibly stay on your "clean" toys? If you are already going through the hassle of cleaning your toys once a year...

creditcards

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 4:58 am
amother wrote:
If it's in the bath with your kids it's not getting as clean as in bath without the kids. I mean, isn't whatever dirt, germs and dead skin cells coming off them going to possibly stay on your "clean" toys? If you are already going through the hassle of cleaning your toys once a year...

Na, it's ok. It looks clean and that's enough for me. Kids have a blast washing them. It gets cleaner while the kids shwoosh them around.

Mayflower

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 5:16 am
I always wash clics and lego (duplo really) in a mesh bag or pillow case in our front loader washing machine, works perfectly fine.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 6:59 am
gilamom wrote:

They will get water logged and scratched. If they're actually dirty just wipe down with damp cloth. Otherwise just leave them alone and clean out the bin you store them in.

meme6

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 8:38 am
I wash almost all my toys in the dishwasher in by mesh bags it’s the best!
Little people
Manga tiles and anything with small holes or delicate get washed by hand

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 8:44 am
all is good wrote:
Neither!!! Don't go crazy over cleaning your toys. Ask your LOR, but I have learned it is not necessary. Little specks of shmutz are not a problem. Just don't put the toys on your pesach counters or tables and you'll be fine! (That's what we were told, not making it up.)

I like to clean my toys - nothing to do with Pesach. (We have Pesach toys and I sell the toy closet.) I haven't cleaned them in 3 years and I feel like every so often they need to get washed, what with kids putting in mouth, being on the floor...

gittylove

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 8:45 am
thanks wrote:
In the dishwasher.

I did this once and a Lego piece fell out to the bottom and burnt the machine. And the dishwasher no longer works because of that. It was nina mesh bag but the zipper opened a bit.
Front loader washing machine is the way I do it since.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics